Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? (16556 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Pope Francis Request That Roman Catholic Priest Be Given The Right To Be Married / Shocking: Pope Requests Roman Catholic Priest Be Given Right To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
divineappo:
Wow, u don't sound like a Christian at all, you sound like someone that has been mentored by a Native Doctor

Read:
Luke 9:51-56
The disciples of Jesus asked him to call down fire on people, and Jesus rebuked and corrected his disciples, telling them not to behave like Elijah

I dare you to carry out any incantations they taught you in your current native doctor church

am just here smiling at your ignorance. Read your Bible, and stop behaving like a Native doctor mentee

Lol
laughter will not spare you if u don't watch your utterances. U have been warned
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by Chizzychinny: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
It is better for him to be the officiating priest than best
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
ojorich:
So I have this very good friend of mine whom we've been very close friends right from childhood. While he went on to become a catholic priest, I went and studied in the university.

Now the problem is, my wedding is coming up soonest and I have plans of using him as my best man since we've known each other for long.

Does the Catholic church permits priests to be a bestman at a wedding ceremony?

Kindly move to FP for a wider view and opinions please
This your post get as e be.
First, your priest friend is in the best position to tell you if it is possible for him to be.

undecided
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by giftedheart1(m): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2021
mkpologwu:

Catholic priests are not single. They are all married. Make the guy look for someone else.
yes, married to the church
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by Napoleon27(m): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2021
Yes I have checked my CIC.

Bigard or Bodija?
apolonius:

I didn’t say there is a law that prohibits. But they need the permission of their Bishops...NEED is the word, so no choice. I am speaking about the practicality and the norm. Have you checked the Code of Canon Law though?
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by apolonius(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
Napoleon27:
Yes I have checked my CIC.

Bigard or Bodija?

Bodija-SSPP.
Re: Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? by divineappo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
laughter will not spare you if u don't watch your utterances. U have been warned
Lol

I laugh again, and again

Lol

Bring it on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Please Don't Lose Your Soul To The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.