Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

"Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh (741 Views)

FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / Come Out To Protest On June 12 If You Think You Can—Nigerian Soldier Threatens / My Peter Obi: My 2 Sons Don't Have A Car, They Don't Have Money To Buy One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by ebukajay184: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nigerian journalist, Sammy Desh has taken to his Twitter handle to condemn the way Nigerians treat poor people in the country, IgbereTV reports.

Sharing an experience he had at a bank, he wrote;

"Many Nigerians don't respect you until they think you have money. Was at the bank to complain about a 15k POS dispute, & the customer rep spoke to me like i was there to beg until she also saw my Dom account.

We need to do better as a people cos everyone deserves respect."
https://twitter.com/Deshysmalls/status/1362308792554303489?s=20

https://igberetvnews.com/1382926/nigerians-dont-respect-think-money-sammy-desh/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Anigreat: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
shocked

Respect is not all about money, if it centres on money, you wont see people heaping insults and all kinds of abusive words on most public figures here especially the greatest failure of all time JUBRIL ALSUDANI, president of Federal republic of zoo.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by festacman(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
True situation not only in Nigeria but all over the world.

Money talks, bullsh*t dances.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by showafrica(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
Exactly, thats why guys either make it or die trying. Nigeria is designed for the few rich and the poor to serve them. Therefore any attempt to join the rich is usually banned unless you found your way somehow elsewhere. Very useless dream killer country.
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Righteousness2(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
It's people Bereft of Wisdom and Understanding that do that.

The Man/Woman I respect is one that Carries the Presence of GOD.
If I see the Presence of GOD in you, you Have my Respect..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by tillaman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
angry
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by osamz007: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

PAPA

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Mokason288(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

Even the Bible acknowledges the fact that money brings respect

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by superior1: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
You sha want us to know you have a lot of money in your dorm account so we can be respecting you?
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by RoyaltyQueen(f): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
money answers all things.
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Fahdiga(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
They won't even care how you made the money

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by IfIPerishIPeris: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

You made no sense ! You only displayed a lack of proper understanding of the HolyBible.
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Mokason288(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
IfIPerishIPeris:

You made no sense ! You only displayed a lack of proper understanding of the HolyBible
You are fooooooolish

What other understanding do you need

When it’s in black and white

For you to read and comprehend?
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Righteousness2(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Just like I said, when you are Bereft of wisdom and understanding, you see money as a god.
Money is Mere Paper that you give value to.

With Money you can buy a House but not a Home

With Money you can buy a Bed but not Sleep.

With Money you can get good Food but not Good Health.

With Money you can buy a Clock but not Time.

With Money you can get an Insurance but not Safety.

You can't get Eternal life with Money.

The Greatest is the Presence of GOD
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Mokason288(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

Just like I said, when you are Bereft of wisdom and understanding, you see money as a god.
Money is Mere Paper that you give value to.

With Money you can buy a House but not a Home

With Money you can buy a Bed but not Sleep.

With Money you can get good Food but not Good Health.

With Money you can buy a Clock but not Time.

With Money you can get an Insurance but not Safety.

You can't get Eternal life with Money.

The Greatest is the Presence of GOD
With money you earn respect

Oga that is what we are saying

The Bible says even your Neighbor hates a poor man

PROVERS 14:20

KJV ...The poor man is hated even by his neighbor,but many are those who love the rich
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Righteousness2(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mokason288:

With money you earn respect

Oga that is what we are saying

The Bible says even your Neighbor hates a poor man

PROVERS 14:20

KJV ...The poor man is hated even by his neighbor,but many are those who love the rich

U Carnally quote what u don't know nor understand..

Pursue GOD! Not Material things.
Life is a Gift From GOD
You don't Struggle for a Gift.
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Mokason288(m): 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

U Carnally quote what u don't know nor understand..

Pursue GOD! Not Material things.
Life is a Gift From GOD
You don't Struggle for a Gift.

Pursue God and not material things

Yet your pastor is richer than the richest men in the world

You obviously don’t know what you’re struggling for since you can’t back it up with Bible verses

Like I did
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Righteousness2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mokason288:

Pursue God and not material things

Yet your pastor is richer than the richest men in the world

You obviously don’t know what you’re struggling for since you can’t back it up with Bible verses

Like I did
Leave Pastor and pursue GOD for your own Soul.
Pastor will go alone
You will go alone.

Pursue what is Important else u end up in Had I know.
Work out your Salvation..
Re: "Nigerians Don't Respect You Until They Think You Have Money" - Sammy Desh by Mokason288(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

Leave Pastor and pursue GOD for your own Soul.
Pastor will go alone
You will go alone.

Pursue what is Important else u end up in Had I know.
Work out your Salvation..
Back it up with a Bible verse

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Kemi Blows Hot, Reveals Why Aisha Buhari Left Her Position As First Lady / BREAKING: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Receives COVID-19 Vaccine / FINALLY; Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Releases Statement On Herder-farmer Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.