Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp (23828 Views)

2023: How Plot To Draft In Jonathan Collapsed / Cracks In NBA As Splinter Group Form NNBA / N1.3trn Looted Funds: Jonathan's Camp Lists Corruption Cases Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Jomonix: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2021
Rubbiish:

What is the bigger picture??
U people are now screaming of unity because tinubu ambition is being threatened?? Were was d unity when tinubu joined the north to remove a fellow southerner in 2015? There has never been any unity & there will never be! It is just about personal & selfish interest for all parties involved!

Dreaming about Jonathan becoming president again is a pipe dream. So sad most of us are buying it and the subject matter himself is also dreaming. I hope he declares for APC soon. Why are we so easily deceived making us to keep moving in circles.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2021
Mysticwebb:
Why is this Tinubu's newspaper carrying this propaganda on their head?
Something that GEJ has even maturely denied.
Leave 2023 matter for 2023 and focus on 2021 issue, which is the monster called killer herdsmen ravaging the country.

But you believe other news about Tinubu contesting 2023 election?
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by nextBIGthing: 11:02am On Feb 21, 2021
Wallade:

Oh shut up about Tinubu please. How do we move from failure (Jonathan) to monumental failure (Bihari) and then to a grabber (Tinubu).

We need leaders that prioritize the well being and empowerment of the people, development of the nation and improvement of the standard of living for Nigerians ahead of their personal, family and clout enrichment. Tinubu will be another sucess at minimal development but a disaster with corruption and monumental self service.

Forget about the allowance they are paying you to do this PR for him. We can no longer be deceived.

First of I’m not being paid to do anything...secondly I’m not a jagaban fan ....Thirdly you don’t know politics
We all know the possible people that can emerge president. Stop that imaginary thought.
Who’s the best contender among them and let’s focus on that.
We are in Nigeria past leaders are leaders of tomorrow until there’s a revolution.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by myobjective: 11:02am On Feb 21, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
When I saw the header, I just knew only a particular afonja newspaper will spit this nonsense. I scrolled to the link... Alas!

They never fail to disappoint.

Even if it's for free, you won't catch me with The Nation.

Bro, nothing is wrong with Jonathan contesting under the APC. It may even be a good thing for us the Yorubas. It will destroy whatever synergy we have with the north and make the Yorubas see them for who they are.

I don't understand what you really want. Do you want another northerners that will show open disdain for you or a liberal southerners ?
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

You actually expect Jonathan to come out publicly to confirm that he’s joining APC? He will keep denying till he eventually joins the party.

Personally, I will welcome him to APC with open hands. The more the merrier. Power must return to the south in 2023 anyhow they want it. However, the south must maintain the power for at least 8 years. It is now left for southern leaders to put their heads together and outplay the north in their game. Jonathan will be extremely stupid to hand over power to the north after four years if he ever becomes the president again in 2023.

I share the same thoughts exactly.
It's the first time in a very long while you've made sense on here.

It's our best chance to keep power in the South for the next 12 years. Play them at their own game. However, pairing him with Nasir El Rufai might be their leveler , that short devil has got a few tricks up his sleeve. That guy as a VP will be very formidable.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by seunmsg(m): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2021
CorGier:

I share the same thoughts exactly.
It's the first time in a very long while you've made sense on here.

It's our best chance to keep power in the South for the next 12 years. Play them at their own game. However, pairing him with Nasir El Rufai might be their leveler , that short devil has got a few tricks up his sleeve. That guy as a VP will be very formidable.

He will be caged from his first day in office. The office of the Vice President will be made redundant and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. Even Atiku was caged during OBJ’s second term so who’s El-Rufai??
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by fubsy: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2021
My sincere advice to President Goodluck Jonathan is for him not to conceive the idea of accepting the Greek gift of 2023 presidency fuelled by a certain persons (with ill intention). While the advice to those clamouring for GEJ"s return (may be wolves in sheep's clothing), should abort that idea of luring GEJ. Let me repeat what I had said before, I like Goodluck Jonathan. But if he contests for 2023, I will not vote for him.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by fubsy: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

He will be caged from his first day in office. The office of the Vice President will be made redundant and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. Even Atiku was caged during OBJ’s second term so who’s El-Rufai??
Do you think if GEJ is president and El-rufai, VP, GEJ will not be impeached in his first 2 years in office and El-rufai made president for the remaining 2 years?
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Deadlytruth(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2021
Kenturkey048:

Well.,, nicely said..But if you say you are judging by northerners tossing him around ,that was because he doesn't wanna look tribal unlike the general in power presently .He was more reasonable..

If you say you judge by deziani's loot,meaning all Nigerian past leaders are weaklings because the looting nor start from am, just that APC then used propaganda finished is tenure..

I don't know about the abba morro's killing , but the killing presently superceeds that of any Nigerian leader in history., And the general in power isn't saying shit....

Per the bolded; any president who deliberately sacrifices his own region's interest just because he wants to appear reasonable and detribalised is a very naive person who has not learnt anything from Nigeria's political history as experience has consistently shown since 1960 that there is no extent to which you may act detribalised and still not be termed a tribalist and viewed with suspicion.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by brown3: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Tinubu is what we need in this country

Fellow Nigerians let’s forgive that man....he has his flaws but he’s still the best man to make this country a bit stable and fit ...he’s intelligent and has a wonderful team working around him.

Let’s take out sentiment and bias
I’m not a jagaban fan
But we need to look at our problems holistically and see who’s fit for the job.

I come in peace ✌�
he brought all these mess to Nigerians
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Onuoha1234(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
We forget so easily DIVINE INTERVENTION! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.But "that Day will come añd pass.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by zoomzoom(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=Mysticwebb post=99273952]Why is this Tinubu's newspaper carrying this propaganda on their head?
Something that GEJ has even maturely denied.
Leave 2023 matter for 2023 and focus on 2021 issue, which is the monster called killer herdsmen ravaging the country.

Surely you know what's uppermost in TINUBU'S MIND is the 2023 presidency.
HERDSMEN can even KILL his wife, he will not put mouth so as not to OFFEND the CABAL and by extension the CALIPHATE.

UNBRIDLED UTOPIAN AMBITION!!!.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by obidr(m): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
Slickleo:

Me to the South have to be tactical in 2023, I am Igbo and I believe jagaban will be the Best to lead 9ja come 2023

You are not igbo. No sane igbo will say that. We shall vote for Jonathan.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by obidr(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2021
fubsy:
My sincere advice to President Goodluck Jonathan is for him not to conceive the idea of accepting the Greek gift of 2023 presidency fuelled by a certain persons (with ill intention). While the advice to those clamouring for GEJ"s return (may be wolves in sheep's clothing), should abort that idea of luring GEJ. Let me repeat what I had said before, I like Goodluck Jonathan. But if he contests for 2023, I will not vote for him.
I prefer him as long as he is from South South and not South West....We prefer the North retaining the presidency rather than coming to South West.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by obidr(m): 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
brown3:
he brought all these mess to Nigerians
Forget Tinubu or South West in 2023....
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by obidr(m): 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
Rubbiish:

True!
But will the south ever be united to pull this through? Obviously no! Northerners are more united when it comes to politics & that is why they are always winning & will keep on winning!

The South can be United by acknowledging Justice & equity which is queueing behind South East and supporting the region for President. Anything asides this, shows that we are not ready to be United.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
blinking001:
God forbid bad thing.....Jonathan coming back to contest in 2023? God forbid....never again will Nigerians hand over their future and that of their children into the hands of an ineffectual buffoon...never again will Nigerians hand over their future and that of their unborn generations into the hands of an Ogogoro drinking tout..A man that can't control the excesses of his wife..never..stale on arrival..a man that is partly responsible for the pain we are going through now...never...
You know nothing about Nigeria, the only thing you know was what was fed to you during campaign. Those in power knows better now, that is while they are scouting for him. They know that 80% of whatever they accused him of, were lies
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Jman06(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Jonathan should be very wary of APC and their agents who want to set him up for disgrace!

He should remain in PDP and even if he didn't fly the party's flag in 2023, he should remain in the party and play his roles as an elder statesman from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by aviara: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
blinking001:
God forbid bad thing.....Jonathan coming back to contest in 2023? God forbid....never again will Nigerians hand over their future and that of their children into the hands of an ineffectual buffoon...never again will Nigerians hand over their future and that of their unborn generations into the hands of an Ogogoro drinking tout..A man that can't control the excesses of his wife..never..stale on arrival..a man that is partly responsible for the pain we are going through now...never...

Oga clean your mouth. The Buhari u supported in 2015 as messiah is responsible for our present mess. Jona is coming to clean up the mess u facilitated in 2015
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by wolexter(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
We really must be jokers in this country o. Ehen, why should the idea of Jonathan coming back to rule be considered by any reasonable Nigerian when dude was a failure just like his successor? Are we saying there aren't more competent younger people who can rule this country well? I tire for una for this we country o
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by AbujaCitiBlog: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
CasNova:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/2023-cracks-in-jonathans-camp/amp/
And only Tinubus Newspaper the Nation,noticed the cracks and knows all the intrigues! Hehehehehe! Tinubu try harder!
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by aviara: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
fubsy:

We want Jonathan or any other candidate from south east else the north should continue ruling us. Tinubu should contest for senate, we will support him to be senate president
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by aviara: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
wolexter:
We really must be jokers in this country o. Ehen, why should the idea of Jonathan coming back to rule be considered by any reasonable Nigerian when dude was a failure just like his successor? Are we saying there aren't more competent younger people who can rule this country well? I tire for una for this we country o

In Nigeria politics, people we expect to perform so well end up being a major disaster. On this premise, I believe Tinubu will be worse than Buhari
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by aviara: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
tunjijones:

Why are you idiotss like this. So anyone that doesnt support Jonathan is automatically in support of Buhari...

Like i told the other guy... I even think Buhari is dead.

And for you information i never supported Buhari and his admin and i will never support them.

U didn't support Jonathan because u didn't value or appreciate his leadership style but today we know better. U don't know the value of what u have until you lose it.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by UltimateSpice: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
The North which the South continues to think is less sophisticated is far more adroit in playing politics. The North will always use the South against one another.

With all it's 'sophistication' until the South is matured enough to realize this and to be a step ahead, it will continue to be manipulated.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by Itz2019: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
The way politics is played in this country has made me to believe that the north has no atom of respect for the South. But they should bear in mind that what goes up must surely come back
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by aviara: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2021
Only Yoruba's don't want to agree and accept the fact that their choice of Buhari in 2015 was a poor and bad decision. They would rather say Jona and Buahri are both failures. Only Yoruba's will say the ministers who served under Jonathan did very well and achieved so much but Jonathan himself didnt do anything or achieve anything....HYPOCRISY in capital letters.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by frankson1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
athaboi:
Jonathan? Jonathan?? Jonathan How many time did I call? You better respect yourself jeje in your house and rest for you have come to the climax of your career, anything shot of that is tantamount to a big regret! Thank you

It's very possible that he might be given the ticket if this story is true. But the problem I have is the games the North is trying to play. They want to get back to power after 4 years and so they want Mr. Jonathan. You're right by saying, "he will regret " because they will turn the gun nozzle to him.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by ofiko123(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
2023 will be interesting, we wait to see who eventually wins..
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by LordOfTheGame: 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Jonathan can never be that stupid to accept that king Greek Gift from the North.
I repeat, never will he be stupid to accept that.
Re: 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp by TechSkill: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

You actually expect Jonathan to come out publicly to confirm that he’s joining APC? He will keep denying till he eventually joins the party.

Personally, I will welcome him to APC with open hands. The more the merrier. Power must return to the south in 2023 anyhow they want it. However, the south must maintain the power for at least 8 years. It is now left for southern leaders to put their heads together and outplay the north in their game. Jonathan will be extremely stupid to hand over power to the north after four years if he ever becomes the president again in 2023.
extremely stupid you say? Jonathan does not have a mind of his own but why do you suddenly care about the South? You didn't know about this when you were romancing Buhari in hope that your Tinubu will be next? Now that it is has become crystal clear Tinubu is not getting the ticket, you suddenly care about Southern Unity...

The North is not done. If GEJ gets the ticket, wait for him to be stupid again... that man does not have a mind of his own and he may just accept the offer solely to deny Tinubu the ticket.

You see how the North plays their own game? They set you up against your own brother and will use the crack between both of you to push their agenda.

I remember reading that it was a Northern elite that sold the idea to Tinubut to support PMB... who knows what meetings had been held before they sent him to go and convince Tinubu? The South will eternerly remain stupid and politically backward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid / Lagos Ibadan Railway - An Attempt To Rewrite History / Akeredolu Sacks Aides To Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.