Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. (34241 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Covenant University: Application Deadline / National Open University of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Jehu: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2007
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2007

This is to inform all prospective Applicants, that sales of forms for admission into the National Open University has commenced.

In order to alleviate the problems being encountered by prospective applicants, the University, in consultation with the designated banks and other stakeholders in the admission process, wishes to advise prospective students to visit the NOUN Study Centre nearest to them for detailed information and explanations on the procedure for application for admission. For the purposes of clarity and emphasis, the nine steps to successful admission are as follows:
Procedure for Online Application for Admission into NOUN

Steps:

1. Walk into any of the participating banks:

Access Bank Plc Afribank Nigeria Plc
Bank PHB Ecobank Plc
First City Monument Bank Guaranty Trust Bank
Intercontinental Bank Plc Oceanic Bank
Skye Bank Spring Bank
Sterling Bank UBA
Union Bank Zenith bank

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]For more information, visit[/size][/size][/size]

http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/announcments.jsp?announcementid=4
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by ne4real(f): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2007
thanks 4 the info.

i've checked out the site

but the forms for sale, r postgradute forms included? if yes so that i can pick up a form for my masters programme.

pls reply soon.

10x
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by AKASILI(f): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2007
Thanks for the information, Jehu. I'm actually very interested in NOUN but i'm doing my HND right now. I cant seem to make up my mind on combining both programmes, leaving HND for NOUN or to complete my HND and then start up with NOUN. What do you advise and when will they stop selling the forms.[color=#990000]
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by mimiko(f): 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2007
@ Jehu
nice tx for the info as if u read my mind! waiting for your reply on postgrad.

@ Akasili
i dont think its reasonable to leave HND to start all over again unless u re well convinced, y not finish up ur HND then do ur masters @ NOUN i think this ll be nice since u ve gone that far, unless u think otherwise. wish u all the best
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Everbright(f): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2007
I don't understand all these fuss about NOUN.
Does it offer everyday university regular course or is it suppose to be a part time thing?
I heard OBJ is there and it makes me feel it's adult education kind of thing.
Please clear me if I'm wrong @ Jehu or anyone else.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by ogunsteedo(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2007
@Jehu
Natinal Open University of Nigeria does it based on part-time or full time
pls i need to know. pls your rapid response wil be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by UncleLeem(m): 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2007
NOUN is 100% part-time both 4 1st and post graduate degrees
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Simply(f): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2007
Thanks Jehu for the info.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by AKASILI(f): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2007
Thanks jehu for that inro, thats xactly what i'll do
kudos[b][/b]
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by mendax: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2007
hmmm, sounds interestin
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by DCross(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2007
Thanks men for the message i have been waiting to hear the announcement of this form. And thank God they finally did. i am happy thanks men hope to hear from you soon. Davis 07030343337
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by larryoncol(m): 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2007
yeah the form is out i just got it and i have also submitted it online.

the problem isn't really getting the form or applying for a course, what really scares me is if they can meet up with the demands of the students.
does anytone here know aboutr anyone who finished from noun or is about to, say like 300 or final year.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by olokun(m): 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hello,
I want obtain this form but i just have 0'level result.Is it possible for me to apply?
Please i need this information very fast.Thanks
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by larryoncol(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2007
@olokun

offcouse man you can get an admission man even with your o levels
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by jesuseun1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2007
i intends to go 4 a PGD prog,what is the fees like and the duration for the prog.some body shold give me more info.is the still on sale and how much is it.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Jehu: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2007
Thanks all,

Actually, I 've been monitoring the NOUN site for a while, and a couple of weeks back saw the announcements.

Most of your questions are answered on the NOUN website - So, kindly check it out.

The real question is - National Universities Commission though list the NOUN as a recognized federal university, it does not seem to accredit any of its courses except for Chemistry.

Can this issue be cleared please.

Thanks once again
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Ben0524(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2007
To all GURU's,

pls, can some one direct me to any part-time weekend school here in Lagos the place ive been going they said they dont offer mu course (MASS COMM or PUBLIC ADMIN), pls if u got an idea i will be very grateful
im doing a job so that i can finance myself through school, thats is why i prefer a week end programme. thanks

To- All GURU's
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by bonchido(m): 3:33am On Nov 02, 2007
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. NOW WHEN IS THE NEW INTAKE RESUMINIG SCHOOL AND WHEN IS CLOSING DATE OF THE SALES OF FORM
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by lively4u: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2007
Pls Jehu,how do i get my admission latter or know if i have been given admission?I applied for admission by buying the noun form and filling the online form,it's 2 months now i have not received any reply from the university.Pls help me.Is there a special website where i can see results or names of those admitted into school this session,thanks
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Jehu: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
Hey Friends, the Admission list is out and quite large too.
The site says it's the first batch.
So, no need to worry if your name isn't there yet.

The site is shown below:

http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/index.htm

All you need do when you see your name is get to a Study-Centre and get registered.

Takea guys and keep on keeping on.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Idagu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2007
Thanks to all ya who is contributing to this issue. wink

I want to find out if courses like psychology exist in NOUN and what the tuition looks like?

Thank you once again.
Dave
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by lively4u: 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2007
Yeeh Jehu,i am really on top of the world,i have been given admission.I am really so excited.I want to give u a huge Jehu.Thanks man for that information u gave me to get started.God bless u.Now however,i want u to help me on making the actual registration.My centre is 018.Where could that be?Also what am i required to bring along for the full registration?Pls Jehu,just give me every detail,i really can't wait.Thanks a million once again.I am so grateful.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by AyodeleT1: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2007
I just want to obtain NOUN form, i lived at Ota, cld u help me out on an information of the closest study center, cos d web-site is not displaying all d information.
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Jehu: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ lovely4u

018 is the code for Lagos Study Center - Federal College of Education (Technical) St. Finbarr's Road, Akoka, Yaba.
Thinks needed for your registration are as follows -

a. 3 copies of submitted NOUN application form
b. 3 copies of NOUN letter of admission
c. e-Payment receipt issued on purchase of NOUN application form
d. Original and three photocopies of your credentials
e. 3 passport- sized photographs

After which your credentials will be screened and your admission ratified. After which you'll be given a Matric No., list of courses and amount to pay.

Takea Guys.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by lekosoo(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
hello fellow users,
i will like to know whether the said form is on,  and the centre where i can purchase the form,  anyone with available information should contact me through my email adrress: olusojipet@yahoo.com,  I really need this information.
thanks

One Love,
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by zionmega(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2007
Well my questions seems like those questions asked many other people on this forum, but you know what the question is that can someone that just complete his/her secondary education go for this so called open university are you too sure that that person is gonna get a good job in this country of ours of great federal, state and even private universities graduate here and there.
And that is there no gonna be criticism that someone didn't attend any of federal, state or private university in Nigeria .
I would just like to be more enlightened on this issues of mine.
10Q's, 20Q's, 30Q's
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by tinulol: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2008
can sombody still apply for the open university?pls tell me
i need to get for my brother.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by DCross(m): 2:29am On Jan 10, 2008
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA ADMISSION LIST IS OUT FINALLY. GO CHECK IT OUT.!!!

07030343337, 08028931961, 08073889330

ADEMOLA.DAVIES@YAHOO.COM

DAVIS
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by DCross(m): 1:25am On Feb 06, 2008
I NEED TO INVEST IN AN INSURANCE COMPANY, AND I NEED A CSCS ACCOUNT. HOW CAN I GET.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YO GUYZ.

DAVIS
ADEMOLA.DAVIES@YAHOO.COM
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by freejide22: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hello, please am trying to find out about this school before i find this site on net, could anyone please tell me how this school operates as in i would like to know is the is any form forsale for 2008 admissions and would also like to know the idea of the school fess per semester for undergraduate students ,

many thanks , Olajide
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by alidumusa: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2008
Hi,JEHU thanks 4 ur kind information.Aim working in abuja hoping 2 take NOUN form next week(2008).Am holding NCE cert.,if i should aply 4 Educational planning and managment or Educational Technology,with my NCE in Arabic and Social Studies,would they give me 200 level(direct entry)?.Tell me about the cost,utenticity.Pls reply to my box wisdomoguche@yahoo.com or 08069597053.
Re: National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. by Joge(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2008
Hey Jahu,
May I know through you if an offered provisional addmission could be used in the next session. I have a friend who was given admission this year but he could not make it through with the school fees but he will like to study in the school,would he need to reapply in the next admission processing or he can make use of the admission offered now.
I could be reached on 07031262179 or mail me on omnijoeself@yahoo.com. Thanks and God bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Ex-Militants Graduate With First Class Degrees In UK Universities / What Is The Meaning Of Year-To-Date (YTD) On Payslips? / BBNaija Vs Educational System In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.