Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,330 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Igbos And The Business Gene - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos And The Business Gene (249 Views)

Was The US Army Handbook Right About Yorubas, Igbos, And Hausas In 1964? / Bad Blood Between Igbos And Ijaws In The Nigerdelta. / Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbos And The Business Gene by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
What is it about Igbos and buying and selling?

The strange thing is that out of all my siblings,I'm the only one that has no "trading gene".

I couldn't sell anything.

My brothers and sisters all sold things right from boarding school and by college,the boys were richer than their peers

They were barbers,photographers,selling anything from shirts to shoes to transporting livestock in pick up vans for slaughter on weekends and during the long strikes.

I had absolutely no interest in it.

Maybe I was switched at birth.

Both of my parents had regular jobs and are college educated but always bought and sold everything from bags of cement to bags of Beans grin

share your own experience.
#copied#
Re: Igbos And The Business Gene by pascalbenz: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Igbos And The Business Gene by Freestainworld(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
That is the core spirit of an Igbo man for you.

(1) (Reply)

Nwuche Congratulates Wike On Chieftaincy Installation / Man And A Shadow Of Himself / Mom And Kids Special Kids On This Xmas 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.