Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,599 members, 7,770,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN (63569 Views)

Ikonso: Nnamdi Kanu And The End Of ESN / Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN / Soldiers And Members Of ESN Clash In Orlu, Imo State - FFK Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by myright: 9:00am On Feb 18, 2021
Tension As Nigerian Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN

Military fighter jets believed to be deployed by the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Air Force are conducting aerial strikes in Orlu communities in Imo State, which has worsened the already built-up tension in the areas.

SaharaReporters learnt that the airstrikes started on Thursday noon, and are connected with the military’s resolve to dislodge the Eastern Security Network operatives said to have strongholds in the forests.

The ESN operatives in January had a bloody clash with the Nigerian Army from Obinze barracks, where four soldiers were reportedly killed.

A video of the aerial bombardments on Thursday surfaced with fresh tension and anxiety building in the communities.

“Nigerian soldiers are currently conducting aerial strikes in our areas. Many innocent lives may be lost. They are probably looking for ESN operatives who are checking the activities of killer Fulani herdsmen,” a community head told SaharaReporters.

“People’s homes and market places may be affected. We don’t need aircraft in Orlu. They should go and find the stolen school pupils in Niger State,”
another angry resident said.

“I have the video. There was an aircraft firing shots possibly in a nearby bush. Very reckless of the airforce; civilians are all over the place,” another person said.

SaharaReporters last December reported that the Nigerian Army deployed combat helicopters, gun trucks, and soldiers to search some suspected forests in the South-East states where the ESN, launched by Nnamdi Kanu, was said to be camping.

SaharaReporters also reported that the military search had been going on for days, and had no time frame, as the army was acting on “orders from above.”

A video, from the drones and hidden cameras believed to be installed by the ESN, had captured the Nigerian Army helicopters and their vehicles and soldiers searching for the camp of the ESN for possible arrests.

Kanu, leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, on December 12, launched the ESN, saying the regional security outfit, just like Amotekun in the South-West, would help to tackle crimes and criminalities.

“The Nigerian Army that is supposed to fight Boko Haram was seen everywhere searching for the camp of Eastern Security Network team. But they forgot they are dealing with sophisticated men. There are cameras and drones everywhere watching them,” an official had said.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/18/tension-nigerian-military-conducts-air-strikes-orlu-search-esn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGAgSvhgaA

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by AbijaJ: 9:12am On Feb 18, 2021
This better be fake news. What's going on there to warrant such extreme escalation? Orlu is a relatively big town, not just some village. Why would the FG be bombarding there??

299 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Brimstone77: 9:12am On Feb 18, 2021
I just shared the link here...
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2021
Yep....! Already watched the cowards Janjaweeed combing every hole and forest looking for our amiable ESN.

Make una go bring back our Kagara boys o!!

Terrorists everywhere....no genuine intention to route them out for justice but na to dey disturb our Biafraland upandan.

Amadioha sample una all zoo Army

468 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by UpperLashes(f): 9:23am On Feb 18, 2021
Are you sure about this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by iSlayer: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2021

7 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by iSlayer: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2021
Lalasticlala.
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by myright: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2021
comments

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Omuaro38: 9:30am On Feb 18, 2021
Yup Orlu is back on their radar again, just spoke to a friend there who confirmed it. Apparently after incurring heavy losses after series of unsuccessful ground operations by the Nigerian army to rid of the ESN operatives, they are now desperate and have taken their terror to air.

172 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Beremx(f): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2021
Orlu is densely populated. The Nigerian Army should leave my people alone and go face Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen

388 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by CSTRR: 9:50am On Feb 18, 2021
In all these, I blame the Eastern governors.

They refused to create a legitimate security force and allowed the brute Nigerian army to make a mincemeat of their people.

Even now, they are still not creating alternatives.
Terrible, terrible governance.

The worst I have seen in this country.

320 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Notasyouthink: 10:49am On Feb 18, 2021
Beremx:
Orlu is densely populated. The Nigerian Army should leave my people alone and go face Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen
They're simply looking for young girls to abduct.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by hammerDK: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2021
Beremx:

U see wat Okorocha supporters brought to Orlu and Imo State.

They are no longer raping and killing girls on the spot, they are abducting them to the North.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2021
Watch as Afonjas will start justifying this. They always think one-dimensional until it happens to them.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Mightyhaiz: 11:02am On Feb 18, 2021
Beremx:
Should? U dont know where the 'amiable general' u campaigned vigorously for is?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by obyrich(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
Mightyhaiz:
Should? U dont know where the 'amiable general' u campaigned vigorously for is?

I remember vividly how some people threw caution to the wind to campaign and foist this man on Nigerians. Rochas is one of those. Rochas insulted the Igbo nation because of Buhari. Today he is reaping the fruit of his labour. Nemesis or reward for a job welldone.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by careytommy37(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
You lie down with dogs and act shocked when you get fleas. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by sweetonugbu: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2021
And kankara boys are yet to be rescued

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Fahdiga(m): 11:25am On Feb 18, 2021
The zoo army will soon meet their Waterloo

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by kettykin: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2021
But why use air warfare in Orlu for heaven's sake , this is a sign of ineptitude and gross incompetence on the side of the military , why not send soldiers to flush ESN out why use aerial bombardments and kill more innocent people

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Factshunter: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/Coal_City/status/1362323456092733443?s=19

Like I once said, the moment the gov is ready to crush the so called Odeshi ESN they will do so using the air.

This is between the gov and illegal security outfit.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Notasyouthink: 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Factshunter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Coal_City/status/1362323456092733443?s=19

Like I once said, the moment the gov is ready to crush the so called Odeshi ESN they will do so using the air.

This is between the gov and illegal security outfit.
Terrorist sympathizer, the table will soon be turned and I will call you out to come and defend the junk you posted.

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Factshunter: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Terrorist sympathizer, the table will soon be turned and I will call you out to come and defend the junk you posted.

The junk I posted? Mr, go to Twitter and stop wailing on my moniker. I only posted the link to the said news so, how is that my problem or anybody's fault? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by aryzgreat: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thunder fire them!

So ESN securing our farmers from terrorist herdsmen deserves to be bombed, while "bandits" kidnapping school Boys in the North deserve negotiation and ransom settlement.

Buhari thunder from Afghanistan fire you!

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by amazingspiderma: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
Where your heart is that is where your treasure is....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Macphenson: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Bastard Buhari. He will not send aeriel bombardment to places under Boko Haram and bandits firm grip, but will send it where people decided to defend their terrirory.

God punish all the idiots that foisted this calamity of a president on Nigeria,especially that vulture BBQGRILLS

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by GallantDuke(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Looking for ESN while herdsmen are currently with the school boys they kidnapped.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Kwem(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
ESN will be victorious at last
Jah got their back cool cool

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Dagah2: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
There is always a reason why there is the "NO SMOKING" warning in petrol stations.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by FalseProphet1(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
I see the army being overrun by angry southern Nigerians, I see southern Nigeria breaking off as an independent country. This I have seen.

137 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

With Buhari Absent From Frontline, Governors Exercise Presidential Powers - PT / The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) / Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.