Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem (3957 Views)

We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / I Kept Myself For 34 Years But My Marriage Lasted Only Wedding Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Rubbiish(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
ststyreal:
Don't transfer any money to any body, be it father, mother or siblings, cos only God can be trusted especially this one that involves money. Calculate all you will be needing for the month and collect it in lump sum from your wife. At least you are seeing your wife everyday, if you mistakenly transfer the money to any siblings, I tell you na story go end am.
So u mean any of your siblings can't put any of their funds under your care?? Are u that unreliable & untrustworthy?
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Rubbiish(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Vyolet:

Whatever you think about me is inconsequential.
Wait until immature boys rubbish your wife's effort at being frugal and concort stories like she is controlling you and help you dissect your home.
But the bold is not far from the truth!
Op is afraid of his wife
I see no reason why any man will come to Nairaland for such issue, when he should have simply confronted his wife. If your wife took the ATM card with her, instead of whining on nairaland, call her to help u withdraw, simple thing!

1 Like

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by lilyheaven: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Well I don't have a side chick but you point is not valid cuz most times she doesn't agree with what I spend money on. Take for instance, I need to take 2 of our 3 dogs for vaccination today, that will cost me about 15k. My wife can't know about that cuz it's unreasonable to her that I'll use 15k to vaccinate dogs. And many other things she complains about. She's very frugal with money. That's a good thing actually but not when it's affecting me.
As for the CBN. I don't want to take risk
grin cheesy
Sorry oooo,
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by ststyreal(f): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
Rubbiish:

So u mean any of your siblings can't put any of their funds under your care?? Are u that unreliable & untrustworthy?
Only my self I know, I don't know of any other person.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by LordKO(m): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
ststyreal:
Don't transfer any money to any body, be it father, mother or siblings, cos only God can be trusted especially this one that involves money. Calculate all you will be needing for the month and collect it in lump sum from your wife. At least you are seeing your wife everyday, if you mistakenly transfer the money to any siblings, I tell qyou na story go end am.

The way some of you are always bold to use yourselves and things happening around you as standard are always both appalling and laughable. No, not everyone is like you and those around you. I've always had my sibling handling multimillion naira projects for me without hearing any funny story, and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Oizee(f): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
LordKO:

The way some of you are always bold to use yourselves and things happening around you as standard are always both appalling and laughable. No, not everyone is like you and those around you.
I've always had my sibling handle multimillion naira projects for me without hearing any funny story, and vice versa.
congrats for having such an awesome family....... honestly u are really lucky

1 Like

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by OKOATA(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
The only problem I see here is fear, when you live in fear anything makes you afraid, I am sure you are one of those who also fear Corona in Nigeria. I also do crypto business and afraid of nothing, why will you let fear rule your life? Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by mariahAngel(f): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
After the recent CBN directive that accounts of cryptocurrency traders should be closed by banks. I was a little panicked cuz I have invested in crypto a few times. So I decided to act fast and move all my money into my wife's account.
My wife happen to be someone that likes to make money but hates to spend it. Most of the times she always complain about how much I spend to fix my car, how much I'm spending to feed the dogs and so on like that. But I didn't know keeping all my money in her account will lead to an headache like this.

After the transfer, I realize that I'll have to ask her to send money to me if I want to do anything but we have a good relationship so I'm not concerned about that until questions start now.
If I ask my wife to send money to me. I'll have to explain what I want to do with it.
The most annoying part now is that she goes to school for an advance degree and most times she goes early in the morning so she won't cook before leaving. I'll wake up, do the necessaries and when I'm hungry, there won't be food! As an understanding husband, I will want to order food, I don't have money! I'll still have to call her to transfer to me. After that, I noticed she has taken the only atm card at home with her! What's all these now!

If I ask her to transfer my money back, no issue but I'm worried CBN might close my account and wahala will burst but I'm not used to this kind of lifestyle. I've always provided and give, now I have to take from her and still explain what I need it for!
I swear I don't know what to do.

Please mods should NOT move my post to front page. I don't need any form of popularity from this, I only want the opinion of people that visit family section cuz I know many of us are married and experienced

Do something quick to retrieve your money back from her, otherwise, it becomes more difficult as time goes on.
Noticed how she left with the ATM card knowing you'd need it? It might get worse.
Also, it might cause friction in your relationship eventually.
Power/control, once tasted, is hard to give up.
Power/control, once given up, is hard to take back.

3 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
Open an account with another bank. Let her transfer your money into it. Case closed.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by BlackPantherxXx: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
SIMPson... angry

The mistake a lot of these men make is allowing a woman too much power.

Call me a sexist.... but give a woman an inch and she takes a mile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by cybriz82(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
Trying n kidnap urself by urself n ask for Ransom..see if she will still ask u questions about d money..
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by mardis: 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Open another account or two (put a business name) and split the money there now, you can transfer it bits by bits, till you have all your money in your possession. Am just imagining how you allow your wife to dictate how to spend the money you earned by yourself. U can't even tell her to cook nawaoo.

Simps, pls advice your member on how to go about this simplish issue.

2 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by ststyreal(f): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
LordKO:

The way some of you are always bold to use yourselves and things happening around you as standard are always both appalling and laughable. No, not everyone is like you and those around you. I've always had my sibling handling multimillion naira projects for me without hearing any funny story, and vice versa.
I don't care what you think, experience they say is the best teacher. One reason according to the way life has dealt with him or her. You don't need to quote me, if your own brothers handles yours well, good for you. We have read on this same forum how siblings divert their brothers or sisters money into personal use. So I only aired my opinion and views, kindly give your own advice, while respecting others view.

3 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
mardis:
Open another account or two (put a business name) and split the money there now, you can transfer it bits by bits, till you have all your money in your possession. Am just imagining how you allow your wife to dictate how to spend the money you earned by yourself. U can't even tell her to cook nawaoo.

Simps, pls advice your member on how to go about this simplish issue.
You should not say this. I have 100% control over my family but she's human and she's doing alot for the family especially since it's a big house, we don't have a maid and we don't have kids yet. So forcing her to cook is way over the edge and I won't do that. Unlike many men, food doesn't mean much to me. I just need to fill my belly so I can get to work. And if you think my decision not to force her to cook is a weakness then you don't know much about marriage.

4 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Shokoloko(f): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Well I don't have a side chick but you point is not valid cuz most times she doesn't agree with what I spend money on. Take for instance, I need to take 2 of our 3 dogs for vaccination today, that will cost me about 15k. My wife can't know about that cuz it's unreasonable to her that I'll use 15k to vaccinate dogs. And many other things she complains about. She's very frugal with money. That's a good thing actually but not when it's affecting me.
As for the CBN. I don't want to take risk

I cant understand this. Its not her money. She shouldnt decide what you do with your money.
I dont ask my spouse what he does with his money except for home upkeep and he cannot ask me what I do with my money.
Please go reopen your account in the bank.
You only bought cryptocurrency. You are not a trader.
Collect your ATM card back. No one should be holding your ATM card for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
Close your account for trading crypto? Smh. Nobody can close your account for trading crypto. The banks can't do that.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by mardis: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

You should not say this. I have 100% control over my family but she's human and she's doing alot for the family especially since it's a big house, we don't have a maid and we don't have kids yet. So forcing her to cook is way over the edge and I won't do that. Unlike many men, food doesn't mean much to me. I just need to fill my belly so I can get to work. And if you think my decision not to force her to cook is a weakness then you don't know much about marriage.

Its clear now, you didn't mention this in your original post. About the money issue, you can try all ideas suggested but don't even think of transferring it to another persons account siblings or not. It will expose you to predators and you don't want that.

1 Like

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by LordKO(m): 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
ststyreal:

I don't care what you think, experience they say is the best teacher. One reason according to the way life has dealt with him or her. You don't need to quote me, if your own brothers handles yours well, good for you. We have read on this same forum how siblings divert their brothers or sisters money into personal use. So I only aired my opinion and views, kindly give your own advice, while respecting others view.

Who cares about whether riffraff likes quoted or not. Every riffraff should stop using themselves as standard or misforming the general public.

4 Likes

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Gbpereluvmama: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
open different bank accounts with different banks, deposit what can cater ur needs for few months into those accounts so u dont have to ask her for, later upgrade those accounts to accommodate 5 to 10m, then u can assemble your cash. my opinion.

1 Like

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by DaInferno(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
WOMAN! send me my money and stop asking questions. That gotta come out with a stern serious look, simple!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by frozen70(f): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
After the recent CBN directive that accounts of cryptocurrency traders should be closed by banks. I was a little panicked cuz I have invested in crypto a few times. So I decided to act fast and move all my money into my wife's account.
My wife happen to be someone that likes to make money but hates to spend it. Most of the times she always complain about how much I spend to fix my car, how much I'm spending to feed the dogs and so on like that. But I didn't know keeping all my money in her account will lead to an headache like this.

After the transfer, I realize that I'll have to ask her to send money to me if I want to do anything but we have a good relationship so I'm not concerned about that until questions start now.
If I ask my wife to send money to me. I'll have to explain what I want to do with it.
The most annoying part now is that she goes to school for an advance degree and most times she goes early in the morning so she won't cook before leaving. I'll wake up, do the necessaries and when I'm hungry, there won't be food! As an understanding husband, I will want to order food, I don't have money! I'll still have to call her to transfer to me. After that, I noticed she has taken the only atm card at home with her! What's all these now!

If I ask her to transfer my money back, no issue but I'm worried CBN might close my account and wahala will burst but I'm not used to this kind of lifestyle. I've always provided and give, now I have to take from her and still explain what I need it for!

Please mods should NOT move my post to front page. I don't need any form of popularity from this, I only want the opinion of people that visit family section cuz I know many of us are married and experienced

Just be calm, she just want to monitor your spending

But she should know that you are an adult
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
mardis:

Its clear now, you didn't mention this in your original post. About the money issue, you can try all ideas suggested but don't even think of transferring it to another persons account siblings or not. It will expose you to predators and you don't want that.
Thank you. Thanks everyone
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by IbnBattuta1960: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
But do you have only one account? They can only ban the account connected to crypto. Let her transfer it to your "clean" account.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by IbnBattuta1960: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
DaInferno:
WOMAN! send me my money and stop asking questions. That gotta come out with a stern serious look, simple!
Supported.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hm.. open a new account and move all your money from her account.

Op, it's like your wife is controlling you Sha. Why should you be explaining what you want to do with your money to her? Mtchew. Some women over open eye na wa o.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Angelacruz: 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
Then open like 4 accounts
Kelvin30286063:

Bank limitation. You can't open a new account and deposit funds running into 6m in it immediately. They will close it and ask you to come for more information therefore keeping your money on the limbo. I have been there before.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Jesuisbelle(f): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
Leave it for her....
And make another money
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Bank limitation. You can't open a new account and deposit funds running into 6m in it immediately. They will close it and ask you to come for more information therefore keeping your money on the limbo. I have been there before.

Register a corporate account and send that money there in bits
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by chyket(m): 4:49am On Feb 18, 2021
If you wanted exclusive control over your funds,why didn't you transfer the funds into your individual account ? You obviously must be operating an individual account before you ventured into the cryptocurrency business.
Secondly there is some merits in your wife's scrutiny of your financial activities especially now that there is so much uncertainty in the crypto business in Nigeria as it will help you curtail unecessary expenditures.
I will advise you to leave the bulk of your business capital with her and just transfer a little portion of the funds to your personal account to take care of your personal expenses pending when this uncertainty in your trade normalized in Nigeria.
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by veave(f): 6:17am On Feb 18, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Please don't listen to that person joor. He or she might not even be married so wouldn't understand how marriage works. Have an estimate of what you would be needing weekly or biweekly weekly and ask her to transfer it once so you don't keep collecting at intervals. By the way, is it that you don't want to make more money? You want to finish the one you have first before making another one? Start making more money abeg so you can spend from the profit of what you got outside instead of banking on the one already in the house.

1 Like

Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by femi4: 6:55am On Feb 18, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Must you order for food? can't you cook? You are reckless with money, your wife is trying to teach you how to be prudent
Re: I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2021
femi4:
Must you order for food? can't you cook? You are reckless with money, your wife is trying to teach you how to be prudent
Cooking is not as easy as you make it look. I always forget food on the gas and it always get burned. Even though I know how to cook, forgetfulness won't allow me cook a good meal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Celebrates Two Fulani Girls He Adopted 5 Years Ago As They Graduate (photos) / Letter To My Wife On Our Anniversary! / Please Advice Heartache Over Husband Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.