Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu (931 Views)

Graveyard Peace Returns To Orlu Imo State: Pictures & Video / Uzodimma: Why I Invited Soldiers To Orlu / Operation Crocodile Smiles Lands In Edo And Abuja, Calmness Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by omoharry(f): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Calmness has returned back to the Orlu and Orsu local government areas of Imo state, a day after the military invaded the forest to destroy the camps of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, in the areas.

When Vanguard yesterday called residents in the affected places at about 03: 45 pm, they confirmed that businesses and vehicular movement have all kicked off in full activities.
According to one of those who spoke to Vanguard, a motorcyclist, who said his name, Uchechukwu Amadi, said: “Nothing is happening again, all of us are going about our businesses. The military went into the forest and after their operation we have not seen them again. “You can see the banana junction every where is calm and people are going into the market and coming out. You can see busses from Orlu to Owerri. People are moving freely.”

He continued: “What I want to beg is that the government should settle with the Eastern Security network of the Biafra. We don’t want this tension here again.”
Commenting on the incident, the Imo state government through the state commissioner for Information, Declan Emelumba, said: “The attention of imo State government has been drawn to malicious rumours circulating around that the security situation in Orlu and environs has worsened.
“The purveyors of this tale went even further to impute that security forces have been shooting sporadically and arresting innocent citizens.

“For the avoidance of doubt,there is no truth whatsoever in those stories. If anything, the situation in Orlu has since been brought under control. There is absolute peace and calm in the city as people are going about their normal duties.
“Government is aware that opposition elements who abinitio instigated the crisis for selfish reasons are not happy that government quickly arrested the situation, hence the rumours.”
“Government assures all law abiding Nigerians living in Orlu or passing through the town that the city is completely safe. There should therefore go about their lawful businesses without any let. “No matter the level of provocation,imo State government under the leadership of Governor Hope Uzodinma will continue to discharge its primary duty of protection of lives and property,” Emelumba said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/esn-vs-military-calmness-returns-to-orlu/amp/
Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by Fahdiga(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
To the coward Nigerian army, after killing and maiming innocent people in Orlu what next for you to do? maybe to start bombing the entire Igbo land. rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by NwaNimo1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Meanwhile.......somewhere in Texas,

[img]https://media./images/377751a4a3ac8a2c62be45383fbf5608/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by habsydiamond(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
What about sambisa, hope there is peace there also.

3 Likes

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
habsydiamond:
What about sambisa, hope there is peace there also.
Yes, haven't you heard? Sambisa is now habitable and peaceful only that you will have ghosts of dead soldiers as neighbors and you will be under the rulership of Shekau and don't worry, he is just another patriotic Northern Nigerian just like Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by habsydiamond(m): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nonexistent:
Yes, haven't you heard? Sambisa is now habitable and peaceful only that you will have ghosts of dead soldiers as neighbors and you will be under the rulership of Shekau and don't worry, he is just another patriotic Northern Nigerian just like Buhari.
which one be you.. Wey u dey mention.. I no dey that side nao. Am not even thinking of going in the next 20 years. I like where I dey. If u hear any paa paa for here na banger nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
habsydiamond:
which one be you.. Wey u dey mention.. I no dey that side nao. Am not even thinking of going in the next 20 years. I like where I dey. If u hear any paa paa for here na banger nothing more.
A little vacation in Sambisa wouldn't hurt, would it? You have to be a detribalised Nigerian for once. Forget fake news, Sambisa is like a paradise now. grin

4 Likes

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by habsydiamond(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nonexistent:
A little vacation in Sambisa wouldn't hurt, would it? You have to be a detribalised Nigerian for once. Forget fake news, Sambisa is like a paradise now. grin
thanks for ur deployment but I no want am... Make my friends from the north dey enjoy make I dey enjoy my own here... Why I go use head carry Wetin no call me. U wey Sabi say peace dey there pack and go nao nd leave me jejeli for where I dey. With what we are seeing here sambisa is hell... The content is good and clear... Boys pack up let's return to base

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by Balkan(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
Useless governor
You invited the Fulani army to to bomb your town and villages. That is the reason the put you there.

Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by jlinkd78(m): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme Court Governor

1 Like

Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by Monogamy: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peace, Amani, No wahala are what we have been clamouring for
Re: ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu by meccuno: 5:02am On Feb 21, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Meanwhile.......somewhere in Texas,

[img]https://media./images/377751a4a3ac8a2c62be45383fbf5608/tenor.gif[/img]
I hope you know that texas has no electricity for days.

(1) (Reply)

The Hour Of Biafra Referendum Has Come - Nnamdi Kanu Gives Date / Buhari Sets Record As Nigerians Grow Poorer For Sixth Straight Year / Renovation Of Adamasingba Stadium As One Of Giant Stride Of Eng. Oluseyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.