Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? (3055 Views)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Where Can A Broke Guy Have Fun In Lagos This Xmas Period? / What Do Nigerians Do For Recreation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by aribisala0(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
in discussing this topic i woul like people to consider not only themselves but their parents and granparents if possible and all social classes,married and single as well as families.
my theory is that most of our recreational activity,taking people out in nigeria centres on food and drink and we do not engage in other forms of recreation compared to other races/peoples.
typically a naija lad taking a babe out would mean restaurant nightclub or bar ;  peppersoup suya isiewu that sort of thing.
now we have cinemas, bowling,live shows stand up comedy etc and a few other things in lagos abuja etc but how widespread are these sorts of things in the general population not just the elite.
please remember we are talking of ALL age groups and classes
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by aribisala0(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
for those living in the west have you ever gone bunjee jumping,bowling, to a football game,swimming etc with another nigerian?
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
Sadly Nigerians do not know how 2 have fun

An average Nigerian has these in their head

male

1) Money
2) Beer
3) sex
4) More sex
5) even more sex

Women
1) Black berry
2) Brazillian hair
3) Manicure and pedicure and legi-cure
4) Louisvuitton and aba bend down select boutique clothes
5) Nairaland  cool cool
6) How to Gold dig from the next man  grin  grin

Nigerians have never gone camping, wake up in the morning go site seeing, go swimming ( even bar-beach dey hard them go )
They dont like travelling to see other places in the country except its for  business or when they are simply going to see their Boyfriends or sugar daddies in another state

An Average Nigerian in total == RIGID

Thank Gawd im not like that
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by iyatrustee(f): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
190:

Sadly Nigerians do not know how 2 have fun

An average Nigerian has these in their head

male

1) Money
2) Beer
3) sex
4) More sex
5) even more sex

Women
1) Black berry
2) Brazillian hair
3) Manicure and pedicure and legi-cure
4) Louisvuitton and aba bend down select boutique clothes
5) Nairaland cool cool
6) How to Gold dig from the next man grin grin

Nigerians have never gone camping, wake up in the morning go site seeing, go swimming ( even bar-beach dey hard them go )
They dont like travelling to see other places in the country except its for business or when they are simply going to see their Boyfriends or sugar daddies in another state

An Average Nigerian in total == RIGID

Thank Gawd im not like that

you are very right! but then how do you have fun when you have to husttle your way to making money grin grin grin
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
iyatrustee:

you are very right! but then how do you have fun when you have to husttle your way to making money grin grin grin

There is time for everything

Thats why there are holidays, Nigerians do not take walk in the parks

even when there are holidays

They rather gather themselves in a beer parlour eat catfish and drink beer then go home and have sex

and thats it.

How many nigerians know how to go camping or even have picnics
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by alagha: 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
190:

They rather gather themselves in a beer parlour eat catfish and drink beer then go home and have sex

and thats it.

and the truth shall set you free BRODA!, just to add,birthday parties, child dedications,weddings,burials,investitures,clubing ETC. we like shows not pleasures.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 09, 2011
Gosh this is redundant.
All in the name of receiving visa. Smh.

So poster lets have it:

which nationality/ethnicity is "preferred" to help male nigerians have "fun".
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by obowunmi(m): 3:58am On Apr 09, 2011
LoL @ 190
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2011
old hag traced herself to this thread again
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by terimama: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
It is so true that we in this part of d world donno how to catch fun. Fun in d mind of an average nija is sin to his soul n his pocket. Those who even make d effort just go to bars n night clubs.
There was a youth program held in kad wher youth were to draft a manifesto for our candidates for this elections. Various topics were debated upon n issues raised. When it got to discussion about sports n recreation more emphasis was placed on sports. When i tried to talk about creation of relaxation spots, parks, gardens n open spaces in all local govt areas i felt all eyes on me, funny enough i had no seconda. Later a friend asked me if all the bars n hotels weren't enough for recreation. Our mentality!
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by sessy2(f): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ 190 from d way u talk it obvious u r not on planet Nigeria where u can be robbed right inside ur house then u make it easier camping inside one bush armed rubber catch u there they'll do u,do ur wife and use ur children as jara. As for travelling when u do lagos ibadan dat is suppose to be an hour and there r 200 hundred police check points on d road and accidental discharge awaits u on any of d 200 u'll rather go to d nearest beer palour. u may fly thou and attempt to go to Argungun festival boko haram awaits you wouldn't u rather stay in ur house?
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by bonetalk(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
60% of Nigerians are Hustler, that is why it is too difficult 4 people to have fun by going to recretion centre or go camping,
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
the person who gave 190 and many others their visa, you did not do well. undecided
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by omobadan(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
Nigerians know how to have fun! What you lot consider fun and what constitute fun to the average Nigerian might be different. Someone was saying a walk in the park. How many parks do you have in Naija? There aren't many outdoor stuff for Nigerians. So, thaty's why joints are places people frequent a lot. @ Sessy2, abi o!
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
person wen do Old hag nor try at all undecided
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by obowunmi(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ 190, ahn ahn now -- no need to diss people's parents.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^dont worry about it.

he should continue.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
obowunmi:

@ 190, ahn ahn now -- no need to diss people's parents.

But i nor diss person parents now! angry angry

BTW who is old hag sef undecided
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
cowards die many times before their death.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
190:

and thats it.

wow you guyses must be boring then.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by BABE3: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
Nigerians don't know how to have fun?  ehehee, Yawa don gas o! Nigerians are the life of the paRRy. Even white girls that think they're crazy, ain't gat nothing on me/us. Trust me and the girls. cheesy wink

Anyways, Nigerians do have fun, it just depends on what kind of Nigerians you choose to hang out with, or If you yourself are a boring pelzon.  undecided

aribisala0:

for those living in the west have you ever gone bunjee jumping,bowling, to a football game,swimming etc with another nigerian?

Bowling? Football games? swiimming?, pfffttttt, That's what we do every mundane weekend, and are those the activities you consider fun? embarassed  I now know why you think Nigerians are boring, *smh*
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by BABE3: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
And pls @ Nigerians on this thread, emphasizing on the fact that we are boring. .A.K.A 190.
GeT your facts right and stop generalizing. tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Never heard of Nigerian having 'fun fun' most of the ones I know in the States are up tight and dont even go to the
African parties much less mingle with other Nigerians. tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2011
Babe i wanna ask u a question

Apart from going to open eatries to eat cat fish with stout and isi-ewu ( every where )

Going to bar beaches ( Lagos, delta,Port, calabar )

and swimming in pools ( in hotels )

Cinemas ( Lagos and Abuja )

Nite parties ( everywhere )

What other fun do Nigerians indulge in, I have 1st hand experience in these things cos i was once a witness and did all

what i listed out, I tried walking around parks ( Millienium garden ) in abuja but it wasnt my thing and my Nigerians are still clueless on what

Relaxation in parks could be,

Tell me what other fun is out there for Nigerians again,
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by BABE3: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^I see you're still living in your/our village! I thought Inky was supposed to take you to the city. What happened?

Before I answer your question, I have a question for you too. smiley

What do you consider as "FUN"?
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
fun
noun /fən/

Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure
- the children were having fun in the play area
- anyone who turns up can join in the fun

A source of this
- people-watching is great fun

Playful behavior or good humor
- she's full of fun

Behavior or an activity that is intended purely for amusement and should not be interpreted as having serious or malicious purposes
- it was nothing serious; they just enjoyed having some harmless fun

(of a place or event) Providing entertainment or leisure activities for children
- a 33-acre movie-themed fun park
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by aribisala0(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
fery fery vunny grin grin
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by aribisala0(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
i hope we can cover the lives of okada riders and danfo drivers.this is about ALL nigerians ALL ages
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by BABE3: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ 190
**smh*** So basically you consider a walk in the park (lmao) "fun" compared to going to the movies, clubbing, eating out, and going to the beach. I now know the problem. The problem is you. You don't know how to have fun! Go and learn. wink cheesy

By the way, a walk in the park? fun? lol (I can't stop laughing o) So what excatly is amusing about the walk.

--the walk itself?
--or, the trees?
--or the little kids playing around?
--or, the dogs?
--or couples making out?

so tell me, what exactly is amusing you about a walk in the park, *smh**

**singing Beyonce's Upgrade you***

"Papa lemme Upgrade you" wink
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^oh lord, please dont let him go on a rant about white women.

you know he met his first ones less than a year ago.
Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by 190: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^

[size=48pt]Have you seen her?
(Silver Alert!)
[/size]
Name: Tpia Mumu
race: black

Physical Description:5'6, dark complexioned, gray haired wig but other wise bald with a few wisps/ strands and wears correction lenses.
(picture below)

Last seen leaving an Irish pub and believed to be hiding out in various internet cafes in the states.
The senior citizen escaped from "Hope for Cretins" retirement home in the UK
and suffers from post meno-pause like irritability, multiple personality disorder and
OldHag-onitis. She is known to frequent pubs, V0dka and H3nnessey being her favorite drinks.
When intoxicated is known to be aggressive so approach with caution!

Please call 1-8OO-GET-DHAG if you see her! There is a 600 sterlings/ $972 U.S. reward for her capture and return.

if she proves violent [size=48pt]( SHOOT AT SIGHT )[/size] undecided

Re: Do Nigerians Know How To Have Fun? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^hhhhmmmmmm. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Naija Babe Who Almost Died On Her Wedding Day. / CAR TRACKING PLUS INSTALLATION 30K / A Girl In Need Of A Boy Friend Today That Is Her Birthday & How Contact Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.