Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

When Cheap Is Expensive - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Cheap Is Expensive (179 Views)

Best Reasons Why Homeowners Insurance Is Expensive In Texas / Why Traveling To Igbo Land Is Expensive During Festive Periods / The World's Most Expensive Marijuana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Cheap Is Expensive by LegitBoyy: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
It is generally true that due to financial constraint and our peculiar circumstances, we always try to get things at the most affordable/cheapest price out there and I think this is normal for everyone. However, have you ever been in a situation where you went for something because of “cheap” price but end up being burnt ? Has your cheap ever become too expensive for you? I will share my experience.

I am currently studying for my Masters in the UK and I traveled down here some weeks back. I needed a means of transportation for myself aside the regular public buses and trains. Since I can’t afford a car, I opted for a bicycle. My goto place to get used products and appliances is actually the “Facebook Market Place” where you can easily get all type of durable goods and products at durable prices. I noticed that the average price of used bicycles was 40 pounds on the market place after conducting my search. However, I saw a particular one listed for 15 pounds grin . I should have actually paid more attention to the details of the bicycle but I was carried away by the cheap price. I proceeded to purchase the bicycle for 15 pounds on Tuesday and brought it home.

Guess what I have had to change today? The brake, gears, caution light, and chain! I have spent a total of 31 pounds just to put the bicycle ina usable condition and I never saw this coming in any way. The most annoying thing is that the quality is still not up to the durable ones that sells for 40 - 50 pounds. cry

Reflecting on this now, I then realize I’m literally experiencing the popular saying that “Cheap is expensive” and can be costly!

Have you been in a situation where you went for a cheap thing only to get burnt like me? Please share your story grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Cheap Is Expensive by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
yeah but its a girl i brought home from the club.. never knew she is not worth more than 1k only for me to overpay to the tune of 10k..last last her english change to real kpako

(1) (Reply)

Nengi Reacts To Reports Of Alleged Beef With Davido / "Please Help Me, This Pain Is Too Much"-lady With Sickle Cell Cries For Help / Can Banana Help For Weight Loss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.