Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,566 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market (1574 Views)

Video Streaming Market To Reach $149.34 Bn Globally By 2026 At 18.3% / Airtel Unveils New Cheap Data Plans To Satisfy Consumers Growing Demand / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by invincible560(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2021
Multichoice has planned to take over Netflix with a new content strategy they called “hyper-local”, according to the CEO calvo mawela.

This was unveiled in an interview on CNN connecting africa. Mawela pointed Multichoice’s locally-focused content strategy for its traditional satelite and online broadcasting platforms.
“We have invested a lot in local content across the continent – we call it going hyper-local,” Mawela said.
He said that MultiChoice plans to make local content a much bigger part of its catalogue over the next few years.
“We Spend over R2 Billion investing in local content production across the whole continent and our aim is to increase the goal from a composition of 38% to 45% in the next 2 years” Mawela said.

Multichoice Plans To Compete With Netflix

Mawela made ambitious plans for multichoice stating that the company is expected to double its subscribers. Multichoice subscribers is around 20million and mawela said multichoice is looking forward to grow the subscribers quickly upto 50million.
He added that these subscribers are fans of the company’s local content strategy and that multichoice african content will allow it to challenge netflix in the streaming market.

If we specify on going hyper-local that is a key differentiator, meanwhile the likes of netflix and other streaming platforms, they will come and have some level of local content but i’m not sure they will get to the level of localisation that we do in terms of different languages across the globe” Mawela Said.

Source: https://techfashy.com/2021/02/dstv-multichoice-plans-to-beat-netflix-out-of-streaming-market.html

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by edoairways: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
Multi choice are not ready yet. Talk is indeed cheap

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by rottable(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
I love this Multichoice business strategy. 'Kill all your competitors completely' that's their motto, like they did to HiTv, Startimes , Consat, now they are battling with Netflix.

They will surely dominate the pay tv terrain for long. I really wish to be like them
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Solsix(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeg who is using tstv?? How the company be??
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by stupidmod3: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
i pray u fail

5 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by JohnJerry121(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
stupidmod3:
i pray u fail
They will surely fail
Netflix has gone too far

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by stupidmod3: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
JohnJerry121:

They will surely fail
Netflix has gone too far

dtsv own too much.
price tag b like onion

gotv rep called was telling me why haven't i paid i told them dey increase the max n lied about d 2999 she said u know d economy is bad now, everything is increasing thats y, I just cut call.

dstv n apc are pest

7 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
rottable:
I love this Multichoice business strategy. 'Kill all your competitors completely' that's their motto, like they did to HiTv, Startimes , Consat, now they are battling with Netflix.

They will surely dominate the pay tv terrain for long. I really wish to be like them
Hmmm undecided

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by edoairways: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
rottable:

Not when there is high demand for Hollywood movies.

5 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Petersamuel8(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2021
Our billionaires should invest in cable TV to reduce the monopoly, all of them na oil and gas

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by JohnJerry121(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
stupidmod3:

dtsv own too much.
price tag b like onion

gotv rep called was telling me why haven't i paid i told them dey increase the max n lied about d 2999 she said u know d economy is bad now, everything is increasing thats y, I just cut call.

dstv n apc are pest
just imagine
Netflix never behaved like this to get to where they are today

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by JohnJerry121(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
stupidmod3:

dtsv own too much.
price tag b like onion

dstv n apc are pest
just imagine

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by stupidmod3: 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
JohnJerry121:
just imagine
too much power, no rival.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by JohnJerry121(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
stupidmod3:
too much power, no rival.
exactly
Same thing happening with dangote
Increasing price anyhow

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by sunshineV(f): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2021
las las na consumer dey enjoy
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Olatundeawo(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
I see u taking over in a month time with d way u are repeating ur movies.
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Sickmod(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
We shall see
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by 400billionman: 4:46am On Feb 20, 2021
If you want to make it big, be the biggest dreamer.
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by leomarz007: 7:00am On Feb 20, 2021
I laugh in Buhari's voice and speak in wike's tone. It can never.......apin. while dem folks are sowing seeds in the hands of multi choice. me and my family are serving a free satellite cable for 11years now.

it cost at first but worth every penny once installed than you pay monthly for few channels.
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by walesho(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2021
They are jokers dstv is only in Africa Netflix is global as in world wide

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by edoairways: 10:15am On Feb 20, 2021
walesho:
They are jokers dstv is only in Africa Netflix is global as in world wide
Netflix is a big threat to them hence a change in strategy
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Karleb(m): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2021
These ones are not ready. By the time Africans can access cheap and fast data, multichoice will pack up.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by Alfred234(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
This is very delusional of DSTV... Do they know how many original movies and series Netflix puts out each year?
This year alone Netflix has announced that they'll be releasing original movies every week till the end of the year so that's about 52 original movies from Netflix alone this year not to talk of series.
The people at DSTV are obviously smoking crack.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by SamgoldBaba: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Karleb:
These ones are not ready. By the time Africans can access cheap and fast data, multichoice will pack up.

I swear
Re: DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market by edoairways: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
Petersamuel8:
Our billionaires should invest in cable TV to reduce the monopoly, all of them na oil and gas
There is no enough profit

(1) (Reply)

Why Iphones Are Still The Best Overall / The Future Ofmobile Technology (mxit In Nigeria Live!) / Activation Required Message On My Bb Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.