Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! (604 Views)

My Brothers Gambling Problem / Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos) / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Kayberg: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2021
I have always listened to my dad tell us the history of our people. From our origin and exit from Mecca during the war in which king Lam'Urudu was killed, while his son Oduduwa (Odu'Adua) had to escape.

He had always told us about the movements and journeying of Oduduwa and those who he was able to take along till they came to base in now Osun State. And how his son Akanbi had seven sons, namely:

Olowu of Owu
Onisabe of Sabe
Onipopo of Popo
Olubenin of Benin
Alaketu of Ketu
Orangun of Ila
Alaafin of Oyo.

Till today, he could tell us about the location of others except the Onisabe of Sabe and the Onipopo of Popo! Whose names we could not tell of till today and their whereabouts, despite wondering what happened to them and where they could be!

But as GOD would make it a reality, I logged on to nairaland.com this morning only to be met with the news of Benin Republic making decisions to join Nigeria! And each comment by two Nairalanders, ThatFairGuy and Ideadoctor smacked me to run a search on their comment!

And alas! The Onisabe of Sabe and the Onipopo of Popo turned out to be exactly as they commented! The Benin Republicans are our brothers O Yorubas!!! They are the (to us) lost tribes we cannot find out where they had been!

Then he remembered that his guardian back then do say he is going to purchase pepper from the Baribas which turns out to be in Benin Republic!

This is so amazing to me!
I know GOD has something in store for us by bringing us back to unity.
Glory to GOD!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_Ife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Ideadoctor(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
Kayberg:
I have always listened to my dad tell us the history of our people. From our origin and exit from Mecca during the war in which king Lam'Urudu was killed, while his son Oduduwa (Odu'Adua) had to escape.

He had always told us about the movements and journeying of Oduduwa and those who he was able to take along till they came to base in now Osun State. And how his son Akanbi had seven sons, namely:

Olowu of Owu
Onisabe of Sabe
Onipopo of Popo
Olubenin of Benin
Alaketu of Ketu
Orangun of Ila
Alaafin of Oyo.

Till today, he could tell us about the location of others except the Onisabe of Sabe and the Onipopo of Popo! Whose names we could not tell of till today and their whereabouts, despite wondering what happened to them and where they could be!

But as GOD would make it a reality, I logged on to nairaland.com this morning only to be met with the news of Benin Republic making decisions to join Nigeria! And each comment by two Nairalanders, ThatFairGuy and Ideadoctor smacked me to run a search on their comment!

And alas! The Onisabe of Sabe and the Onipopo of Popo turned out to be exactly as they commented! The Benin Republicans are our brothers O Yorubas!!! They are the (to us) lost tribes we cannot find out where they had been!

Then he remembered that his guardian back then do say he is going to purchase pepper from the Baribas which turns out to be in Benin Republic!

This is so amazing to me!
I know GOD has something in store for us by bringing us back to unity.
Glory to GOD!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_Ife
abi o! no be only northerners get brothers for outside Nigeria that need help,our brothers are in Benin republic, Togo and Ghana, let them come and suck the wealth of Nigeria too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Kayberg: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ideadoctor:
abi o! no be only northerners get brothers for outside Nigeria that need help,our brothers are in Benin republic, Togo and Ghana, let them come and suck the wealth of Nigeria too.

They know these, that's why they wanted to win them over with negotiations and discussions….
May GOD help us!

1 Like

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Ideadoctor(m): 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
Kayberg:

They know these, that's why they wanted to win them over with negotiations and discussions….
May GOD help us!
if yorubas could unite and corporate,it will be possible, just imagine am homogeneous Yoruba country where tribalism is Zero, where our people can express their God given ideas, I swear to God, if I by mistake become the President of Nigeria, my first agenda would be to unite all Yorubas,even beyond the borders of Nigeria, e.g Benin, those people really hope on us,and we must not fail them,they had seen enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Kayberg: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ideadoctor:
if yorubas could unite and corporate,it will be possible, just imagine am homogeneous Yoruba country where tribalism is Zero, where our people can express their God given ideas, I swear to God, if I by mistake become the President of Nigeria, my first agenda would be to unite all Yorubas,even beyond the borders of Nigeria, e.g Benin, those people really hope on us,and we must not fail them,they had seen enough.

Good move it will be.
Just that for now, the enjoyment they're getting is still obstructing their view.

1 Like

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Ideadoctor(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Kayberg:

Good move it will be.
Just that for now, the enjoyment they're getting is still obstructing their view.
It is only Yoruba leaders who has political ambitions that are trying to cement Nigeria together,believe me,if we are to follow mass opinion, Nigeria is broken, Nnamdi KANU understand this fact,that is why he us instigating Yoruba youths to rebel,but now, a lot of Yoruba politicians are looking forward to Oduduwa republic too, and this invitation by Benin republic must not be forfeited.

2 Likes

Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by 1Sharon(f): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
They also took Yorubas as slaves.

Read up about Sarah Bonetta
Re: The Benin Republicans Are Our Brothers O Yorubas! by Kayberg: 6:44am On Mar 14, 2021
1Sharon:
They also took Yorubas as slaves.

Read up about Sarah Bonetta

Yes. But even Nigerian Yorubas took themselves as slaves during the time of slave trade. Many were abducted and sold into slavery to the whites. Some from one village to the other. Ibadan was known to trade slaves.
I thank GOD the slave trade was abolished before I was born.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Should I Consider This Wedding Budget?? / Affordable Home Appliances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.