Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall (25127 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land / Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by kennyify88: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
The Management of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education has confirmed the death of a senior lecturer, simply identified as Mr Echetama, who slumped and died in a lecture hall on Tuesday.

The Acting Public Relations Officer of the college, Mr Joseph Okwulehi, who confirmed the death to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, said the Provost of the college is engrossed in a series of emergency meetings over the issue.

He said the management has advised the staff and students of the institution to be calm and wait for the official position of the institution on the issue.

“I can confirm to you that a senior lecturer slumped in a classroom on Tuesday and was confirmed dead at the Federal Medical Center, Owerri.

NAN reports that Echetama, until his death, was a senior lecturer at the Department of Business Education.

Meanwhile, the development has forced students to keep away from lectures over an emerging rumour that the sudden death of the lecturer was connected to COVID-19.

Students were seen on Wednesday vacating school hostels, while others fled the school premises for the fear of contracting the dreaded virus.

Some of the students who spoke to NAN said they decided to avoid lectures when the rumour emerged that the lecturer died of Coronavirus complication.

A final year student of the institution, Mr Frederick Anyawu, said the development has forced lecturers to suspend lectures.

He said students decided to keep away from the college until the issue is sorted out.

Another student in the department of economics, Mr Okechukwu Eze, said the development has caused skeletal activities in the institution.

NAN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/alvan-ikoku-college-lecturer-slumps-dies-in-lecture-hall/%3famp=1

1 Like

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Elsanchez: 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by beauty7: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
This one that we hear people dying every moment!

What is going on?

Well, me think that in those days,people used to die in the same manner and quantity that we are witnessing these days.

The only difference is that online news was not common for us to be hearing the news of death as we are currently hearing.

The level of bad news does not increase compared to those days.The only thing is that we are now aware of the bad news due to posting of news online.

In fact,in those days, terrible things use to happen which were not well heard of.

I would not forget the women who died in accident and their blood soaked the garri they went to buy for commercial purpose.

I would not forget the turning of people into yam,goats and the appearance of a woman who killed so many people by spitting water from her mouth.

I would not forget the lady who was admitted into the University of Uyo as a student.

She befriend a boy student of the same faculty.

On her graduation, she asked the boy student to follow her to her house.

But to the shock of the boy student, she took him to the river near University of Uyo.

The river rose up and she said to the boy "My home is inside this river. I would be coming to see you some day"

She told the boy student that she was sent to the earth from the river.

Her mission was to study and get a certificate, and she had just completed the mission.

She was with her certificate.

Having said all,she disappeared into the river, with her certificate.

The boy student was so afraid he ran to the pastor and asked to be given the feet of Jesus to touch.

My father was the principal field health supervisor of the University of Uyo and the story was told all over the campus.

There were other fearful and mysterious happenings in those days which if it were to happen now,it would shock the hell out of some people.

But it was not well reported as we have now.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Cpossibility(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
undecided
RIP
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by bluefilm: 1:05am On Feb 18, 2021
COVID why? cry cry cry
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Kekerefunmi: 7:36am On Feb 18, 2021
May he RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by tillaman(m): 7:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Death just dey lurk right left and center even those in saner climes are meeting with the same fate!! May God spare our lives
And We never even reach quarter of the year yet
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by ec0malchemist(m): 7:36am On Feb 18, 2021
hh
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by IYANGBALI: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2021
May his sole Rest In Peace
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by digicreator: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2021
Chao?!!!
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Lalami3232(m): 7:37am On Feb 18, 2021
Na so people dey die before, abi na because of this internet age na make we dey feel say its strange. Laslas, I just confuse jare. But funny enough, those wey suppose die no dey gree die. I hope say Karma never begin collect bribe

2 Likes

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by bigdammyj: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Noted

R.I.P
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by realstars: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2021
May He Find RIP.
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by superior1: 7:39am On Feb 18, 2021
No good health management system in Nigeria

RIP to the dead
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by cbrezy(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2021
shocked see
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by adioolayi(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2021
Many Nigerians are Sick.... Asymptomatic sickness. God help us all
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Felabrity: 7:40am On Feb 18, 2021
Corona?
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Edusouls(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2021
Covid could cause such death, due to depleted oxygen level in the blood leading to sudden collapse and death, but mainly its heart failure, so you don’t know until investigation is complete.
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Alejobs: 7:40am On Feb 18, 2021
shocked
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Sultty(m): 7:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by gbemishile: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2021
alvan ikoku na where I do ppa that year miss those old days.
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by gambia(m): 7:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Its well
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Richy4(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2021
CPR will soon be a thing of the past because of fear of Covid-19. Maybe assuming that was done immediately by the students , he may have had a chance of survival...RIP Sir
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by sammirano: 7:42am On Feb 18, 2021
So covid wil just kill without severe symthoms. Well, its a college of education. So the students are allowed to have a thinking ceiling
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by illicit(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Maybe he shd have retired now....
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by sassiemyk: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2021
That is not covid. Can never be covid. In fact IT IS NOT covid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Tvoice: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by TitanzStudio(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2021
out of wordz
Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by Icyexpressions: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Rip, that's all I have got to say! Aren't we all going to die?

1 Like

Re: Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall by ipobarethieves: 7:47am On Feb 18, 2021
sad Overworked, overstressed, medical /health issue NOT CORO undecided sad. The lazy lecturers should go back to class sad sad or the govt too should tell dem dat their salary is infested with Coro too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / Dangote University Kano Develops Robot To Support Staff Domestic Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.