Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones To iPhone - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones To iPhone (229 Views)

Man Reacts To Picture Of Bill Gates And Elite Nigerians Seated Round A Table / Bill Gates At The Wedding Of Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar In Lagos (Photos) / Bill Gates Gives $4.6bn To Charity In Biggest Donation Since 2000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones To iPhone by jokpeme1: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
When it comes to the great debate between iOS and Android, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates knows whose side he's on. The businessman shared his preferences in a recent audio-only interview on the Clubhouse app, 9to5Google reported. It may come as no surprise that it is firmly in favor of Android.
Gates told journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin and Clubhouse co-founder Paul Davidson that nothing has changed since he proclaimed his preference for Android in the past. Although you have an iPhone handy, in case you want to use it for any reason (such as entering the Clubhouse), for your day to day you have an Android device.
Clubhouse is an application that allows you to enter audio-only chats. The social network looks like a massive series of podcast-like conversations. At this time, it is by invitation only and only iPhone users can participate.

Bill Gates prefers the more open nature of the Android ecosystem, as he is more "flexible" about how the software interacts with the operating system.

"I actually use an Android phone ," Gates told Sorkin. "As I want to keep track of everything, I often play with iPhones, but the one I carry with me is Android," revealed the businessman and philanthropist.

“Some of the Android makers pre-install Microsoft software in a way that makes things easier for me. They are more flexible about how the software connects with the operating system. So I got used to that. You know, a lot of my friends have iPhones, so there's no purity , ” Gates explained.

In 2019, Bill Gates admitted that the way he ran Microsoft's mobile phone division was his "biggest mistake ." The company ended up allowing Google to transform Android into the only true rival to the iPhone . Microsoft lost a $ 400 billion market at the time, something the businessman deeply regrets. In 2017, however, he went ahead and adopted an Android phone.

During the interview, Davidson indicated that an Android version of Clubhouse may be on the way. He called it a "main feature ," which could mean that the Clubhouse iPhone could soon fade away.

Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones

Premium Times Nigeria
Re: Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones To iPhone by jokpeme1: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2021
"I actually use an Android phone ," Gates told Sorkin. "As I want to keep track of everything, I often play with iPhones, but the one I carry with me is Android," revealed the businessman and philanthropist.
Re: Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones To iPhone by jokpemejoseph: 4:53am On Mar 03, 2021
jokpeme1:

When it comes to the great debate between iOS and Android, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates knows whose side he's on. The businessman shared his preferences in a recent audio-only interview on the Clubhouse app, 9to5Google reported. It may come as no surprise that it is firmly in favor of Android.
Gates told journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin and Clubhouse co-founder Paul Davidson that nothing has changed since he proclaimed his preference for Android in the past. Although you have an iPhone handy, in case you want to use it for any reason (such as entering the Clubhouse), for your day to day you have an Android device.
Clubhouse is an application that allows you to enter audio-only chats. The social network looks like a massive series of podcast-like conversations. At this time, it is by invitation only and only iPhone users can participate.

Bill Gates prefers the more open nature of the Android ecosystem, as he is more "flexible" about how the software interacts with the operating system.

“Some of the Android makers pre-install Microsoft software in a way that makes things easier for me. They are more flexible about how the software connects with the operating system. So I got used to that. You know, a lot of my friends have iPhones, so there's no purity , ” Gates explained.

In 2019, Bill Gates admitted that the way he ran Microsoft's mobile phone division was his "biggest mistake ." The company ended up allowing Google to transform Android into the only true rival to the iPhone . Microsoft lost a $ 400 billion market at the time, something the businessman deeply regrets. In 2017, however, he went ahead and adopted an Android phone.

During the interview, Davidson indicated that an Android version of Clubhouse may be on the way. He called it a "main feature ," which could mean that the Clubhouse iPhone could soon fade away.

Bill Gates Gives Reason He Prefers Android Phones

Premium Times Nigeria

It may come as no surprise that it is firmly in favor of Android.

(1) (Reply)

Wema Bank Investigating Allegation Of Verbal Abuse Against A Staff Of The Bank / The New & Safe Method For Creating A Paypal Account In Nigeria That Can Send & R / N100,000 – N1,000,000 In Grants For Msmes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.