Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,446 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Independence Was A Mistake? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Independence Was A Mistake? (1003 Views)

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo / Nigerian Sailors Celebrate The 55th Independence At Sea (Photos) / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Was A Mistake? by Vicjustice: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2007
Babefishing Dating, the ideal Nigerian dating site. Click now: www.babefishing.com

A quick definition for independence is: freedom from control or influence of another or others.
Nigeria got her independence since 1960, but yet, a 47 year old Nigeria is still not free from her indigenous oppressors.
I personally believe that Nigeria shouldn't have sought the "independence" from the British because, in the real sense, the country is not independent. We demanded freedom from the colonial masters, and here we found ourselves enslaved under our own oppressors: the fact is, if we didn't get our independence from the British, our country would have been better off, and we wouldn't have been desperate to travel out in search of greener pastures rather than for tourism.
Re: Independence Was A Mistake? by Angybabe(f): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Author
This should be in politics i think.
Who are the indigenous oppressor?
Re: Independence Was A Mistake? by Vicjustice: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2007
Angibabe,
You don't need a Fela Kuti (RIP) to explain to you who the indigenous oppressors are, do you?
This topic shouldn't only be on politics, it also involves travelling, remember this is a major factor that triggers travelling abroad.
Re: Independence Was A Mistake? by vikiviko(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
Our present Plight as a nation has nothing to do with our independence

This are only trying times for the corporate entity called Nigeria

Agreed People are are unemployed, stricken with poverty but its not only in Nigeria, go to Romania, Bulagaria, uk , Brasil the unemployment rate are the same.

Political independence has been achieved in all parts of the world only economic emanciaption is still a problem mostly in all third world countries.

If not for independence i don't know where we'll be today.

Our problems are self inflicted thus meaning it could be corrected someday.
We have leadership problems too, someday we 'll get there.

To say the least Nigeria and Nigerians are doing better,

(1) (Reply)

Help Me To Achieve My Mission Goal In Asia / Help A Newbie: Usa Tourist Visa / Sunnshyn Needs First Hand Information On South Korea Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.