Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos (669 Views)

Rivers Man Sodienye Mbatumukeke To Die For Killing Jumia Agent Over Iphone / Trooper Azunna Maduabuchi Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad / Auchi Polytechnic Fresh Graduate Shot Dead By Auchi Vigilante Squad (Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by Maxymilliano(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2021

Justice Chigozie Igwe of the Rivets State High Court sitting in Port Harcourt has sentenced the killer of Jumia delivery agent Chukwuma Eleje to death either by hanging or firing squad.

Sodienyem Mbatumukeke killed Eleje, 37, in Port Harcourt about four years ago when the latter delivered an ordered iPhone to Mbatumukeke’s house.

His remains were later found in a septic tank in the house.

Mbatumukeke and one Excel Destiny were charged for the murder of the victim.

Delivering the judgement on Monday, the court discharged and acquitted Destiny but found Mbatumukeke guilty as charged.

Justice Igwe described Mbatumukeke as a hardened criminal that deserves no mercy, adding that he was not remorseful.

He said, “You are convicted for the murder of the Jumia delivery agent on March 25, 2017 and sentenced to die by hanging. You are to be tied hands and legs and hanged on your neck until you die, or by firing squad and may your sin be on your head.” Justice Igwe announced.

Reacting to newsmen after the judgment, Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Ibiene Ibano who prosecuted the trial on behalf of the state expressed satisfaction with the judgment, noting that it will serve as a deterrent to such killers.

Asked how he got into the case, Destiny said, “I do tattoo for a living, all the tattoos on the Sodienyem’s body were drawn by me. I came to his house that faithful day to do my normal home service work, before I got myself into this mess.”

He said he was about to raise the alarm on seeing a pool of blood when Mbatumukeke rushed at him with a gun and told him to shut up.

“He then directed me to begin to clean up the mess with him, and I did amid fear and panting,” he said.

Wife of the deceased, Blessing, who was in court with her three children, expressed gratitude to God, on the outcome of the case.

“I am grateful to God, the state, the court for how the case has ended, although my husband is no more, but the law has taken its course on the killer of my husband by this judgement today.”

The convict’s defence said they will appeal the judgment.

https://thenationonlineng.net/killer-of-jumia-agent-to-die-by-firing-squad/

Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by illicit(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2021
What happened to that girl
Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:30am On Feb 16, 2021
Bloggers keep adding my lies to this verdict undecided
Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2021
illicit:
What happened to that girl

The girl and the other guy was set free

They were innocent
Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by Maxymilliano(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2021
He said, “You are convicted for the murder of the Jumia delivery agent on March 25, 2017 and sentenced to die by hanging. You are to be tied hands and legs and hanged on your neck until you die, or by firing squad and may your sin be on your head.” Justice Igwe announced.

A hungry young man hustling to make ends meet was killed because of iPhone 6 then, funnily, no governor will sign his death warrant and will be kept in prison and be fed fat with taxpayers money cry cry cry cry
Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2021
This country filled with wicked heartless people....you see them walking like normal human beings but demons. On a tangent, If you are abroad especially, keep distant. If you have little money, send and stay where you are in peace. A lot of returnees go missing, masterminded by family members and friends.
Re: Killer Of Jumia Agent To Die By Firing Squad - Graphic Photos by Kriss216: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2021
The convict’s defence said they will appeal the judgment .
Imagine the defence counsel

There should be a law to jail lawyers who defend murderers!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Porsche Worth Over ₦60 Million Severely Destroyed In ‘april Fools’ Prank / FCT Phone Thief Stabs Female Victim To Death, Robber Killed / I Married A Debtor, She Runs Out Every Morning To Evade Creditors- Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.