Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States (19470 Views)

Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down / Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by 400billionman: 6:34am On Feb 17, 2021
Cars are built by private companies.

The first ever car made in the world was a mercedes but it was just one car. Only one.

Ford had to buy it and dismantle it, then he re-created the parts and mass produced Ford cars. So the first company to mass produce cars is Ford.

If you cannot refine crude oil, I don't think Government will succeed in car manufacturing. Unless you want to also make cement and spaghetti.

Stop wasting scarce resources on white elephant projects.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by bergs2: 6:44am On Feb 17, 2021
well fortunately, i reside in one of the towns(Nnewi).
when i see the park, no one is gonna tell me about that: for now it is just audio.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Jaqenhghar: 6:50am On Feb 17, 2021
This guy should have stayed back in the US where his skills will be put to good use.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Godbless3(m): 6:54am On Feb 17, 2021
Backward country, them no go do things on time.
Most car manufacturing is targeting solar and electricity driven cars/vehicles in 2025, common electricity we don't have.

2 Likes

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by sulaak(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Can they just deliver electricity (increase the capacity to 50,000MW) and fix the refineries first.

1 Like

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by sulaak(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2021
Myer:

Igbos won't like this.
Cos now Innosson motors is going to be competing with FG.

However Innosson should take solace knowing anything done by govt is always tainted by favoritism and nepotism. So as long as he is dishing out world standard cars he'll be fine. Cos I'm sure give will only provide substandard cars and car parts.

Innosson has nothing to fear if his competitor is the FG
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by MysteryShopper: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Anambra now have 2 giant car manufacturing firms. Good job. God continue to bless Anambra
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by obesem: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2021
Interesting to hear. We hope this ll be actualized.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 17, 2021
tillaman:
Ogun state won’t be a bad idea but who cares
As long as it creates more jobs
And perhaps why are they trying to site another plant in Anambra, why not lmo, Enugu or Ebonyi

Your whole statement looks devilish. Ogun is not a bad idea but siting it in anambra is a bad idea..

God have mercy on you.

3 Likes

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by juniorstar(m): 7:32am On Feb 17, 2021
hope they plan on building electric or na now our eyes just open to dey build petrol cars.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by tillaman(m): 7:33am On Feb 17, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Your whole statement looks devilish. Ogun is not a bad idea but siting it in anambra is a bad idea..

God have mercy on you.
i believe innoson car assembly plant still dey Anambra right??
May The Good Lord mercy on you too sir
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2021
tillaman:
i believe innoson car assembly plant still dey Anambra right??
May The Good Lord mercy on you too sir

Another is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by tillaman(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Another is welcomed.
Touché
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Primebuilders(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2021
Bvlgari:
nice development...this Jelani Aliyu is a very brainy man with proven track record in the automobile industry

After being there for going 5years he did nothing. Remain 2years he want to start
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Ever8090: 8:04am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Useless government. They wanna start what they cannot finish. Well it’s an avenue to loot and move money
at least it is better to start than not starting at all
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by AreaFada2: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2021
CocoaOla:
White elephant project An Averages Nigerians can not afford brand new cars work on that first

Its mostly because the NGN keeps loosing value, inefficiency of the CBN and over dependence of foreign made goods/ Rise and fall of Crude oil.

An Avg Nigerians works hard, earns less, pay for basic need at a inflated cost.

Let's even make it short? Where is electricity to run any serious industry? Let's FG sort that first.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
Osagyefo98:

God have mercy on you.
Na wa ooo.

For that easy-to-understand, straight forward and harmless comment?

wonderful!
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Incognito403: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2021
Broken2020:
The cars will be so expensive, cost of providing electricity for themselves will be added
You people will just be typing with shallow thinking.

People who're investing their money haven't done their feasibility and viability studies?!

Please stop typing crap online. It's nauseating.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by slowice(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2021
The locations are somewhat political but the idea is beautiful.

Though I would ve loved for aba to be chosen, nnewi got clout and plenty billionaires who ll buy into it as soon as they understand it.

1 Like

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Solutionchima: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2021
Myer:

Igbos won't like this.
Cos now Innosson motors is going to be competing with FG.

However Innosson should take solace knowing anything done by govt is always tainted by favoritism and nepotism. So as long as he is dishing out world standard cars he'll be fine. Cos I'm sure govt will only provide substandard cars and car parts.
You just exposed ur ignorance. Its to be sited in Nnewi because of innoson; so they can produce car parts for a ready market(innoson)
Your secondary sch commerce tells you that in setting up industry, one of the things to consider is closeness to market. And innoson is that market.

1 Like

Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:

So the govt realizes that local production creates employment but has been selling raw crude to Indians and Europeans to help them create high paying employment when they refine it.

We could refine fuel at home if we give the refiners and the marketers the right to sell the fuel at a price they deem fit instead of subsidizing the price to levels that won't allow them to make a profit

But the government and the people of Nigeria love cheap fuel
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by CodeTemplar: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Vardanes2:

We could refine fuel at home if we give the refiners and the marketers the right to sell the fuel at a price they deem fit instead of subsidizing the price to levels that won't allow them to make a profit

But the government and the people of Nigeria love cheap fuel
You don't need marketers or open market pricing to run local refineries. Just run it and it will employ enough people that you won't need to subsidize things to alleviate artificial poverty.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
You don't need marketers or open market pricing to run local refineries. Just run it and it will employ enough people that you won't need to subsidize things to alleviate artificial poverty.

Well the only way we can run refinereis well in Nigeria is to run them profitably

In other words allow Dangote to control the price of fuel he refines in his refinery and allow markrters to sell fuel at a price that would allow them to cover costs of transport and so on

Not the subsidy regimen which forces marketers and refineries to sell at a loss and then pays them a set amoumt as subsidy that does not cover their losses ( which is why NNPC has non working refineries....years of selling fuel at a loss)

Profits made will among other things provide more jobs and wages for employees.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:57am On Feb 17, 2021
I hope this talk will be followed up by action
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by CodeTemplar: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2021
kiss
Vardanes2:

Well the only way we can run refinereis well in Nigeria is to run them profitably

In other words allow Dangote to control the price of fuel he refines in his refinery and allow markrters to sell fuel at a price that would allow them to cover costs of transport and so on

Not the subsidy regimen which forces marketers and refineries to sell at a loss and then pays them a set amoumt as subsidy that does not cover their losses ( which is why NNPC has non working refineries....years of selling fuel at a loss)

Profits made will among other things provide more jobs and wages for employees.
You are talking subsidy which isn't what i am talking about.
If local production of cars that will employ few thousands at most is good, then local refiningbof crude which can employ millions gainfully is commonsense and should get priority over all these junkie projects.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
kissYou are talking subsidy which isn't what i am talking about.
If local production of cars that will employ few thousands at most is good, then local refiningbof crude which can employ millions gainfully is commonsense and should get priority over all these junkie projects.

I'm not opposed to local refining of fuel

But here in Nigeria people, whether pro or anti buhari or neutral hold fuel subsidy as a national article of faith

Which means in practice low prices for fuel to make refining it in the country a loss making venture

( Many of the refineries coming on stream in this country are refining every thing but pms. Because everything else is not subsidised)
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by CodeTemplar: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Vardanes2:

I'm not opposed to local refining of fuel

But here in Nigeria people, whether pro or anti buhari or neutral hold fuel subsidy as a national article of faith

Which means in practice low prices for fuel to make refining it in the country a loss making venture

( Many of the refineries coming on stream in this country are refining every thing but pms. Because everything else is not subsidised)
The thread is about local production of cars. I insist on that.
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Saig: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Nothing for Middle Belt! See Why the Middle Belt must cut away from the North??
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
The thread is about local production of cars. I insist on that.

You did bring in the fuel talk now cheesy
Re: Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States by CodeTemplar: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2021
Vardanes2:

You did bring in the fuel talk now cheesy
Yes, but to illustrate a valid point about local car production being of lesser impact economically. Something I still insist is what this thread is all about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

​Hyundai Develops Fingerprint Tech To Unlock And Start Cars / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.