Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,654 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts (1723 Views)

How To Detect Fake Bank Alert / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by IamCookie(f): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
A friend sister on Facebook was paid through bank transfer for services / products purchased and later realised the bank alert received was fake. This begs to ask a disturbing question as to how can someone identify fake transfers, almost immediately? Find below the post of the lady on Facebook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by IamCookie(f): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
Since I got to know about fake bank transfers, I have been puzzled about this . Let's discuss ,Nairalanders! Kindly share your experience(s ), if any and how you recognised it was a fake alert.
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by harmargedon: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
It doesn't show your total balance. And always try transferring the money to another account immediately.
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by wellingtongrey(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
harmargedon:
It doesn't show your total balance. And always try transferring the money to another account immediately.

Really? Cos a friend said it may probably return since the bank doesn't confirm the source but it may take some time and that the buyer would have left.
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by IamCookie(f): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
harmargedon:

Wow!* Thanks for this eye - opener. I'll notify my mum and guide her accordingly . Have you or anyone closer to you had similar experience?
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by IamCookie(f): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
wellingtongrey:

Really? Cos a friend said it may probably return since the bank doesn't confirm the source but it may take some time and that the buyer would have left.

I think he has a point. Sadly , no way to test it's authenticity. Lets see if someone else will come up with a different way of knowing .

Lalasticlala or mod concerned .kindly move to front page to get wider view to guide us accordingly
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by Mide3367: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Make i book space first.
Okada Park here
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by MarketDispatch: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2021
IamCookie:
Since I got to know about fake bank transfers, I have been puzzled about this . Let's discuss ,Nairalanders! Kindly share your experience(s ), if any and how you recognised it was a fake alert.

Register also for email alerts.

When you get SMS alerts from your bank, check your email to confirm you also received email alert. Or simply do a quick login to your bank account to confirm transaction details.

1 Like

Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by rottable(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2021
Always check your bank application for confirmation
Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by MJBOLT: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2021
When you receive credit alert from someone you are not sure of,try and buy airtime or check your balance, you will receive a debit alert with your current balance then you can verify if the credit alert you received is genuine or not.

1 Like

Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by bigl: 9:08am On Feb 21, 2021
IamCookie:
A friend sister on Facebook was paid through bank transfer for services / products purchased and later realised the bank alert received was fake. This begs to ask a disturbing question as to how can someone identify fake transfers, almost immediately? Find below the post of the lady on Facebook.

It's pretty easy

A fake credit alert will never give u your accurate bank balance ... That's the easiest tell tale ... The fake alert thing is done via an android app ...

It's cos of this that I disabled my SMS alert ... My bank fought me but I prevailed ... Mobile banking and internet banking is ok ...

2 Likes

Re: How To Recognise Fake Bank Alerts by matthew080: 9:24am On Feb 21, 2021
Hello
For those who wants to double their hustle by selling data, together with their pos business or any other business at its lowest prize,
Kindly join this web link to become a reseller,

https://mtndatabox.com/sajda/?ref=08064698852

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair / Suya Business / Success Story-seun Osewa Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.