Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? (757 Views)

Why The New 100 Note Has Anyone Thought About It. / Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral / 'Dead' Boy Sits-up, Asks For Water At Own Funeral, Dies Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by dealordea(m): 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
As morbid as this sounds, every now and then I wonder what will people say about me when I'm gone, what kind of flowers will my wife have there, what clothes will she decide to bury me in and what will he write in my obit.Seriously, Am not wishing quick death parole but let's be honest, Has anyone else wondered about this? After I started thinking about it I think I am going to write my own obit, pick out my tombstone because I don't want something tacky, write a list of acceptable flowers, etc.

Just a thought,

I guess I have this overwhelming feeling that if I die before some people will do some stupid stuff, God bless them. Like having good amala and good efo with it at the wake, you know, people stuff.

I need to write down my wishes, No white trash food.

No carnations.

No pictures in obit of me at 21.

No etched photo of me on the tombstone.

Just thinking,
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by Phate07(m): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by iice(f): 3:12am On Apr 11, 2011
I've already said i want to be cremated, my ashes blown into the aurora borealis.
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 11, 2011
^^ Coincidentally, seeing the aurora borealis up close and personal is on my bucket list. smiley
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by iice(f): 3:59am On Apr 11, 2011
^^Me too. But if i don't make it alive, atleast i get to ride in one, dead grin
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by alagha: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2011
above all i wish to be taken care of in the grave with amala.
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
yes I have. I want to be preserved
and have a see through casket with Bugle's
'Set Me Free' lyrics engraved on the top in gold cursive font.
I want the inside of my casket to be white, cream with gold trimming.

I want Roses to the left and right of me, to be replaced
monthly (they should be waxed) on my left side I want them to be
red, white, and blue. On my right side, I want Black, Green, and Gold.
I want the pictures of my mother and father to be placed
in the middle of those flowers. My mom on the right and my father
on the left. (SHOULD I DIE BEFORE MY MOTHER THAT IS A MUST!!!!)
I'd also like picture of me from birth until my death to be placed around.

My husband and children (should i live to have them) can put theirs in
so long as they were not the cause of my death angry angry

Lastly I want to be dressed in ALL black. (a body suit) tight fitting,
I want a gold Rope Chain around my neck, gold rings on my finger grin,
and my hair (REAL HAIR) to be in a pony tail and curled (Like the murdered
singer Selena's cry cry) and my nails to be french manicured. (again, like Selena's! cheesy)

[glad i have insurance grin grin]

IT SOUNDS LIKE ALOT but it has been done before by a white guy it was soooo
amazing how he basically used his death to create a museum if you will of his tomb.
Anybody can visit his. He looks like he is just taking a nap and you can see how his life
was and what kind of person he was like because its all there. It really inspired me.
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by InkedNerd(f): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^  
Damn you really thought about this shocked

Lmao, some of the smilie faces and some of the things you wrote are crackin' me up grin
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by jjgirljay(f): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2011
Hm *sights* this is a tough one,have always tot abt if I die how my mum or my boyfriend will react but honestly not my funeral. Will give it a tot and share it soon
Re: Has Anyone Thought About Their Funeral? by Tosinville(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
For those of u who think of death at your tender age then be prepared cos death will definately knock at your door asap, ur mamaz gon' cry & ur spirits in the sky and i'll be in your burial ceremony consoling your family while having semo & vegetable soup as well.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Question / I Am New Here. I Need Good Advice Pls / Islam, Probity And Accountability: Sanusi Lamido 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.