Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics (35404 Views)

Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You did. You wrote that people who use corporal punishment are regarded as social misfits elsewhere. In other words, social misfits developed South Korea.

Once again, national development has nothing to do with social or mental health, you keep trying to infer a connection that doesn't exist instead of sticking to facts. For example, no one can deny that today's German industrial edge was introduced and nurtured by Hitler's Nazis prior to WWII. No one denies that they were social misfits who tried their best to kill off anyone who did not fit their world view. And as I said earlier, bullying is a well studied phenomenon in South Korean schools. You can read up on it yourself. Teachers beat up the students, students beat up on each other. In some of the informal schools in the North, I watched slightly older children given canes and authority over the younger ones. It was obvious that they enjoyed beating those they had authority over. Hardly a good way to train kids to be well adjusted, compassionate adults. By extension, this teacher was teaching his students the same thing.

BluntTheApostle:

You obviously don't know the meaning of punishment. It is primarily directed at the offender. Secondarily, it serves as a deterrent to others. Slaughtering may show an association between pain and the offense, but does not give the offender a chance to change. Punishment is not evil. It is not to take a life, but to make it better.

Punishment is defined as any penalty imposed as retribution for an offence or in psychology, with intention to change behaviour. I know what that is. What I don't know is what you consider it to be. I cited other forms of punishment that do not involve taking a life which you omitted to mention. Once again, if it is ok to cause pain to the point of injury by flogging, why is it not ok to pour boiling water or burn them with hot irons? Or do you perhaps think that there's nothing wrong with that form of punishment either, since it also could be effective at 'correcting wrong behaviour'?

BluntTheApostle:

You are not being sincere. When you deny a child chocolate, you can cause him emotional pains. In fact, denying a child anything is a form of abuse except it is being used as a form of punishment or training.

First of all, a certain amount of emotional pain is inevitable in society. Incidentally you are concentrating on the feelings and emotions. I'm talking about the fact that a child who gets physically assaulted is indirectly taught that it is socially acceptable way to correct others, thereby ensuring that he'll also be likely to use physical violence to impose behaviour in others when he's an adult. The emotional pain a child feels when his chocolate is withheld is not likely to be inflicted on others or be as damaging. So he doesn't give gifts to others when he's an adult and he doesn't like their behaviour. How dangerous is that to society? Is it as dangerous as teaching him to physically assault others when he's stronger?

BluntTheApostle:

I know of people who deny their children dinner as a punishment. Is that not a show of might? If the child could earn his own money, would you be able to use your financial power over them to bully them?

By the same reasoning, I know of children who are stronger than their parents or teachers. Would you be able to use your physical power over them? But all this is digression that has no connection to any point that I made.

BluntTheApostle:

It is not only corporal punishment that can be abused. Any form of abuse can be abused. What about parents who are having a bad day at work who may come home and start scolding their children at every slight provocation? Should we outlaw punishment simply because they can be overdone or abused?

Yet, but the abuse of corporal punishment is worse, because it teaches children that it is ok to not respect other people's body integrity on a whim, or because you feel like. This is why we have terrorists and psychopaths who think it's ok to harm others for personal pleasure. You will agree that a child who grows up thinking that it's ok to withhold chocolate to influence behaviour in others is less dangerous when he grows up than a child who thinks it's ok to beat up others when he feels like.

BluntTheApostle:

Hope you know that this statement of yours will be condemned by animal lovers. Just as you find a problem with my support of corporal punishment, someone else will have a fault with your total disregard for the sentience of animals.

Irrelevant to the topic.

BluntTheApostle:

It does. When you deny a child chocolate, it shows you have the right to emotionally assault them.

You're just throwing up fabricated strawman arguments. Withholding chocolate is not emotional assault. In fact, it is very important to teach children that they will not be rewarded for bad behaviour, nor should they be expected to be given everything they ask for. Emotional abuse would involve public humiliation of a child for example; especially in front of his peers. Yes I'm against that too.

BluntTheApostle:

I have traveled in my life, and I will share some experiences here.

A man denied his daughter a request because her teachers wrote a bad remark on her. The girl's request was to be taken to see a show. The girl decided that her father was mean, and so she decided to make the money herself. She stole the money.

How about that?

There are parents who will say, "No dinner because you didn't do your chores" Is that not emotional abuse?

Some parents will say, "No pocket money for you?" Is that not financial abuse.

The fact is that there is an evident imbalance of power between a punisher and the offender, otherwise the punishment will not be accepted by the offender.

Even when a child punishes another child, there is always an obvious imbalance of power.

Your analogy is too vague to exhibit any lessons, and you are assuming that I condone all those forms of punishment you cited up there. In any case, none of that is emotional abuse. Once again, I have no problem with proper punishment for bad behaviour, (note that I do not condone withholding a child's dinner for any reason). However, teaching a child that it is socially acceptable to physically assault a fellow just because you have more power than them is on a whole different level entirely, and tends to perpetuate a never ending circle of violence. An adult victim can walk away from an emotionally abusive fellow, but it's not always that easy to walk away from a person who thinks it's ok to beat up or engage in other forms of violence against others. Ask the victims of Boko Haram.

Please stop the strawman stuff. Focus on that point because everything else you wrote was disconnected from the point I made. My point is that physical punishment only teaches children that physical violence is acceptable as a means of changing behaviour that you don't like in others. Therefore, it perpetuates the physical abuse in society across generations.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Freedomforever(m): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
This flogging is way too much for this student the teacher should be causioned to avoid this incident repiting itself again.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by WoundedLamb: 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
People bring in so much unnecessary emotions when administering punishments in Africa.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by zubinike(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2021
illicit:
As a teacher I don't support corporal punishment but sometimes it is handy as we are Nigerians and we know who we are....

I resort to cane as the very last option but I still wont flog bare skin....

You have to be diplomatic when it comes to girls especially the ones in senior classes.
They can knowingly infuriate u.

The boys are mostly predictable.

I don't support child labour as well, making students to cut the grass and sweep floors.... But it's the norm here

If I told my proprietor, I will probably get sacked

As a teacher, concur with me that modern day student lack morals than your days in school.
I don't support you canning a student to this manner, some parents would come to school to congratulate you it got this bad, why other parents brings their child to you to discipline them but not to kill them. IMO, the teacher was angry that the learning zeal in students drastically has gone down the drain. Teachers needs to be extremely patient.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Sleekfingers: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
post=99140428:
Update From . COM

A teacher in Rivers state has been accused of brutalizing a student for failing to submit assignment, Reports.

Twitter user, @empresswodi who shared photos of the brutalized student and the teacher said the alleged incident occurred in Emohua area of Rivers state

She tweeted as Obtained By ;

Somewhere in Emohua, Rivers State... Because a student fails to submit Agricultural Science assignment. Teacher inflict injury on her all in the name of discipline

Her parent should be reporting the matter to the school authority by tomorrow.

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

Vanessa @EmpressWodi shared the photos and wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmpressWodi/status/1361690967569559554

if any idiot try this thrash with my kids.......he or she will regret the day he was born........his or her hands go swell till death......
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by tunddy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
This is serious

We sell duplex in Lagos and outside lagos; 4 bed room semi detached duplex,hotels,
Bungalow,blocks of flats, lands ; we also have properties for a long term lease; ware house,hotel;
Properties for letting; 3 bed room flat,2 bed room flat, mini flat, room self for an affordable price.

Check my signature for more information
Call/Whatsapp: 0*8*1*3*2*2*8*5*2*3*3
Note: Remove * from the number

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Numerouno94(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
99thEnemy:

E tire me too oh!
Fetish for legs.
I would understood a little if it was even high up some fresh laps.
My G... cheesy
Oil dey ur head.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Evidenx(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Karemarealty288:
There is more to the punishment... With that fine legs...that teacher must have made failed approaches.
You are thinking what am thinking. . This is aggressive flogging after the lady refuse agree for him.. Hahha.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BaeMercy(f): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
illicit:

Pls don't make teachers feel bad....

It's not always anybody's wish to be underemployed.

I am a teacher too and I am not backward in Jesus name.

I collect peanuts as salary, Agreed. But I prefer it to being a criminal under any guise.

I love my job

you're better than the man I quoted, so put your mind at rest
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by freemanq(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ndi Blindness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Different Students During Their Final Year Project (Hilarious Photos) / Transgender: Students At Leeds University Demand staff include Gender Pronoun / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.