Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? (35781 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Farki: 9:34am On Feb 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

How did you arrive at the bolded, sir

You should have also gone ahead to say that they were the first reggae musicians in history.

P.S.: OP, this is a bulls#it topic. Take it down so your descendants don't get to see it in the future and feel awfully embarrassed.

Word up, the internet does not forget.

The heck is 'secular hairstyle'?

Check out the Nazerite vows where Jews showed their piety through abstaining from cutting their hair and drinking wine.

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by wirinet(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2021
LandMann:
Religion is the root of many evils in this country and it is the first thing I'll ban from all public life if I get the chance to lead Nigeria.

We focus so much on irrelevant things in the name of religion and lose sight of the fact that our country is getting shitier by the day despite the garment of holiness many of us pretend to put on.

As long as your hair doesn't promote evil, promote immorality, hurt others or cause them to do bad things you can carry any hairstyle you want

Christianity was the the most effective weapon the Europeans employed in conquering Africans and South Americans. And when I said conquering, I meant not just physical conquest, but also mental, spiritual and cultural conquest. Imagine, we bow before white gods and goddesses, we speak white languages, think like white men, bleach our skin and hair to look white. It will take us thousands of years to free ourself of mental slavery.

The conquestidors did not teach us technology, they did not teach us agriculture, they did not teach us to be self sufficient. They taught us to speak their language and to worship their gods, so that we will forever be dependent on them for survival.

The whites are landing machines on Mars, they are creating new vaccines to cure novel diseases. We on the other hand are fasting and praying, while begging them to dash us vaccines to cure us from dying out.
And most ridiculous of all, we are more obsessesd with researching which hairstyles are good for christians.

7 Likes

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Hollawayn05(m): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2021
Godada:
sad

Moderation would be nice.
But haircut shouldn't be an issue here.
Samson, John the Baptist carried dreadlocks

Point to Note It is Dada they carried not Dreadlocks
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by wirinet(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2021
Farki:

Check out the Nazerite vows where Jews showed their piety through abstaining from cutting their hair and drinking wine.

Are you a jew before we when talk about being a Nazarite? Even Jews in Israel have abandoned all those ancient cultures and practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by BruncleZuma: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2021
Most of those hairstyles have existed beofre Christianity.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by HBB1(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2021
Hollawayn05:

Point to Note
It is Dada they carried not Dreadlocks

What is Dada, what is dreadlocks?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by VadBet(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2021
Icyexpressions:
I wouldn't know. God seems to be preferential with location. In Abuja, a good Christian attending 'spirit led church' can come to church with trouser but a taboo in my town... And that's God's way is what we don't know.

Should culture influence Christianity, keeping in mind that culture and religion are interwoven.

People pray and fast all day, and they still come up with different and almost opposing views of God.

Christianity is almost 2000 yrs old and we can't still figure it out all.

****Are you sure this thing is meant for us human?

On a lighter note,
It depend on the century, you know something that is right 400 yrs ago might be wrong now.

Pls, is there any website to worship online, not streaming website.

What kind of website are you thinking of exactly? Like what functions will you like to be on the website?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Godada(m): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2021
Hollawayn05:

Point to Note

You know this. So what's the difference?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by HBB1(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2021
So of all the things happening in the World.... who is carrying dreadlocks or wearing earrings is what God must be looking at?

Do you people even think ( things through)?

Or you just froth at the mouth every time you feel you have gotten a Revelation.

I am sure if the World were populated only by People of your mentality, we still will be riding Horses, living in mud huts and dying by 40/50 years.

No innovative thoughts, just how to tie themselves and other people down in the name of Religion.

Oshi!

How are you different from Boko Haram that forbids Wigs, Braids, T.V, Music, Football, Books....?

Sound familiar?

Bunch of extremists!

3 Likes

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2021
What if Jesus is Lord is designed on someone's head?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Innobee99(m): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2021
timibare:
Which one b circular hairstyle again.... RELIGION ehn, pastor Oyakilomehn be serving it hot mehn, during the days of Ayo Babalola na Afro baba dey rock..... Pastor E.A Adeboye sef dey enjoy him Obama haircut, those three I listed are strong men so why should anyone discourage you in choosing the kinda haircut to choose to rock
Open ur church and dye ur hair na.

Marlian Pastor
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Farki: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2021
wirinet:

Are you a jew before we when talk about being a Nazarite? Even Jews in Israel have abandoned all those ancient cultures and practices.

Does one have to be a Jew before they give historical context?

No Orthodox Jews have not abandoned the old practices, many still refuse to cut the sides of their hair among other things.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Icyexpressions: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2021
VadBet:

What kind of website are you thinking of exactly? Like what functions will you like to be on the website?

Something like a forum.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by DaInferno(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2021
naso my uncle the tell me the other day say my beards too much, and my grandpa( he was an upright man and he knows mentioning him makes us calm) no go happy for ground were him dey, cus him been no keep beards. I just talk for my mind say: but him go happy to see the way you the smoke, drink and even chyke some ladies abi?

everything na phase, one day, we get bored and take it out. As for this topic, I just feel say make you no over do, some of these hairstyles are unappealing true true. not just for Christians alone, but generally
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by addexx: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2021
The way you groom yourself should not cause others to sin mostly through lust. That's the general idea. I don't think hairstyles cause people to lust. What force people to lust is mainly semi nude dressing.

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by JOSH54: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2021
I DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BASE ON HAIR STYLE FOR A CHRISTAIN, IF U AS A PERSON DONT LIKE D HAIR STYLE THEN, GO FOR D STYLE U ARE CONVICED, CHRISTIANITY IS A PERSONAL RACE

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by timibare(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2021
Innobee99:
Open ur church and dye ur hair na.

Marlian Pastor
lol badt guy

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2021
Visit my blog jeremiahevangelical..com
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2021
Farki:

Of course, I am fully aware of that, sir. That is the whole Nazirite vow thing.

But does that mean that they(Samson and John the baptist) had dreadlocks?

Samson, from the verse of the book of Judges that I am very familiar struck me as someone who had his hair braided or plaited into seven largish locks. I do not believe for a second that he had dreadlocks in the same way as the rastafarians of today.

I am disinclined to believe that much.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by 1Sharon(f): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2021
Hollawayn05:

Point to Note

What's the difference? grin
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by SirMichael1: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2021
Godada:
sad

Moderation would be nice.
But haircut shouldn't be an issue here.
Samson, John the Baptist carried dreadlocks
How do you know?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by SirMichael1: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Samson, from the verse of the book of Judges that I am very familiar struck me as someone who had his hair braided or plaited into seven largish locks. I do not believe for a second that he had dreadlocks in the same way as the rastafarians of today.

Are you saying we can braid our hair? grin grin
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Proflere: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

Yes. there should be ways to moderate. Pastor Oyakilomehn, Pastor Adeboye look good with their hairstyle/ cut
Lol, Oyakhilome moderate? With relaxer? Abegii
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2021
If any kind of hairstyle is displeasing to God or causes you to deviate from God. Change or cut it.

So secular hairstyle doesn't define your relationship with God, can you give examples of secular hairstyles
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by VadBet(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2021
Icyexpressions:

Something like a forum.

A Christian forum?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by SirMichael1: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....these Christians be deciving themselves...pussy asss Christians

After rocking secular songs now they want to preach against secular hairstyle. ..
If you are baby girl you come to my house without rocking chuku , Ghana weaving, dreadlocks, Bob Marley, twisting, kinky ball, fixing eye lash , wearing waist beads, piercing your nose or vaginal and fixing nails ( especially that glow in the dark)

Then am sending you back to your gadmnnn house

Vagina
I'm

This stupid troll. I'm not even sure you've seen a vagina before not to talk of fvcking one. Sometimes I wonder how you chat your non-existent clients when you can't even construct a simple English sentence. Your clients must be as dull as you then.

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Chykes4micheal: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2021
Yes o... Hairstyle is very important grin..... If you like barb skin or gorimakpa, Angel Gabriel will send you to hell.

He will now be asking you... Where is the hair that God put on your coconut head and you be looking like aboki grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Icyexpressions: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2021
VadBet:

A Christian forum?

Yes
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Tillatalk: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

Yes. there should be ways to moderate. Pastor Oyakilomehn, Pastor Adeboye look good with their hairstyle/ cut
so others don't look good on them
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by SirMichael1: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2021
addexx:
The way you groom yourself should not cause others to sin mostly through lust. That's the general idea. I don't think hairstyles cause people to lust. What force people to lust is mainly semi nude dressing.
Also beards. It can cause lust in ladies.

Be talking with the both sides of your mouth.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Farki: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Well you can grow dreadlocks by simply not cutting your hair for years, I would imagine someone who lived as a hermit far from humans and barely groomed would look like one of those Indian hermits.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatosink:
Are secular haircut and hairstyles like Afro, full Punk, patterns, dreadlocks, dyeing of hair, Brazilian wigs , bone straight hair good for born again Christains.?
What are their effect on the spirit life when we make these hairstyles?

1stly there is nothing like circular or Christian hairstyle. I hope this has answered ur question. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isreali, David Shoshan Sues God, Says He Should Stop Answering His Prayers / Ada Jesus' Mother Rejects Prophet Odumeje's N1 Million Gift To Ada Jesus (Video) / Pastor Adeboye: Don’t Cry For My Son, Dare, Keep Praying For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.