Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist (227 Views)

Buhari Cabal Eyeing Interim Government – El-Rufai / Suspected Killers Of Dr. Chike Akunyili Arrested By Anambra Police / James Nwafor Summoned By Anambra #EndSARS Judicial Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist by Spiritscience(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2021
Why I'm eyeing Obiano's seat, by Anambra journalist

An Anambra journalist, Comrade Osita Eze has declared interest to contest for the governorship position in the forthcoming November 6 gubernatorial election in the state.

He regretted the chronic under development of the Nigerian society, blaming it on the recycling of those he referred to as 'crop of greedy and evil politicians' in various positions of power.

Addressing newsmen in Awka, the State capital, Eze explained that his sincere passion to change the narrative of Anambra politics informed his decision to contest for the election.

He called on the common indigenes and inhabitants of Anambra State who make up the critical voting mass not to be swayed by the gimmicks of the career politicians who would stop at nothing to keep themselves in positions of power.

He said, "For years now I have been paying close attention to the politics of the Nation and I am utterly dismayed at how some of these people who have taken politics as a means of livelihood continue to recycle themselves in various positions of power.

"I discovered that they are the reason our society have continued to plunge deeper in corruption and underdevelopment.

"I am disgusted at how these politicians make it seem as if the common man does not have what it takes to take up political positions. This is why these people continue to grab at every elective position there is.

"You find someone who is an elected senator or House of Representatives/Assembly member and yet to prove his mettle in that capacity contesting to govern our dear Anambra State.

"This is a sign of sheer unbridled greed and should not be encouraged. Anambra State does not deserve such an insult. We have more than enough celebral men and women with enough willpower and wisdom to steer Anambra State to greater heights.

"It is high time a qualified youth in every sense of the word was given a chance at administering the affairs of Anambra State.

He added, "I have a master's degree in Administration and Planning as well as a first degree in Economics and I have been on ground so I understand better than these bourgeoisie who have declared interest so far what areas of need should be given priority for the Anambra people.

"I also have the will power to stand against every form of corrupt practice regardless of whose ox is gored. I will ensure that revenue generation and distribution as well as budget planning, monitoring and evaluation and proper human capital development are given pride of place.

"Unlike most of these greedy politicians, as governor, I will give the local government system its autonomy while ensuring every facet of the government is properly regulated to prevent excesses.

"Above all, I am very much aware of a good number of other young vibrant Anambra citizens and inhabitants who have what it takes to advance Anambra State further and higher as the Light of the Nation."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist by nairavsdollars(f): 11:17am On Feb 20, 2021
eyeing his seat so you can steal it abi. you must be a thief
Re: Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist by Fahdiga(m): 11:39am On Feb 20, 2021
Dreaming is for free
Re: Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist by Monogamy: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2021
Nothing bad in dreaming, but over dreaming is not good for someone's health
Re: Why I'm Eyeing Obiano's Seat, By Anambra Journalist by myami: 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Thats the spirit

(1) (Reply)

Millitary Aircraft Air 350 Crash In Abuja. Aviation Minister Says / Rotimi Amaechi Presidency Will Kick Start A Revolution Of Youthful Ideas / The Gates Are Now Wide Open - Chukwudi Dimkpa Tells All APC Members In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.