Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? (35803 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by eagleonearth(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2021
Icyexpressions:
I wouldn't know. God seems to be preferential with location. In Abuja, a good Christian attending 'spirit led church' can come to church with trouser but a taboo in my town... And that's God's way is what we don't know.

Should culture influence Christianity, keeping in mind that culture and religion are interwoven.

People pray and fast all day, and they still come up with different and almost opposing views of God.

Christianity is almost 2000 yrs old and we can't still figure it out all.

****Are you sure this thing is meant for us human?

On a lighter note,
It depend on the century, you know something that is right 400 yrs ago might be wrong now.

Pls, is there any website to worship online, not streaming website.
He's not preferential with location as you put it. He works with your conviction and faith rather. Remember that whatever that's not done with faith is SIN. If you grew up in a city, rocking trousers as a lady can't baffle you a bit and you can go ahead to be the holiest you can worshipping in truth and spirit. A lady who was raised in hinter lands(villages) has grown up to see ladies that rock trousers as prostitutes lacking morals and needing God in their lives. That's her conviction. Now if she relocates to the city and see everyone rocking trousers and still serving God beautifully avoiding immoral acts, she will reconsider her belief pattern but if she ever decide to wear same trousers, she will never be comfortable in them and this can cause her to be sinning because the act is not done in faith(something deep down in her is telling her that this is not who she is). So for her to continue serving God in spirit and in truth, she's got to continue with her skirt and gowns, lack of make up etc. So location creates a belief pattern. What is bottom line is not losing your faith.

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by HassieMalcomson(f): 11:38am On Feb 21, 2021
I don't think religions bind us about hairstyles. They teach us humanity, and its level is declining. Unluckily!
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by oluwatitus(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2021
Where is our pastor (Righteousness) ooo?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by LikeAking: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

Yes. there should be ways to moderate. Pastor Oyakilomehn, Pastor Adeboye look good with their hairstyle/ cut

These are old men na.

You cant look like dem.

If you do, even your wify wont dig u.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....these Christians be deciving themselves...pussy asss Christians

After rocking secular songs now they want to preach against secular hairstyle. ..
If you are baby girl you come to my house without rocking chuku , Ghana weaving, dreadlocks, Bob Marley, twisting, kinky ball, fixing eye lash , wearing waist beads, piercing your nose or vaginal and fixing nails ( especially that glow in the dark)

Then am sending you back to your gadmnnn house
What you need is deliverance.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by LikeAking: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2021
wirinet:

Christianity was the the most effective weapon the Europeans employed in conquering Africans and South Americans. And when I said conquering, I meant not just physical conquest, but also mental, spiritual and cultural conquest. Imagine, we bow before white gods and goddesses, we speak white languages, think like white men, bleach our skin and hair to look white. It will take us thousands of years to free ourself of mental slavery.

The conquestidors did not teach us technology, they did not teach us agriculture, they did not teach us to be self sufficient. They taught us to speak their language and to worship their gods, so that we will forever be dependent on them for survival.

The whites are landing a machine on Mars, they are creating new vaccines to cure novel diseases. We on the other hand are fasting and praying, while begging them to dash us vaccines to cure us form dying out.
And most ridiculous of all, we are more obsessesd with researching which hairstyles are good for christians.

True.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Sleekfingers: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Godada:
sad

Moderation would be nice.

But haircut shouldn't be an issue here.

Samson, John the Baptist carried dreadlocks

are those people mentioned christians? Your solomon, david, daniel, ezekiel, moses, aaron, abraham, isaac, jacob, joseph, job ......are they xtians?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by TellMeNothing: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Sleekfingers: 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
oluwatosink:
Are secular haircut and hairstyles like Afro, full Punk, patterns, dreadlocks, dyeing of hair, Brazilian wigs , bone straight hair good for born again Christains.?
What are their effect on the spirit life when we make these hairstyles?

brainless post......wetin concern hairstyle with xtianity? Abi na wetin ur God dey look? Even if u like make u jerry curl your public hair.....thats got nothing to do with your relationship with your God.......

Which one be secular hair ......some nigerians and their empty skull......is like amala and ewedu......
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
As long as you're good at heart, you do not think evil towards your neighbor, you worship God in truth and in SPIRIT, your hairstyle doesn't matter!
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by solonubinho(m): 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
All these silly questions you people ask on Sundays. Una dey ment. In fact is it proper to ask questions on christianity on a secular online platform? Since all of us wan dey ment
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by donMIG(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
If no b one tin na another thing

I don try quit listening to some jams
I don quit drinks
I don't do weed
I don almost dei quit women
Now c haircut wahala
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by folks4luv(f): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Is there a spiritual hairstyle?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Asianjollof007: 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
stanliwise:
Christianity is based on principle and not what you do per se.
For me personally if I get to a saner society, I am getting my dreadlocks straight and won’t think twice.

But down here in my area, I prefer to look simple instead, if I do dreadlocks I will mislead some young folks who would confuse me with the bad eggs of the society, also I would need to explain my ass to every dick and Harry that could be my potential helper due to their myopic ways of judgement. But then at a point I guess I would give a Bleep anymore especially when I am made. My works would speak for me a such point both to young and old.

This ain’t tied to religion or any dogmatic rules and regulations

Well said brother, na wetin dey my mind you type come outside.

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by MozB: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
timibare:
Which one b circular hairstyle again.... RELIGION ehn, pastor Oyakilomehn be serving it hot mehn, during the days of Ayo Babalola na Afro baba dey rock..... Pastor E.A Adeboye sef dey enjoy him Obama haircut, those three I listed are strong men so why should anyone discourage you in choosing the kinda haircut to choose to rock
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Asianjollof007: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nuttella:
What you need is deliverance.
Ask for his address, maybe you are the one God sent to deliver him.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by chrisooblog: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
OP i understand you are trying to speak about decency but how do we define Christian or "secular" hairstyles? Because cultures and people differ when it comes to hairstyles. If I shave my hair bald even though it looks decent does that make me a Christian?

oluwatosink:
Are secular haircut and hairstyles like Afro, full Punk, patterns, dreadlocks, dyeing of hair, Brazilian wigs , bone straight hair good for born again Christains.?
What are their effect on the spirit life when we make these hairstyles?
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Elioandrew: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
timibare:
Which one b circular hairstyle again.... RELIGION ehn, pastor Oyakilomehn be serving it hot mehn, during the days of Ayo Babalola na Afro baba dey rock..... Pastor E.A Adeboye sef dey enjoy him Obama haircut, those three I listed are strong men so why should anyone discourage you in choosing the kinda haircut to choose to rock
I wonder too o. People don't know that hairstyle has got nothing to do with u serving God or not. One day in my church, a so called deaconess approached me and complained about my afro and beard. I obliged to her and promised her I would do something about it not because I thought there was sense in whatever she told me but just to please her. The next Sunday she saw me again in church as I had taken everything off(molo). She complained and I didn't know when I shouted haba aunty, I keep hair, u complain, I remove the hair u complain, make I remove my head? Hypocrisy is what will make one complain about another persons appearance.

3 Likes

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....these Christians be deciving themselves...pussy asss Christians

After rocking secular songs now they want to preach against secular hairstyle. ..
If you are baby girl you come to my house without rocking chuku , Ghana weaving, dreadlocks, Bob Marley, twisting, kinky ball, fixing eye lash , wearing waist beads, piercing your nose or vaginal and fixing nails ( especially that glow in the dark)

Then am sending you back to your gadmnnn house
Baba you too bad
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
EEMA1:
Is there moderation in worldliness
that's were the Spirit of GOD comes. HE will make u so uncomfortable when u try to do things or wear ungodly things. But many have stubbornly refused his corrections and HE left many since they won't listen so u see all forms of satanic dressing even among so called Christians
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Doncyn(f): 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
As far as it looks Good on u,ur good to go...human minds are evil.dey condemning things ,who are dey? Is only God dat Will judge ....but when living ur life always remb dt man upto meet him one in one
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by kennyamusan(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
shebi jerry curling is Christian hairstyle according to 5G pastor
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Brian47(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
There's no such thing as circular hairstyle.
even dreadlocks is natural. Before the whites came I'm pretty sure every one all had dreads because there was no clipper or barbers before the white came. Then the whites hated our natural grown hair then brought this perception that short hair is better. They passed that hatred to our great grand parents then they passed it to us then some people would manipulate it and say its a sin to carry dreads or colour your hair.

if full hair or dreads offends god, then he would have never have given us in the first place
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by bukatyne(f): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
There must be the practice of moderation in all Christians.
Now are u sick or in dire straits, find ur way to the living Faith church cananland OTA. Time is 11:45qm today. Bring ur annointing oil and family plus friends. Papa Oyedepo will be anoiting everyone in that service. No.more secret tears. Congratulations cool

@bold on point!

OP mentioned bone straight hair.... Is it the cost he is disputing? Because none straight hair is just that: a certain type of straight weave/wig.

@cost: it depends on your pocket and back to moderation: Madam Folorunsho Alakija buying a weave of N500k is not same as a regular Jane doing same.

Moderation and ensuring these items don't become idols.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by divineappo(m): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
Icyexpressions:
I wouldn't know. God seems to be preferential with location. In Abuja, a good Christian attending 'spirit led church' can come to church with trouser but a taboo in my town... And that's God's way is what we don't know.

Should culture influence Christianity, keeping in mind that culture and religion are interwoven.

People pray and fast all day, and they still come up with different and almost opposing views of God.

Christianity is almost 2000 yrs old and we can't still figure it out all.

****Are you sure this thing is meant for us human?

On a lighter note,
It depend on the century, you know something that is right 400 yrs ago might be wrong now.

Pls, is there any website to worship online, not streaming website.
search for pastor Abel Damina on Facebook

U wil be very blessed and enlightened listening to that pastor

Trust me, he is a very genuine man of God, not all these pastors littered everywhere demanding for money every second

1 Like

Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Mystery9(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yes it is wrong.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by femifemi1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
Capsule101:
Wetin concern hairstyle with religion again .. U guys should beta wake up and live ur life d way u want and not let any foreign religion with lies and mythical god hold u down

Mythical god? Am sure you aren't referring to the Lord Almighty, the Alpha and the Omega, Oba ase iyin ohun , iwaju Ogun eyin Ogun, the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Oba to'n pa, Oba to'n ji.

Even the other gods dare not arouse his anger. Voice thunderous than the sound of thunder.

My Father that lives forever.
He is ever forgiving, and ready to welcome us back.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Emeka71(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2021
The style is bad.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by orlahboi(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Our problem is that we confuse morality for spiritually. In both, moderation is the key. Any hair cut is allowed in the western world as a Christian but might not be allowed here because of culture and background. That doesn't make it a sin.
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Gabson001(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
Godada:
sad

how did you know this
uncle please tell us a story
Re: Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? by Elioandrew: 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
Godada:
sad

did you see them? I'm not saying you're wrong o cos me I don't see anything wrong in a Christian guy having dreadlocks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Ada Jesus' Mother Rejects Prophet Odumeje's N1 Million Gift To Ada Jesus (Video) / Pastor Adeboye Visits Kaduna RCCG Members Freed From Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.