Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria (3869 Views)

Army Rescues 17-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped By Boko Haram In 2014 In Borno (Pic) / PHOTO NEWS ; Texas Girl Kidnapped 12 Years Ago At Age 4 Found Alive In Mexico. / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Gwarimpa, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by dblock(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Those Militants are making Nigerians look like Demons.

They are not Nigerians.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2007
This phenomenon is a product of bad governance and self delusion.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by Danmasani(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2007
babasin:

point is:

is life of UK child more important than that of Nigeria child?

NOTE: i don't support violence or bad governance

This dude is stupid. Where in my post did you see me say a life of a foreigner is better than that of a Nigerian. Some people are useless! They read thru their arse.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by angel101(f): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2007
na wa o! so they will kill her if her father doesnt swap places with her! then what?! maybe these useless groups should really be eliminated! this is just appalling.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by dblock(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2007
This is getting ridiculous. I say Yar'Adua should summon the Military to eradicate these Militant Groups.

Their Struggle is credible, but the way they go about it isn't. The Niger Delta Militants have become as bad as the very people they are struggling against.

They do not Represent Niger Deltans and they do not represent Nigerians, and Like Johnathan GoodLuck said. "They are Terrorist".

They can try and blow my house up as well, but it is the truth.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by rossy4life(f): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
Why will a normal thinking Nigerian abduct another person's child? I want to believe the so called militants will release Margret Hill unharmed as soon as possible. Margret might be British but, she's a Nigerian as well because of her dual citizenship. The kidnapping of foreigner is becoming too frequent and it is giving Nigeria a bad name internationally.
Personally, I can't think of any logical reason to justify kidnapping an innocent 3year old girl. At the moment the hoodlums have agreed to release Margret only if her father is ready to take her place, which is hilarious.

Whatever we think of the foreigners exploiting our oil reserve, our government allowed it because of their own selfish interest. Obviously, if there is anyone to attack, it should be our government for taking away our basic human rights from us.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by denex: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2007
@babasin & otokx

may God not have mercy on your souls! The kidnappers are victims too? Obasanjo caused the kidnapping? You guys are actually wicked.

Have you ever calculated that Obasanjo might have caused all the robberies and ritual killings too. Or in babasin's words: the robbers, ritualists and fake drug manufacturers are victims too.

If every criminal in Nigeria can be claimed to be a victim too, then what about Obasanjo? Is he not a victim too? Was he not jailed for years awaiting his death on no proven charges? Is Yar'Adua not a victim too? Was the head of his family not killed in jail?

We're all victims. Lets kill, steal, rape and destroy.

Victims Association of Africa.

Rubbbisssshhhhhhhhh!
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by dblock(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2007
I'm thinking of starting an Anti Militant, Militant Organisation.

Called "AMMO"

I'll get some weapons and kill all the Niger Delta Militants, and then start an appropriate struggle.

Kidnapping Innocent people is just wrong, and should not be condoned, Neglect or no Neglect.

If those Militants have ever been to Church, they won't be acting like Terrorists.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by sartorius(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2007
blue-sky:

Latest News:
Kidnappers who seized a three-year-old UK girl in Nigeria have threatened to kill her unless her father agrees to take her place

shocked
what is the world coming to.

they cant kill her , they want to strike a deal
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by bluesky4(f): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2007
sartorius:

they can't kill her , they want to strike a deal

but the fact is, they are threatining to kill her.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by angel101(f): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2007
From the news i have read so far, the guy is not even an oil worker. he is said to run a bar in Port Harcourt.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by ono(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
MEND has categorically denied any involvement in the barbaric act. But the past 8 years of misrule by OBJ and his ilks has led to the creation of comfortable breeding grounds for hoodlums across the country, especially the Delta.  I find it difficult to rule out the possibility of some nearby ethnic groups boys (and girls too) cashing in on the chaotic situation in the area to make quick money.

That said, I must quickly point out that the security situation in the country is alarming enough. I'm personally much concerned, more than ever before, about my safety anywhere in Nigeria. If the amala-eating baba at Molete, Ibadan, can single handedly hold Oyo state to ransome, brandishing machetes, dane guns and other paraphernalia, typical of 18th century warfare in that area, killing, maiming (both protesting men and women alike); then what can mere mortals like me do!

The story is not different in Lagos and other places nearby. Some months back, several newspapers were awash with tales of abduction of school children, who were later beheaded, or their private parts cut off, for money making rituals. The signal strenght (of child abduction, kidnap etc) was pretty high during the election period, all over the country!

As per this British-Nigerian girl, me, I'm happy that the abductors kept her alive and are even going to release her. At least we know she's well, and nobody is planning to hypnotise her, cut off her private parts, head or limbs for money making rituals - similar to what obtains at Okija, Ijebu-igbo and in amala-eateries at Ibadan (Molete)!
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by ayusman16(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
denex:

@babasin & otokx

may God not have mercy on your souls! The kidnappers are victims too? Obasanjo caused the kidnapping? You guys are actually wicked.

Have you ever calculated that Obasanjo might have caused all the robberies and ritual killings too. Or in babasin's words: the robbers, ritualists and fake drug manufacturers are victims too.

If every criminal in Nigeria can be claimed to be a victim too, then what about Obasanjo? Is he not a victim too? Was he not jailed for years awaiting his death on no proven charges? Is Yar'Adua not a victim too? Was the head of his family not killed in jail?

We're all victims. Lets kill, steal, rape and destroy.

Victims Association of Africa.

Rubbbisssshhhhhhhhh!

Hey Moroon! Obj na Magret Hills papa? Why dem no go kidnap am for Ota instead of the innnocent small child, the problem existed even b4 his regime, wonder why these kidnapping didnt take place during Abacha regime, Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by GNature(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2007
babasin:

in 1998: it was not the case! 

How could it be the case ? Abacha had Ken Saro Wiwa, a non-violent activist, killed because he was considered enemy of state. Do you think these militants would dare rear their ugly heads during Abacha's regime ?

In 1998, was the Niger Delta in a better shape than it is now ? Were the Niger Deltans given a share of their oil wealth in 1998 ?

So, according to you, because there weren't any kidnappings in 1998, this meant the government at the time was catering to the needs of the Niger Deltans. It was when Obj assumed power that he started neglecting them and this is why the kidnappings were more pronounced during his term in office.

Is this really your line of thinking ?

babasin:

within 8years it has become hell!  OBJ made it so.

Obj did not "make anything so". The problem has been lingering for years prior to him taking over. The militants couldn't start their operations sooner because a military government would have finished them off.

Abacha killed Ken Saro Wiwa despite appeals from leaders world wide for him to spear his life, so I have no doubt that he would've just sent in the troops to completely annihilate the militants.

Anyone who single-handedly holds obj accountable for the neglect of the Niger Deltans [this is the root cause of the kidnappings, remember !] since oil and gas has been extracted from their land, is simply being narrow minded. It's just that simple.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by denex: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2007
Thank you GNature. I wonder why they were so civil under a harsh inconsiderate military rule. Yet they choose to militate under a flourishing conceding civilian democracy.

Really, this mendacious MEND baffles me.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2007
You know, I had always said that sonner or later these guys will go too far. they've been over playing their hand for quite a while. Apparently, some leaders of MEND are said to be university graduates (according to a BBC in depth analysis).
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by dblock(m): 4:54am On Jul 08, 2007
The Government should not negotiate with the Kidnappers of the Little Girl.

They can go and get their Money somewhere else.

I'm Glad that MEND has agreed to help the Task Force. And when they find those pathetic human beings, they should feed them to dogs.

Kidnapping innocent Children for Ransom Money. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How low can you stoop.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:12am On Jul 08, 2007
When a little 3 year old girl was kidnapped in Portugal, all the UK news networks carried photographs of the missing girl, with macro close-ups to show the distinguishing features of the girls eyes, yet so far NOT A SINGLE PHOTOGRAPH of the missing girl in Nigeria has been published anywhere.

Noting that the missing British girl in Portugal is from parents who are both white by racial classification while the missing girl in Nigeria has a white British father and a black Nigerian mother, I wonder why there are no pictures being shown of the girl from mixed racial parentage, in sharp contrast to the flood of pictures of the girl whose parents are both white ?

Are we to infer that children of mixed race all look the same to Western eyes, and so do not need to be identified by photographs ?  Or are toddlers of mixed racial origin simply valued less by the UK media due to a lower cuteness quotient ?
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by denex: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2007
I think it is the lower cuteness quotient. So this is what you guys want to do now? Divert attention to whether the girl is beautiful or not?

The British girl in Spain went missing. MISSING!!! It was just a suspicion that she might have been kidnapped.

Missing people have to have their pictures on handbills, posters, milk cartons, newspapers and television because the missing person could be lost somewhere, wandering around.

However, in a case of certain kidnap, publishing the picture hardly has any relevance because the kidnappers have taken the hostage to a highly secluded area where no innocent passerby will be able to identify her. And then again, the kidnappers have already made themselves and their conditions known. So what role is a publicised photograph going to play in this dilemma.

What is required right now is to pay the ransom on the girl, then give all legal residents in the Niger-Delta Creek areas 2 weeks to evacuate. Then unleash terror on all members and supporters of MEND, NDPVF and every other associated body. The fact that MEND is offering to help makes them no less a suspect. Any armed terrorist found during this operation should be shot on sight. TAKE NO PRISONERS.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2007
denex:

So what role is a publicized photograph going to play in this dilemma.

What is required right now is to pay the ransom on the girl, then give all legal residents in the Niger-Delta Creek areas 2 weeks to evacuate. Then unleash terror on all members and supporters of MEND, NDPVF and every other associated body. TAKE NO PRISONERS.

A published photograph to accompany appeals for the toddler's safe return may sway a few hard hearts toward compassion, and get the little girl released unconditionally. But no photos were shown at all, and I find that odd.

The "Niger-Delta Creek areas" to which you refer reportedly cover an area of dense forest and swamp FIVE TIMES the size of the Viet Nam Mekong Delta where US forces faced the perils of the labyrinth and ultimately withdrew decades ago.

Your proposed scorched-earth policy may be effective in the context of a military offensive on dry land, but in the creeks, swamps and rain forest of that Niger Delta, the home team's knowledge of the local terrrain gives them a substantial advantage that is largely forgotten by arm-chair theoreticians.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by naijaway(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2007
Why the government doesn't want to take the fight to these people is very troubling. At least they can start a propaganda against the militants without specifying the region inorder to exclude those that are just plain civilians and up to date they don't have no form of survellance on these criminals; instead they have mouth intelligence. Nigeria needs to start being on a higher standard instead of calling for foreign help on this issue.
This girl they kidnapped should be released, matter of fact she should be taken home by any means those criminals have. Her parents were only supporting developments by having a business there at a time when is dangerous to do so but yet these criminals have shown they are not intrested in dat and dats how they have been for a while cuz to them the rest of the country is succumbing to their acts of terror. I wish they make me minister for security or something then Nigerians would see these kinds of act diminish in one year; very very possible with technology made with nigerian mentality.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by denex: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2007
Dearest jakumo,

it is with a heavy heart I write to you. I want you to realise that there are thousands of Niger-Deltans in the Nigerian Army. The fact that they are not members of MEND doesn't make them any less at home. Do not also forget that a lot of Niger-Delta indigenes are getting sick and tired of the adventure of these terrorists. They will very easily be recruited as counter militia.

Let me tell you one thing you do not realise about southerners in general, they'll do about anything for money. Let alone when it's legal. If the government can just put a ransom of N1 million on the head of each one of those Niger-Delta terrorists, I tell you, the military will have no need to go there.

Indigenes will kill and kill till there are no more to kill, and they will start killing innocent Ilaws to disguise them as members of MEND in order to get the bounty.

Those members of MEND that are lower in the chain of command and have not benefitted much from the bunkering money and the kidnap ransom will kill their fellows and present them to get N1 million on each head. Various methods will be used including poisoning. I'm telling you, at the end of the day, more than 2 million lives will be lost without the Nigerian military firing a single shot.

Let me tell you that before Obasanjo left, he was considering this option but for the massive collateral damage. Do you know how many starving youths will welcome this business opportunity?

I keep saying that the government is trying to employ the least harsh method here and MEND keeps spreading propaganda that it is because of their weapons arsenal. No be only arsenal. Na Chelsea.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2007
Placing bounties on the heads of a few warlords may well prevent the odd skirmish in the Delta, but expecting that sort of tactic to decimate a struggle that has incubated for so many decades is wishfull thinking, Denex, for the neglect, pollution and repression those folks experience daily will take a lot more appeasement that a measly few million naira in  war bounties.

The cowardly kidnapping of a toddler will never further any sane political agenda.  Hopefully those behind the abduction will be put out of their misery as soon as the hostage is freed. That mad crime has, nonetheless, occurred against the backdrop of sundry other front-line felonies as well as a smoldering armed struggle whose long-term political objectives are shared by large swathes of the Niger Delta population.

Under-estimating the resilience of those committed to that struggle would be an epic mistake for any federal army field commander posted to that area.  All told, MEND is highly unlikely to fold anytime soon despite their guilt by association with the kidnappers of that child.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by denex: 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2007
Ever friendly Jakumo,

the decade long struggle has ended with the formation of MEND. The NDPVF would have carried on a meaningful struggle but in came MEND, and they monetised the struggle to what we have today.

From Crude Oil Bunkering alone, MEND diverts an average of 300,000 bpd. Given that they sell at less than the market price, at $50/barrel, they have been making close to $15,000,000 daily.

In a year,
$4,500,000,000.
In Naira,
N500,000,000,000.

How much of this staggering sum has been used to curb pollution, alleviate the suffering of the Niger-Delta families, or utilized in community development projects? This is all aside from the millions they make from the incessant kidnappings.

Now, let's step away from money for a minute and talk about allegiances. Look around the world and you will realise that there is no rebel group that the US has sponsored that it has not turned around and destroyed. The Bin Laden, Farah Aidid, Saddam, Mobutu, all of them were once instruments to the US. Yet immediately their enemies decided to shake hands with the US, it marked their very destruction. We know the M.O.

If I tell you that negotiations are underway for the US to provide intelligence for the destruction of MEND, exchange for the government to sideline Shell and favour Haliburton and Chevron on oil deals, you will scuff.

But negotiation are on for assistance of Nigeria in squashing the MEND terrorists in exchange for Nigeria leaving OPEC and giving preferential treatment to US Oil Companies over China's.

Well, make we dey see dey go. The struggle that MEND is engaged in, that has enabled them to "kolobi" $4,500,000,000, the struggle that enables them to be using cutlass to slap kidnapped oil workers on the face, the struggle that has led them to be threatening, robbing and killing people of the Niger-Delta, the struggle that has finally climaxed in the kidnap of a 3 year old baby, they will explain it to us very soon.

God Save Nigeria!
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by ono(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2007
denex,
Those figures are largely cooked up. It is practically impossible for a militia group to ''ferry'' 300,000 barrels of crude oil on a daily basis across the creeks, after bursting pipelines, and sail through the Bight of Bonny, Bakassi or Benin to sell crudes to the outside world, without being sighted by the Nigerian security apparatus - The Navy. Except you're saying the Nigerian Navy Chiefs are collaborators in the theft of the Niger Delta crude (not very far from the truth anyway), I will quickly dismiss your claim. First use common sense and multiply 300,000 barrels by 10 days, come up with 3 million barrels and tell me if you can use barges to move that volume of crudes without being noticed. I did not know that MEND and NDPVF now have ocean liners sha. Please tell me of they do.

The folks that are benefitting from the largesse that's the Niger Delta crude oil sales are sitting way up there in Abuja. They care less about your safety and well being.

As per your intelligence write up, I must say your source must be myopic about the current state of things in the Delta. Well, for your information, I have a more reliable source of information about what external forces are up to in the current spate of things in the Delta, which I will never disclose on this forum.
Re: Three Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2007
Grammer don full ground. If there is no meaningful development carried out by those vagabonds in power then there will continue to be an increase in the number of kidnappings. The people have learnt the hard truth, there is nothing good in forming mungu like Ken Saro Wiwa and Isaac Boro. We don't need dead legends whose villages remain inhabitable. Port Harcourt should have all and even more facilities that what obtains in FCT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. / Photo Of Newly Acquired Armoured Carrier Deployed 2 Frontline Against Boko Haram / More Revelations About TSA Scam....buhari Is Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.