Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up (2148 Views)

Aremu Afolayan Curses Government Officials Who Made Nigeria Uncomfortable / "Be Confident In Your Own Skin" - Efia Odo Goes Nude In An Advert (PHOTOS) / Black Lady With Tattoos All Over Her Face That Got Mouths Wagging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by MikePhilly(m): 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
SplufikNigerians

www.plugcentralhub.com

"I’m uncomfortable in my own skin
because of how society makes me feel about it" - Nigerian lady opens up about facing rejections, insults due to her dark skin

Mariam Besty Sule spoke about the rejection and mockery she has been facing due to her dark skin. 

According to Mariam, the society has made her so uncomfortable in her skin that she resorted to editing her photos before posting them on social media platforms. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QN7BkuNBGg

Mariam also stated that she lost job opportunities due to her complexion and some people  jokingly call her names like "black board"

"I’m very uncomfortable in my own skin, I edit my pictures lighter than my skin color because of how the society makes me feel about it," she wrote on Thursday, February 18. 

"A lot of time I was called different names as joke, but I noticed I was actually affected by it.. the ridiculous jokes of “black board or color of their black shirt” or you’re too black, I can’t give birth to a black child. 

"I’ve gotten rejected for jobs because of my skin color and got insulted jokingly.

"Stop saying hurtful things to black women under the disguise of joke because they are colorist statements and you are a colorist,"

"Black is beautiful and I’ve learnt to love it and you will respect it.
Black is beautiful and deserves to be in all shows!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLd7EZOMq_L/?igshid=1ntzn5ofk3soq

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Goldp5988(f): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Babe, u r beautifully beautiful, wonderfully made.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
See as you fine Sha, na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by chukslawrence(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
Discard the comforts of your own insecurities, and demand what you want in life.

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by LoudLord(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
See fine chick

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by ojiamu: 2:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
My favourite complexion. How do I meet her? Any contact?

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Theboy21: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Black is beautiful gang will show up now, y'all should better say what is in y'all minds cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
People will bully you and expect you to swallow it, even on nairaland.
God forbid this babe commit suicide, those same bullies will say she's chicken hearted.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by pretydiva(f): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
see how beautiful she looks. Bleach your skin at your own peril

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Jazzafizzy(f): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2021
Shinning dark skin . So beautiful
Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Charx122: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
MikePhilly:
SplufikNigerians

www.plugcentralhub.com

"I’m uncomfortable in my own skin
because of how society makes me feel about it" - Nigerian lady opens up about facing rejections, insults due to her dark skin

Mariam Besty Sule spoke about the rejection and mockery she has been facing due to her dark skin. 

According to Mariam, the society has made her so uncomfortable in her skin that she resorted to editing her photos before posting them on social media platforms. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QN7BkuNBGg

Mariam also stated that she lost job opportunities due to her complexion and some people  jokingly call her names like "black board"

"I’m very uncomfortable in my own skin, I edit my pictures lighter than my skin color because of how the society makes me feel about it," she wrote on Thursday, February 18. 

"A lot of time I was called different names as joke, but I noticed I was actually affected by it.. the ridiculous jokes of “black board or color of their black shirt” or you’re too black, I can’t give birth to a black child. 

"I’ve gotten rejected for jobs because of my skin color and got insulted jokingly.

"Stop saying hurtful things to black women under the disguise of joke because they are colorist statements and you are a colorist,"

"Black is beautiful and I’ve learnt to love it and you will respect it.
Black is beautiful and deserves to be in all shows!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLd7EZOMq_L/?igshid=1ntzn5ofk3soq

Ok go and bleach your skin and then come back and give us season 2 it was would be I'm very comfortable in my multi colored skin.
Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Queenslander(f): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2021
Black board? Lool,. Nigerians and their bad mouth,. She's actually really pretty though,. Cheer up!!

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Onye highway
Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
Queenslander:
Black board? Lool,. Nigerians and their bad mouth,. She's actually really pretty though,. Cheer up!!
Yeah, she's hot.

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by mytime24(f): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
Up nepa
Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by jimmychang: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
Babe fine jor shocked shocked shocked shocked..and she still carry with pink lips kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: I’m Uncomfortable In My Own Skin- Black Lady Opens Up by Draslo(m): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2021
Obviously she get boyfriend wey dey eat her work so which validation she dey find again ?

(1) (Reply)

Davido's REACTION After His Wife Chioma Gave Birth To A Bouncing Baby Boy / Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death / Top Nollywood Earners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.