Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son (724 Views)

Adam Nuru Paternity Scandal: FCMB Silent On Probe 70 Days Since Investigation / Adam Nuru Paternity Scandal: FCMB To Probe MD As Many Demand His Sack / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by SAMAJ: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2021
Veteran Juju singer, Sir Shina Peters, has addressed the viral allegations that the late actress, Funmi Martins, bore him a son, Oluwadamilare, whom he abandoned.

Martins, who passed on in 2002, is also the mother of popular actress, Mide, who is married to her colleague, Afeez Owo.

During the week, a blogger, Gist Lover, alleged that Mide and Peters had abandoned Damilare, who is now 19 years old.

But, in a video the juju musician, who was recently ordained a Bishop of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, stated that he was in talks with Damilare and his guardian, Baba Deji. He, however, did not acknowledge whether he was the father of the boy in question or not.

Peters said, “I would like to thank all Nigerians in the Diaspora. I will be turning 64, so I should know the right thing to do. On the issue of Oluwadamilare, from the beginning, there were a lot of controversies, but as an elderly person, I don’t want to discuss that. I have put it behind me. My concern now is how we are going to take good care of Damilare. In the past, I had sent my driver to Abeokuta Ogun State) several times but they did not allow my driver to see him. When Damilare’s guardian, Baba Deji, called me, I was not in the country. I told him I would call him when I got back. In the process of waiting for me, this story came out.”

Peters also urged his fans and other Nigerians who had initiated plans to crowd-fund for the boy to put a stop to it. He added, “I heard there are plans to raise money for Damilare. I don’t want people to use the poor boy to siphon money. He is not a beggar and I do not want people to make him one. From now, I want to take charge of him. I would be fully responsible for him. Me, Damilare, Baba Deji, and the senior Martins have been speaking on phone. We have fixed a meeting in hopes that everything would be fine. I am a Godly person and I have trained so many children and they are doing very fine, financially.

“I love children and I’m passionate about them. I once sang a song about the essence of children. Now that Damilare knows where to reach me, he can come to me as a father and discuss his problems with me. We can have a proper father and son relationship. Even if he is interested in the entertainment industry, he has to have good education”

Culled from The Punch.
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by Chummynoni(m): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2021
SAMAJ:
Veteran Juju singer, Sir Shina Peters, has addressed the viral allegations that the late actress, Funmi Martins, bore him a son, Oluwadamilare, whom he abandoned.

Martins, who passed on in 2002, is also the mother of popular actress, Mide, who is married to her colleague, Afeez Owo.

During the week, a blogger, Gist Lover, alleged that Mide and Peters had abandoned Damilare, who is now 19 years old.

But, in a video the juju musician, who was recently ordained a Bishop of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, stated that he was in talks with Damilare and his guardian, Baba Deji. He, however, did not acknowledge whether he was the father of the boy in question or not.

Peters said, “I would like to thank all Nigerians in the Diaspora. I will be turning 64, so I should know the right thing to do. On the issue of Oluwadamilare, from the beginning, there were a lot of controversies, but as an elderly person, I don’t want to discuss that. I have put it behind me. My concern now is how we are going to take good care of Damilare. In the past, I had sent my driver to Abeokuta Ogun State) several times but they did not allow my driver to see him. When Damilare’s guardian, Baba Deji, called me, I was not in the country. I told him I would call him when I got back. In the process of waiting for me, this story came out.”

Peters also urged his fans and other Nigerians who had initiated plans to crowd-fund for the boy to put a stop to it. He added, “I heard there are plans to raise money for Damilare. I don’t want people to use the poor boy to siphon money. He is not a beggar and I do not want people to make him one. From now, I want to take charge of him. I would be fully responsible for him. Me, Damilare, Baba Deji, and the senior Martins have been speaking on phone. We have fixed a meeting in hopes that everything would be fine. I am a Godly person and I have trained so many children and they are doing very fine, financially.

“I love children and I’m passionate about them. I once sang a song about the essence of children. Now that Damilare knows where to reach me, he can come to me as a father and discuss his problems with me. We can have a proper father and son relationship. Even if he is interested in the entertainment industry, he has to have good education”

Culled from The Punch.

Ok
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by Mindlog: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2021
Choosing to take responsibility now, after the neglect went viral. Sending his driver several times to go see him and he was refused, was enough reason for him to have showed up physically there as his father, though better late than never.
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by Vyolet(f): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2021
I hope Sir Shina Peters fulfil his promise to the boy, he has messed up in the past but it's not too late .
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by sisisioge: 9:09am On Feb 20, 2021
Awwwww....if only he thought of this when the boy was still a child and needed a parent. It is well.
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by bukatyne(f): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2021
Na wa for Funmi Martins.

Even Mide's father is rumoured to be unknown. Thank God for her husband and the wisdom to settle their rift some years back.

If you want to sleep around aka 'chop life', ensure your child (ren)'s paternity can't be disputed.
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by LadySarah: 10:56am On Feb 20, 2021
Women let us close our legs small. One from this, one from that. Tufiakwa!
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by Kzinne: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2021
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by ahnie: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
women
Re: Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son by ednut1(m): 2:21am On Feb 21, 2021
Shameless man

(1) (Reply)

Selfcon Or Room Shared In A Flat / Can Anyone Learn Tech? / Woman Storms Ex-boyfriend’s Wedding With Friends, Scatters Venue (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.