Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra (1789 Views)

Enact Law That Will Force Civil Servant To Marry More Wives - Sheikh Aminu Baba / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. / Nnamdi Kanu Quotes That The Cabals Dread The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by gidgiddy: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
IPOB was proscribed for seeking the disintegration of Nigeria ~ Lai Mohammed, 10th February 2021

Sometime last year, IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu made a claim that there are international and domestic laws that allows him to seek Biafra, and anyone else to seek a seperate country from Nigeria

When asked about the domestic law that supports his pursuance of Biafra, he took to his Twitter page to state:

Article 1 & 20, Cap A9, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria says: "All peoples shall have the unquestionable and inalienable right of self determination. The state shall recognize the right and adopt legislative or other measures to give effect to it"

This law clearly shows that everyone and anyone has the legal right to agitate for the break up of Nigeria. Lai Mohammed and this clueless APC government proscribed IPOB for something it is allowed by the law to do.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by mabea: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
I see
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
I can just picture the oligarchs and their lawyers diving for their own copies of the constitution....just to check if that ‘annoying nyamuri upstart’ is right! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by jlinkd78(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ohamadike

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by BlackfireX: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
I implore Burutai our able general to arrest this KANU boy, to come and face atrocities he had committed in Nigeria..

KANU is a terrorist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Asgard13: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
NNUKWU MMADU... ALWAYS MAKING SENSE ... unlike those tribalists ... with rotten brain.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Zooposki(f): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
BlackfireX:
I implore Burutai our able general to arrest this KANU boy, to come and face atrocities he had committed in Nigeria..

KANU is a terrorist

Did you not see the law he quoted? Take your time before Amadioha Fire you with Thunder.

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Jostoman: 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
A man that see tommorow.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by flamingREED(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
U do minit?
We don go be that.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by oluwatunechi(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
BlackfireX:

KANU is a terrorist

Buratai is now an ambassador sir
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by oluwatunechi(m): 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
Asgard13:
NNUKWU MMADU... ALWAYS MAKING SENSE ... unlike those tribalists ... with rotten brain.

He made less sense here if this is the foundation of his fight
"The STATE shall RECOGNIZE the RIGHT"
unfortunately for him the STATE denied him this RIGHT
then he took to arms cos everyone knows the only language the STATE responds to is violence
so I'll say KANU is a Terrorist BASED on the laws of the STATE
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by ejanla077: 6:58am On Feb 20, 2021
oluwatunechi:

He made less sense here if this is the foundation of his fight
"The STATE shall RECOGNIZE the RIGHT"
unfortunately for him the STATE denied him this RIGHT
then he took to arms cos everyone knows the only language the STATE responds to is violence
so I'll say KANU is a Terrorist BASED on the laws of the STATE
the state is the terrorist if they can refuse to obey thr law

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Monogamy: 7:18am On Feb 20, 2021
May be his supporters have not noticed, Kanu is behaving as if he has psychology disorder
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by oluwatunechi(m): 8:47am On Feb 20, 2021
ejanla077:
the state is the terrorist if they can refuse to obey thr law

note the word "SHALL" was used in this context not "WILL" SHALL is used for conveying request questions or offers

so it would have made more sense if the word WILL was used instead

I. the STATE SHALL recognize the RIGHT
II. the STATE WILL recognize the RIGHT
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2021
oluwatunechi:

note the word "SHALL" was used in this context not "WILL" SHALL is used for conveying request questions or offers

So in your mind, there are certain laws that the state can choose not to recognise? Why would anything be law if anyone , or the state, can choose not to recognise it?

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Jman24(m): 9:44am On Feb 20, 2021
oluwatunechi:

Lol. English teacher.
Shall and will are used interchangeably in practice.

Shall in law doesn't mean it's not affirmative, it's just that the mannerism of order are made to look kindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2021
oluwatunechi:

Mehnnnnn
We deserve the wicked leaders we have,
A lot of you are just desperately wicked,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by OfoIgbo: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2021
oluwatunechi:

Stop forming cleverness.

The state SHALL recognise the UNQUESTIONABLE and INALIENABLE RIGHT.

You failed to explain the importance of UNQUESTIONABLE and INALIENABLE in the SHALL context. I hope you know the meaning of both words.

Anyway, bigger organisations whose constitutions and articles, supercede the Nigerian constitution exist, and in the presence of any seeming legal logjam, the superseding constitutions take preeminence, so let's know what the AU and UN charters say about RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION..

More importantly is that the Nigerian constitution is a fraud. The federating units don't have their constitutions, and the federal Constitution was not subjected to a referendum or plebiscite to give life to it. Every federal Constitution must go through such a referendum, otherwise it is fraudulent.

At no point did WE THE PEOPLE choose to be bound by this 1999 constitution nor the 1979 constitution that it is based on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by pansophist(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Scroll to chapter 20 in the link below, there you have it. The right to self-determination in the "AFRICAN CHARTER ON HUMAN AND PEOPLES RIGHTS ACT".

https://lawcarenigeria.com/african-charter-on-human-and-peoples-rights-act/

MNK is right, and the igbos or any group have the right to leave Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by pansophist(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Stop forming cleverness.

The state SHALL recognise the UNQUESTIONABLE and INALIENABLE RIGHT.

You failed to explain the importance of UNQUESTIONABLE and INALIENABLE in the SHALL context. I hope you know the meaning of both words.

Anyway, bigger organisations whose constitutions and articles, supersede the Nigerian constitution exist, and in the presence of any seeming legal logjam, the superseding constitutions take preeminence, so let's know what the AU and UN charters say about RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION.

More importantly, is that the Nigerian constitution is a fraud. The federating units don't have their constitutions, and the federal Constitution was not subjected to a referendum or plebiscite to give life to it. Every federal Constitution must go through such a referendum, otherwise, it is fraudulent.

At no point did WE THE PEOPLE choose to be bound by this 1999 constitution nor the 1979 constitution that it is based on

Your head is correct.

To add to what you said, Biafra or any other group can also secede even if the right to cessation is not enacted, transposed and put into effect by the Nigeria law simply because there are stronger, supreme, governing international law that holds primacy in the face of national and regional laws.

Thanks for schooling him.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by ejanla077: 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatunechi:

Thats what ur afonja hatred dictionary told you about shall..

Well. This is merriam webster dictionary
Shall..

used to express what is inevitable or seems likely to happen in the futurewe shall have to be readywe shall see

b—used to express simple futuritywhen shall we expect you

2—used to express determinationthey shall not pass

3a—used to express a command or exhortationyou shall go

b—used in laws, regulations, or directives to express what is mandatoryit shall be unlawful to carry firearms

4archaic

a: will have to : must

b: will be able to : can

Awolowo go dey shame for free education is worthless..

Educated illiterates from afonja land..
Textbook professors

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Boomark(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatunechi:

Until that part of the constitution is amended, the state has no right to go against any right (to self-determination) recognised by the law.

Your 'shall' and 'will' lecture is useless here. You people should stop disgracing yourselves because of envy. The state is fighting lawful IPOB.

The state don't even know the law. Someone super intelligent is teaching them.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by oluwatunechi(m): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
all opinions are noted and I also believe most of the people here are intelligent

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by favor914: 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Zooposki:

Did you not see the law he quoted? Take your time before Amadioha Fire you with Thunder.
A very stupid man, Nigeria or Biafra law, let him come to Nigeria & come & quote the law to Attorney General Malami since he is a professor of law.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by favor914: 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
Boomark:

Until that part of the constitution is amended, the state has no right to go against any right (to self-determination) recognised by the law.

Your 'shall' and 'will' lecture is useless here. You people should stop disgracing yourselves because of envy. The state is fighting lawful IPOB.

The state don't even know the law. Someone super intelligent is teaching them.
Sure you even know more than Zeus. You & your father are the ones that drafted the constitution?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by Boomark(m): 12:11am On Feb 22, 2021
favor914:
Sure you even know more than Zeus. You & your father are the ones that drafted the constitution?

Sorry o, it is not my fault that your father didn't take part in drafting the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Quotes The Nigerian Law That Gives Him The Right To Seek Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:50am On Feb 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Mehnnnnn
We deserve the wicked leaders we have,
A lot of you are just desperately wicked,

True. Even when the law is presented to them, they still refuse to acknowledge it

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Begins Seven-day Show-of-force In Imo To Dislodge IPOB, ESN Operat / 2023: Abuja Now My Home, I’m Very Afraid Of Wike – Amaechi / 24 Hours After Terror Attack In Kaduna, PDP, Wike In Jubilant Mood, Picks Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.