Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? (2222 Views)

How Do I Connect One Printer To Different Computers? / How Do I Connect Two Pcs For Offline File Transfer. / How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by billtommy(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2011
pls i need ur help on dis
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by billtommy(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
thanks,i am not in lagos,its an mtn modem,and d systems are both hp and window 7,can u help with dis
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by Digriz(m): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
billtommy:

pls i need your help on dis
i think a USB cable wt double connection pin cn do that coz my visafone modem came wt it and i can easily share connection wt another pc.

Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by lifestyle1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
Had it been you are in lagos it will be fine but it will be stressful writing the procedures here and you might find it difficult to comprehend. get a cat5e cable, look for a crimping tool and RJ45 clip and make your cable to be crossover,

make sure you configure the computer with a class c IP address, system one 192.168.0.1, system two 192.168.0.2 in other for system two to have access to the internet, the DNS address will be the IP address of system one that is already connected to the internet, I can't go further than this. where are you?

or try Digriz method i think that method isa plug and play, but i dnt know if mtn modem hv this option.
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by billtommy(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
im in ibadan,and can it pair easily via bluetooth or somethin easy to connect through?
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by lifestyle1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
use the in-built ad-hoc wireless connection, all you need is sharing the connection,
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by routik(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by billtommy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2011
i used d adoc,it sees the network buh didnt connect.are dere any additional settings to be included?like ip or proxy
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by kingsleyp: 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2011
This forum is good. i just learnt a new thing
Re: How Can I Connect More Than One Laptops With One Modem? by billtommy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2011
@king,cud u pls share what u av just learned?

(1) (Reply)

Hp 6735s Laptop Starts, But Wont Boot. / Dell Precision M4800 16gb Ram/500gb Hdd/ 2gb Dedicated Ram For Sale / A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.