Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD (2270 Views)

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control / Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate / Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
In an interview with Nigeria info 99.3, with Sandra, Abayomi Omomuwasan, managing director of Lekki Concession Company (LCC) said he does not know how much revenue generated and can not project how much lost to #Endsars closure.

Today at 3pm on #NigeriaInfoHF, Sandra Ezekwesili will be talking to Yomi Omomuwasan, MD of the Lekki Concession Company about reopening the tollgates.

'We don't know how much we make per month' - MD, Lekki Concession Company, Yomi Omomuwasan tells @SEzekwesili on Hard Facts.

#LetsTalk!

https://twitter.com/NigeriainfoFM/status/1362424779786096643

You can watch on youtube and Facebook and you can listen live here:

https://www.facebook.com/219647158097067/posts/3894590067269406/

UPDATED

The Managing Director of the Lekki Concession Company, Yomi Omomuwasan, says he does not know how much is made at the Lekki Toll Gate monthly.

The LCC is the operators of the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge and the Admiralty Circle Plaza along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

Speaking on Nigeria Info 99.3 on Thursday, Omomuwasan said it will take up to four months to finish repair works at the Lekki toll gate which was burnt last October in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests against police brutality.

Many protesters reportedly died while some were injured when soldiers allegedly opened fire on youths on October 20, 2020 at the Lekki toll gate which was a major demonstration ground during the protest.

The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry had handed over the tollgate back to LCC. But youths under the #OccupyLekki campaign had last Saturday kicked against the planned reopening of the toll gate, insisting that justice be served to the victims of the October 20 incident.

However, the LCC MD insisted that the company was the major victim of the protest because its facilities were destroyed during the riot.

“We’ve always say that we are not part of the problem, we are not part of the #EndSARS issue, we are just a company, operating and working on its own and all of a sudden, you find out one day that you have been forced out of your location. And if the place has been cleared, for us, it means we can go back to our normal life,” he said.

When asked of how much the LCC made per month before last October, the official said, “We don’t have a figure to that. We don’t know.”

Speaking on the company’s comeback plan, Omomuwasan said, “First, we will estimate and evaluate the asset that is burnt down, once we put figure to it, we will approach the insurance company to a claim. We will then go on to do e-tolling procurements, conduct civil works, engage the restoration of the cablings. That will take the next four months for us to get to that point. It takes an average of six months to one year to build a tolling system anywhere in the world.”

https://punchng.com/we-dont-know-how-much-is-made-per-month-at-lekki-tollgate-lcc-md/

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
If the so-called director of a company doesn't know how much his organization generates when functional or loses when dysfunctional, I believe it's clear to all and sundry what the obvious is.

I expect the slaves and foot soldiers of Bola Ahmed Tinubu to flood where with all kind of diversionary antics to discredit the truth

They do not want the fares regulated and want to reserve the right to increase it at will

They do not want to declare the tenure of when it will end, what has been paid, where the monies were paid to, the balance left so the toll gate will be there for life, and they can hike the rates as they please

Because of the humongous sum it generates mark it down, they would split Lagos into two so they can have the right to say it's not an intra city toll gate.... So it serves as a boundary between Lagos Mainland and What they will call Lagos Phase 2,Eko Akete Phase 2 Project just to keep their blood filled gates in place.

Of course any sensible person would understand the toll even rates humongous sum so they can do anything, I mean absolutely anything to keep it in place. That's why 20.10.20 went down.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by IbnBattuta1960: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Omooba77:
This is insulting to the sensibilities of Lagosians. Very insulting.
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lalasticlala come and hear a Fellow of ICAN, not sure of revenue generated.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by CodeTemplar: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lol. . . you want Tinubu to make a phone call to Oluomo right?
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

This is insulting to the sensibilities of Lagosians. Very insulting.

I was listening in the car going home with my wife, my wife said the man knows what he is doing. He is only covering up for the gods of Lagos grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:

The fear of God is not in these people, reason they killed innocent peaceful protesters.....

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
Seun is here too cool
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by nony43(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
B
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by VaselineCrew: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
and as I keep saying, majority of that road doesn’t even have LANE MARKINGS.

just zig zag and chaotic driving

What percentage of road from first toll gate to second has lane markings? Ordinary white line that you can probably do with 5-10 million naira

Let’s not even talk about street lighting.

My own is, where does all the money go? I don’t think people would even have been complaining if they made the road close to perfect, with ultra bright street lights (those ones that make night look like afternoon) and new lane markings every other year to keep them visible.

But as always, they just let stuff decay and only do the minimum, like patching potholes, but the money collection, that one will never decay.

That road could have been the best road in Africa, with 112 squad cars ready to enforce law and order, thereby even generating more revenue for the road. Proper lanes and lane enforcement, to be an example to Lagosian drivers and even all Nigerian drivers of what law and order could be as pertains to driving.

They just let everything decay.

Danfo would never use the bus stops created for them and would rather stop on the road, yet ZERO enforcement from police.

Then you have those guys collecting money from buses and banging their cars with sticks, real third world like, smh

Where does the money go?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Let's ask a question.... Some of the stories said the monies goes into Road maintenance.... I personally know the road like the back of my hand.. From the ikoyi axis.... Law school axis down till Epe, and I beg the question, what major repair or maintenance works has been done in the past 10 years..... It's a road I take daily for over 15 years and can tell it's history. Please o, BAT stoogess kindly inform us where bulk blooms are channeled towards maintenance and repair works over the past ten years...

Start from

Nigerian law school
Chisco
Lekki round about
Lekki Main gate
Second gate
Elf
Ilasan
Marwa
New Road
Sanfield
Igbo Efon
Chevron
Jakande
Ikate
Ajah
Complex
VGC
Mega Chicken
Ilaje
Ikota second gate
Ikota first gate
Ikota bridge
Ikota school
Eleganza
Tipper Garage
Elegushi
Jakande Round about
Jakande gate
Abraham Adesanya
Sangotedo
Abijo
Abijo GRA
Awoyaya
Bogije
Lakowe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
He is a figurehead.
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Joysticks:
He is a figurehead.

The more reason he's to be able to provide accurate accountability details. The commissioners of finance for Lagos all over the years have said the same thing. Today, they said it's a privately run company, privately run company collecting public funds without the sense of responsibility to provide details of how public funds are used.

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by IbnBattuta1960: 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Omooba77:

I was listening in the car going home with my wife, my wife said the man knows what he is doing. He is only covering up for the gods of Lagos grin grin
Boy oh boy!
These are the atrocities against the state showing up or begging the people to react.
They claim to have lost billions between Oct and now.
Therefore, have the trillions collected since inception not enough to free logasians from that toll bondage?
The MD's answer was saying we can all go to hellll.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by EKONGKING: 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thats why the country is called Sh@thole .Following this country news is pure comedy .

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

Boy oh boy!
These are the atrocities against the state showing up or begging the people to react.
They claim to have lost billions between Oct and now.
Therefore, have the trillions collected since inception not enough to free logasians from that toll bondage?
The MD's answer was saying we can all go to hellll.

It is purely milking toll gate...
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Tochi3(m): 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Lol. grin grin
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by 9jatriot(m): 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
When them interview una for radio station make una tell them una salary but for this MD make una leave am alone.
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44

Seun himself was here silently reading for up to an hour. It's their people. They play the tribal card. He'll never allow this to reach front page. Never.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
BusinessCity:

Seun himself was here silently reading for up to an hour. It's their people. They play the tribal card. He'll never allow this to reach front page. Never.

There is nothing about tribal here!

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
9jatriot:
When them interview una for radio station make una tell them una salary but for this MD make una leave am alone.
Come see how this man de deny figures, but he was sure of N2.5bn estimate for repair.
May be the man forgot, ALL the cameras were removed before the shooting on 20.10.2020 for safe keeping. Nigeria elites are the major problem. Steal the future, forgetting we will ALL die empty and inside 6 feet by 6 feet ( Muslim is 6 by 2)....

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
BusinessCity:
Let's ask a question.... Some of the stories said the monies goes into Road maintenance.... I personally know the road like the back of my hand.. From the ikoyi axis.... Law school axis down till Epe, and I beg the question, what major repair or maintenance works has been done in the past 10 years..... It's a road I take daily for over 15 years and can tell it's history. Please o, BAT stoogess kindly inform us where bulk blooms are channeled towards maintenance and repair works over the past ten years...

Start from

Nigerian law school
Chisco
Lekki round about
Lekki Main gate
Second gate
Elf
Ilasan
Marwa
New Road
Sanfield
Igbo Efon
Chevron
Jakande
Ikate
Ajah
Complex
VGC
Mega Chicken
Ilaje
Ikota second gate
Ikota first gate
Ikota bridge
Ikota school
Eleganza
Tipper Garage
Elegushi
Jakande Round about
Jakande gate
Abraham Adesanya
Sangotedo
Abijo
Abijo GRA
Awoyaya
Bogije
Lakowe

Potholes everywhere, just before Law School bus stop, the road is undulating. If you dont hold the steering very well, you can loose balance. Same with 1004 area inward Lekki . I passed the place today. The only good thing was Ambode removing Circular round abouts which I complained about bad design, to give way to alternate points.

The Oniru backyard which is supposed to be alternative to Lekki Toll gates is not motorable full of potholes, especially around Landmark event center down to Petro Cam junction....
Our leaders are exceptionally wicked; the plan is to put 6 of such toll gates to Epe.
Lets we forget that sometimes in 2013, Fashola said Lagos state has fully paid the concession fees to LCC. Baba
Jakande died, but we have his memorials all around us....

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 6:04am On Feb 19, 2021
Omooba77:

There is nothing about tribal here!

You don't know Seun well enough. I know yours, but as for Seun, you don't know him enough.. Down the line you'll know him and what his cohorts stand for
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Racoon(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2021
How will he know when everything about the state is shrouded in mystery.A government that doesn't believe in the freedom of information act(FOI)?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2021
Racoon:
How will he know when everything about the state is shrouded in mystery.A government that doesn't believe in the freedom of information act(FOI)?
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by sommy03(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2021
And you're clamouring for it's reopening...

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by Omooba77: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2021
BusinessCity:

You don't know Seun well enough. I know yours, but as for Seun, you don't know him enough.. Down the line you'll know him and what his cohorts stand for

How do I know him?
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by yemmight(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2021
He wont know of course when somebody somewhere demand any amount he wants from the toll daily.
Re: We Don’t Know How Much Is Made Per Month At Lekki Tollgate —LCC MD by BusinessCity: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2021
sommy03:
And you're clamouring for it's reopening...

Abi..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Storm Apumiri Police Station In Abia, Set Facility Ablaze (pic) / ESN not after Security Agents. -Nnamdi Kanu / ‘tinubu Fled To London In Ambulance, Presidential Ambition Dead On Arrival Sowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.