Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV (1171 Views)

Fresh Human Head Lying Along The Road In Orlu Imo State (Disturbing Photos) / Police Arrest Native Doctor Who Prepares Charms For IPOB/ESN In Imo / 30 Arrested As Army Continues Search For Missing General In Jos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by VEXT: 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
At least nine pastors and 24 church elders have been arrested by soldiers in search of the camps of the personnel of Eastern Security Network (ESN) owned by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in some parts of Orlu Senatorial District.

IGBERE TV gathered that the church leaders, were arrested following the raids that started in January in Orlu communities, especially Njaba, Orsu and Oru East council areas.

While peace seemed to have been restored early February, the military in conjunction with the Intelligence Response Team of the police, stormed the areas last weekend.

Some of those arrested were Presiding Priest of Our Lord’s Sabbath in Umunam Atta Community, Njaba LGA, Rev. Chigozie Nwaka as well as a number of other clerics and church elders in Ubokoro Atta, Okporo, Okwudor.

It was gathered before the latest raid, soldiers invaded some churches, including House of Prayer International Covenant Church Okporo Orlu and arrested over 20 members of the church, including clerics.

However, spokesman of the Imo Police Command, Orlando Ikeokwu said he was not aware of the arrest and detention of any church member in connection with the Orlu crisis.

But the ongoing military operation in search of the camps of the personnel of the ESN has created panic in Orlu, Njaba and Orsu Local Government Areas.

Our correspondent learnt there has been heavy presence of the military in the communities since last Friday.

Army spokesperson of the 34 artillery Brigade, Obinze, Owerri, Babatunde Zubairu, who confirmed the operation, said the locals were not being harassed.

He confirmed the deployment of helicopters and other military gadgets in the operations, adding the operation was an offshoot of military intelligence.

An indigene of Umunam Atta Community in Njaba council area, Andrew Ibe, said: “The truth of the matter is that the soldiers are not beating anyone.

“But our concern here is that there may be shooting any moment since their helicopter is hovering over our houses.

“Again, they arrested one of our respected indigenes, who is a priest in the Sabbath Church here. Since Saturday, when he was arrested, nobody has told us why that is so”.

An indigene of Uda Orsuihiteukwa in the Orsu LGA told our correspondent that though no indigene was shot by the military the operation was causing serious panic in the area.

He said “Situation now calm in Udah, Orsuihiteukwa. Military helicopters have left my area a while ago after the surveilance mission. All security Hilux vans have left Udah community for their respective bases.

“Civilians were not in any way harassed in the exercise. No casualties. The invasion may have been warranted by intelligence reports.

“The leaders and office bearers from Orlu zone should address this security instability in our zone now. This is not healthy for the progress and advancement of the biggest Senatorial Zone in Nigeria.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4390520727643114&id=192893700739192

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RedPanthar: 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
Continue deceiving yourselves. Once it's killing the people of the SE which I'm not from, you'll have strength and might... When it's Bokoharam, they'll be all sorts of excuses.

My prayer is may the eyes of those One Nigeria Merchants be opened. " Ephthaptha "

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

What kind of rubbish is this? They have not arrest Mayatti Allah it's pastors they will arrest. Buhari derelict, nepotism and tyrant rulling is becoming obvious and appaling as the day go.

If airstrike can fly over orlu please what is stopping them from doing the same in sambisa forest,?

Seriously Buhari is terrible!!

5 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
I taught they said army dont have the right to arrest

Am confuse somehow

3 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by donbachi(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
How many imams dem don ever arrest in the north..as a result of the insecurity there?

5 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by chatinent: 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nigeria is a joke.

5 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Smileall(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Misplaced priority
BokoHaram has been in existence for over ten years committing all forms of crimes but the so called military might can't be unleashed on them, and now the menace is fast spreading like wildfire to other parts of the country yet we keep deceiving ourselves
Yesterday, I heard that APC senators from niger authoritatively and unequivocally declared this administration as grossly incompetent

3 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Freestainworld(m): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
they are cowards, go into the forest and fight ESN

3 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourselves. Once it's killing the people of the SE which I'm not from, you'll have strength and might... When it's Bokoharam, they'll be all sorts of excuses.

My prayer is may the eyes of those One Nigeria Merchants be opened. " Ephthaptha "

Nigeria na our own, make we join hands to make Nigeria greater.

1 Like

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RedPanthar: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
dat9jaguy:

Nigeria na our own, make we join hands to make Nigeria greater.

I'm not interested. I'm not igbo but the mistreatment is annoying and nonsensical

4 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by realstars: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
The Fulani In Army Uniform And The One With Cow Uniforms Are The Ones Terrorizin Our Zone.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:

I'm not interested. I'm not igbo but the mistreatment is annoying and nonsensical

Biko, no vex. Slowly but surely we would build a nation of our dreams.
Yes there are a lot of provocations but dividing this great nation is not an option.

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Taba21: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

What kind of rubbish is this? They have not arrest Mayatti Allah it's pastors they will arrest. Buhari derelict, nepotism and tyrant rulling is becoming obvious and appaling as the day go.

If airstrike can fly over orlu please what is stopping them from doing the same in sambisa forest,?

Seriously Buhari is terrible!!

Stop calling Buhari, for foolishness of cursed people
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Taba21: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
donbachi:
How many imams dem don ever arrest in the north..as a result of the insecurity there?

How many imam, you've witnessed with private jets
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Taba21: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
Freestainworld:
they are cowards, go into the forest and fight ESN

What is ESN
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RedPanthar: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
dat9jaguy:

Biko, no vex. Slowly but surely we would build a nation of our dreams.
Yes there are a lot of provocations but dividing this great nation is not an option.

A referendum is on its way. Lots of us don't want this nation as it is. It's not by force

2 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RRodwave(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
donbachi:

I wonder oo

2 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:

A referendum is on its way. Lots of us don't want this nation as it is. It's not by force

Referendum under which law. Let's not kid ourselves no nation is breaking out of Nigeria.
We will work on our problems and find solutions to them.
See South Sudan that were saying Sudan was their problem, they've not had peace since their breakaway,so breaking away is not the solution.
It's still the same people with the same mentality that will still rule these new nations and then people like you will still want another nation carved out of that one.
Think and don't just follow the bandwagon.
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RedPanthar: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
dat9jaguy:

Referendum under which law. Let's not kid ourselves no nation is breaking out of Nigeria.
We will work on our problems and find solutions to them.
See South Sudan that were saying Sudan was their problem, they've not had peace since their breakaway,so breaking away is not the solution.
It's still the same people with the same mentality that will still rule these new nations and then people like you will still want another nation carved out of that one.
Think and don't just follow the bandwagon.

. Guilt tripping you may think I don't know the international laws or that every social media user is a kid with shallow understanding. It's you who needs to go do your studies. There are over three legal grounds for referendum to be sought currently

1. UN treaty grants every region the right to self determination Go and dig deep

2. The treaty putting Nigeria together suggests if after 100 years there's no cohesion there's freedom to repel the national identity of the nation

3. That after the civil war, and that any country that experiences civil war like ours, after 50 years can peaceably seek for referendum

Go and do your digging. God forbid the nation in its nepotistical and hypocritical stance get transfered to our kids. God forbid it.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:

. Guilt tripping you may think I don't know the international laws or that every social media user is a kid with shallow understanding. It's you who needs to go do your studies. There are over three legal grounds for referendum to be sought currently

1. UN treaty grants every region the right to self determination Go and dig deep

2. The treaty putting Nigeria together suggests if after 100 years there's no cohesion there's freedom to repel the national identity of the nation

3. That after the civil war, and that any country that experiences civil war like ours, after 50 years can peaceably seek for referendum

Go and do your digging. God forbid the nation in its nepotistical and hypocritical stance get transfered to our kids. God forbid it.

Don't just tell me, show me links or documents to back your 3 points.
Failure to do that shows you just listen to beer palour jist then start forming informed analyst.

Make UN come conduct referendum for Biafra now, what's holding them?
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by RedPanthar: 10:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
dat9jaguy:

Don't just tell me, show me links or documents to back your 3 points.
Failure to do that shows you just listen to beer palour jist then start forming informed analyst.

Make UN come conduct referendum for Biafra now, what's holding them?

Unfortunately it's your duty to get yourself schooled

Good day

2 Likes

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:

Good day

And he runs away

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by dat9jaguy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
RedPanthar:

Good day

Word of advice :Stop listening to Nnamdi Kanu, he will lead you astray.

Na wah o, Nnamdi Kanu followers are very shallow thinkers and them go dey form intellectual.

Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by mytime24(f): 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
While up north

Government is negotiating wit terrorist

Sorry i mean bandits
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
May peace be restored
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by nedekid: 12:44am On Feb 19, 2021
RedPanthar:

He ought to pay for this enlightenment you have him.
Re: Nine Pastors, Elders Arrested As Army Searches For ESN In Orlu | #IGBERETV by Mynd44: 3:11am On Feb 19, 2021

(1)

Nigerian Man Narrates How He Impregnated His Mother-in-law Who Later Gave Birth / Man Arrested Attempting To Kill His 13-year-old Nephew For Money Ritual(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.