Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash (226 Views)

Elon Musk Says Risk Of Him Being Assassinated Is 'Quite Significant' / Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by Johnnyessence(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
(Reuters) - Tesla Inc CEO Elon Musk on Thursday said that owning bitcoin was only a little better than holding conventional cash, but that the slight difference made it a better asset to hold.

"However, when fiat currency has negative real interest, only a fool wouldn't look elsewhere," Musk said in a tweet. "Bitcoin is almost as bs as fiat money. The key word is 'almost'."

He also defended Tesla's action to invest in bitcoin, saying that the difference with cash made it "adventurous enough" for the S&P 500 company to hold the cryptocurrency.

Tesla's $1.5 billion bitcoin purchase set the cryptocurrency soaring toward this week's record peak above $50,000 while Musk's recent promotion of dogecoin on Twitter also lifted the price of that cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin was steady just below a record peak of $51,284 on Friday.

(Reporting by Aishwarya Nair and Shubham Kalia in Bengaluru; Editing by Sam Holmes)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-says-bitcoin-slightly-050334485.html?guccounter=1

Re: Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by Johnnyessence(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Innovator Elon musk spoke well here.
Re: Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by lilvicky68(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
That one no be for Nigeria na.. cash is better here
Re: Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by SavageResponse(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
Crypto price manipulator! angry

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by SUPERPACK: 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
As always I will tell people to only invest what you can afford to lose in crypto, this market is dangerous and have been taken over by whales in many whatsapp and telegram groups. I once believed that bïtcoin and other major coins can't be manipulated but i saw it happen in my clear eyes. Pls if you are hypertensive stay away from this dangerous game. Elon Musk have been know to be good at creating FOMO's and at the end those that followed his voice always get their finger burnt, to him this is just a game.
Re: Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Is Slightly Better Than Holding Cash by Johnnyessence(m): 4:25am On Feb 20, 2021
SUPERPACK:
As always I will tell people to only invest what you can afford to lose in crypto, this market is dangerous and have been taken over by whales in many whatsapp and telegram groups. I once believed that bïtcoin and other major coins can't be manipulated but i saw it happen in my clear eyes. Pls if you are hypertensive stay away from this dangerous game. Elon Musk have been know to be good at creating FOMO's and at the end those that followed his voice always get their finger burnt, to him this is just a game.
wrong post. his shareholders are now silent millionaires now.

(1) (Reply)

Make Money reading news With Just 2k / . / Buy Apple Watch Series 6 Smart Watch At Best Price @shopperstylez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.