Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99658 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Jibson999(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Wumine:

One of my brothers just got back from the polling station now, said VP Sambo just came and left there admist some women chanting their hausa screams and most voters not really responding to his waving/greeting. He came heavily guarded and their was no incidence like yesterday's booing at the mosque
Wumine:

One of my brothers just got back from the polling station now, said VP Sambo just came and left there admist some women chanting their hausa screams and most voters not really responding to his waving/greeting. He came heavily guarded and their was no incidence like yesterday's booing at the mosque
Wumine:

pls which part of kaduna did u vote. And pls give me d full gist of ystdy stoning
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by wesley80(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
Had a forgetable day at the polls today.Got to the station around past eight and waited till around 12pm before the electoral officers showed up and they seemed confused as soon as they stepped out. With just 3 officers to attend to hundreds of voters, there was confusion as to how best to conduct the accreditation.while the corp members wanted to read the entire names out, voters already on queue insisted on one by one accreditation, after about 30 mins of an extremely slow process, a heated debate broke out and it took d intervention of a patrolling platoon of soldiers to restore order after which some order was restored and the officers read out the names(close to a thousand i think) that took some 2 and half hours and at the end, my name wasnt on the list. So after 6hrs of waitin, i'm heading home without voting. Crap.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Ekpoma1: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
I dey fear o. This MOPOL 4 my polling station neva smile since morning. I guess is hungry, and u knw an hungry man is an angry man. Him fit start 2 dey shot anytime o.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Echala: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
I witnessed the sharing of money in my voting center. I recorded and uploaded on youtube.com

April 9, 2011 - National Assembly Election at Ikota Primary School, along the Lekki/Epe Express way. Polling Unit: PU:24/08/04/031.

N200 naira notes being shared by the man in black and white stripe Tee shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzkIXkW8IAQ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by OCCULTIST(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
Anyone who do not see his or her name on the register it means he or she did not register,people should not come here and lie to us and beg us to blame to government. we are tired of blaming the government they have done us nothing rather government is doing more than their best,is people who refuse to do their part.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Again, Labour Party is missing on the ballot papers around Lekki, Lagos. I hope we have not just wasted our time again today?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Coolabbie: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ekpoma1:

I dey fear o. This MOPOL 4 my polling station neva smile since morning. I guess is hungry, and u knw an hungry man is an angry man. Him fit start 2 dey shot anytime o.
grin Una no fit arrange something 4 am?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
I just voted,it was peaceful with overwhelming support for a particular party
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by youngies(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
Counting underway . . .
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Ekpoma1: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
Coolabbie:

grin Una no fit arrange something 4 am?
Fear no gree us ask am wetin e go chop o. D guy fit start 2 shot any moment 4rm now.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Coolabbie: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^ and u still dey dere, e be lyk say u no lyk ursef. Lmao!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by isquar3d3(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
mehn results r trickling in. ACN seems 2 b hvin a gud run. Cn u bliv dat in 1 polling centre in lagos here, apga and acn actually tied wit 26 votes apiece. A pollin centre in anambra where ngige nd dora r sluggin it out, acn hd 4
votes nd no oda party had a single vote. Im followin via twitter.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by xreal: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ekpoma1:

lol.
Hope U not too close to him. Keep an eye on the 'trigger'. . . make you disappear before any of him fingers go reach there. Abeg.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Genbuhari3: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
Acn 86, CPC 18, PDP 19 for my polling unit. Cpc no get candidate and it got 18. Sign of what to happen next week in presidential. Vote CPC Buhari Bakare
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
Counting underway. . .SENATORIAL RESULT From my centre-ACN 232votes PDP 14votes ACCORD 2votes
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
The Independent National Electoral Commission has urged voters to send reports of counting of ballots to it by SMS.

INEC said in a posting on its Twitter page, “As counting commences, ensure you send SMS Reports to 0813832-7889, 0812-728-0713.

“Take a legible picture of the results sheet in order to prevent changes or modifications.

“Send results. Include PU number and vote count per party. Take legible pictures of the result sheet.”
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
House Of Reps-Labour Party 3votes Accord 4votes PDP 15votes NCP 1vote ACN 230votes
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Kilode1: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Acn 86, CPC 18, PDP 19 for my polling unit. Cpc no get candidate and it got 18. Sign of what to happen next week in presidential. Vote CPC Buhari Bakare

Interesting.

Ekpoma1:

Fear no gree us ask am wetin e go chop o. D guy fit start 2 shot any moment 4rm now.

Make una buy small bread + pure water give am now cheesy
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
IFELEKE:

House Of Reps-Labour Party 3votes Accord 4votes PDP 15votes NCP 1vote ACN 230votes

Genbuhari3:

Ensure you send the results from your pollen centers to the numbers provided by INEC above. You can also confirm the numbers on Twitter.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by omoeso(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Counting just finished here at my polling center, Senetorial- ACN--180, PDP--38, LBR--8, APGA--3 And for House of Rep- ACN--179, PDP--37, LBR--8, APGA--3. Akowonjo Alimosho area of Lagos
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ojofu(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
I was able to vote around 1pm, but the turnout was very low. Out of 1473 registered voters, only 225 were accredited to vote. Everybody conducted themselves in a peaceful manner.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
omoeso:

Counting just finished here at my polling center, Senetorial- ACN--180, PDP--38, LBR--8, APGA--3 And for House of Rep- ACN--179, PDP--37, LBR--8, APGA--3. Akowonjo Alimosho area of Lagos

GOD BLESS U DARLING
HOPE THIS IS HOW EVERYWHERE WILL BE SO TRANSPARENT
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
BUT I THOUGHT THE SO-CALLED LABOUR PARTY ARE BENT ON CRUSHING ACN.
LET'S WAIT TILL 2MORO AND SEE WHETHER TINUBU STILL REMAINS A GODFATHER
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tlops(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
omoeso:

Counting just finished here at my polling center,  Senetorial- ACN--180, PDP--38, LBR--8, APGA--3 And for House of Rep- ACN--179, PDP--37, LBR--8, APGA--3. Akowonjo Alimosho area of Lagos
good
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by lakeside4love(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
Guys plz try to post d state n ward.Am waiting to get d final results here in Oredo LGA Ward 07 in Edo state, from d look of things ACN has won here.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
Genbuhari3:

[size=15pt]I CANT JUST WAIT FOR NEXT SATURDAY
BB WILDFIRE[/size]
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by cavicent19(m): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
at my area, sabo in Kaduna: Inec official came past 1pm. accreditation & voting were conducted together after much aguement btw pdp and cpc people. voting is still on but few people yet to be attended to.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sarahluv(f): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
tlops:

good

ACN doing great in Lagos. People must really appreciate their efforts over the years. No more Labor party godfather crap
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
AS WE WAIT FOR MORE RESULTS, ENJOY THIS STORY FROM DAILY TRUST:

[b]Angry youth heckle Vice President at Jumma’at mosque Saturday, 09 April 2011 03:51 Ibraheem Musa, Kaduna
Vice President Namadi Sambo was heckled and booed by angry youth after saying his Jumma’at prayers at Al-Mannar Mosque, located at Camp Road, Kaduna, close to his Link Road residence yesterday, Malam Tukur Adam Almanar, Imam of the mosque confirmed.
According to the Imam, the Vice President’s protocol had earlier intimated him that Sambo will perform his prayers at Al-Mannar and Malam Tukur made provisions for the august visitor at the front row. Before the prayer began, the Imam’s sermon had dwelt on the need for peaceful conduct during and after elections and the need to respect elders and those in authority irrespective of political differences.

Imam Tukur said that after the prayers, he was still inside the mosque when he heard commotion outside and he was told that the Vice President was being harassed. Malam Isa Musa, an eyewitness, told Weekly Trust that the youths surrounded Sambo, chanting “Najeriya sai Buhari” (“Nigeria is Buhari’s”) and he was made to repeat the phrase before he was allowed to proceed.

Alhaji Umar Sani, the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President admitted that the incident occurred but not as popularly portrayed. He said that it is not correct to say that Sambo was booed, adding that it is also wrong to allege that the Vice President was forced to say a popular pro-Buhari slogan.

According to him, the youth numbered about 10 and they shouted ``Sai Buhari`` while the  Vice President merely smiled at them. The security agents did not harass anyone, he said, adding that that ``shows maturity and respect for others’ opinion.``

Last Friday, the Vice President prayed at Maiduguri Road Mosque and after he had left, a few people started shouting ``Sai Buhari[/b]``.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by nwaghana: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
OCCULTIST:

Anyone who do not see his or her name on the register it means he or she did not register,people should not come here and lie to us and beg us to blame to government. we are tired of blaming the government they have done us nothing rather government is doing more than their best,is people who refuse to do their part.

INEC itself has admitted severally that there are missing names in the register, and asked people to cooperate so their names will be available for the next election.

see: http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16515:inec-to-investigate-missing-names&catid=76:election-2011&Itemid=163
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2011
News coming in from one FRCN F.M Station down here says that A middle aged woman was arrested at Akobo Area Ibadan with ballot papers,A Ballot box snatcher apprehended by soldiers in Igbo-Ora the culprit a 24yr old boy was loaded with charms&amulets. . .More results please
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by muami(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
enyojo:

AS WE WAIT FOR MORE RESULTS, ENJOY THIS STORY FROM DAILY TRUST:

what is there to 'enjoy' about the story? The fact that people are not mature enough to accomodate those who dont agree with them? Its a shame that you see this childish and undemocratic behaviour as 'enjoyment'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.