Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity (307 Views)

PDP To APC: Where Is Buhari’s Rice Pyramid, You Owe Nigerians Explanation / Buhari Really Scammed Nigerians(photo) / Osun Election - Davido Begs Buhari: 'You Are Man Of Integrity Sir, Please Do..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Scentofawoman: 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, I can't but still think of Buhari as a man of integrity. I know most people by now will have my head for this but I think what we have is a problem of capacity and the hijacking of the government by a powerful cabal. Yeah, I know the buck stops at his table. No excuses.

There is one last test though that will finally lay it to rest in my mind. I am really curious to find out if he had any integrity in the real sense of the word to start with.

GEJ pretty much bungled everything he could as President but one thing that almost single-handedly washed his numerous sins away was that famous call proving that he meant his statement that his ambition was not worth the life of any Nigerian.

I cited this example because Buhari can still prove something with his last acts as President.

I remember vividly how Bisi Akande and Bola Tinubu met severally with Buhari to form APC. I remember the help they rendered to help him win the election. I know they must have had an agreement. I can't wait to see if he will honour that agreement. A man of integrity will surely keep his word. Honouring that agreement is not strictly supporting Tinubu for me except that is exactly what it says. It will be supporting anyone that comes from that political tendency.

I personally will, against all odds, still regard Buhari as a man of his words if he is able to pull this off against what will surely be the wishes of his political bloc.
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Furbish(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nope!

If you are to affirm integrity, it make sense to demonstrate it in keeping to your words and the oaths you take in the public square. In the days of our forebears gone by, oaths are not even written down and men keep them. This is integrity.

Buhari's morality and soundness of character has been tested in the following areas and he has failed:

1. He could not keep to his very words; "I belong to nobody" But he's now a Fulani president for the Fulanis all over West Africa and subregions where Fulanis are found

2. He is full of nepotism and has never disguised that. I need not explain how he thinks all appointments must go to the Fulanis

3. As a general, insurgency has conquered him; he has severally accepted defeat in the face of Boko Haram's, bandits' and herdsmens' cruel slaughter of his helpless citizens. He even disarmed the citizens by asking us to return our guns and licences but terrorists roam free with sophisticated AK-47

4. He shows no sympathy for the unlucky in IDP camps in Nigeria, yet he saves face by being a merciful African leader abroad.

5. He's known as an anticorruption Czar, yet under him, corruptive tendencies and manifestations can never be compared to any.before him.

And many more...
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Never4getU: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
grin sad shocked

Deceive urself

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Scentofawoman: 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2021
Furbish:
Nope!

If you are to affirm integrity, it make sense to demonstrate it in keeping to your words and the oaths you take in the public square. In the days of our forebears gone by, oaths are not even written down and men keep them. This is integrity.

Buhari's morality and soundness of character has been tested in the following areas and he has failed:

1. He could not keep to his very words; "I belong to nobody" But he's now a Fulani president for the Fulanis all over West Africa and subregions where Fulanis are found

2. He is full of nepotism and has never disguised that. I need not explain how he thinks all appointments must go to the Fulanis

3. As a general, insurgency has conquered him; he has severally accepted defeat in the face of Boko Haram's, bandits' and herdsmens' cruel slaughter of his helpless citizens. He even disarmed the citizens by asking us to return our guns and licences but terrorists roam free with sophisticated AK-47

4. He shows no sympathy for the unlucky in IDP camps in Nigeria, yet he saves face by being a merciful African leader abroad.

5. He's known as an anticorruption Czar, yet under him, corruptive tendencies and manifestations can never be compared to any.before him.

And many more...

I honestly can't fault your submissions. Honestly. You are spot on about where his allegiance should lie. Well, I just feel it will take even more from his already battered image if he reneges on that agreement. Not that I give a rat's ass about Tinubu or any one of that bloc. Maybe a little about Osinbajo or Fashola if they can be counted as part of the bloc but definitely not Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by GamalNasser: 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
LOW IQ

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Monogamy: 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
He may not have been responsive to some of the insecurities in the country, but I think his integrity still stand based on other issues he and his government have been handling well

The recent kidnappings in North is just a chess game between some military officers, some cabinet members of the FG and state politicians of where the kidnappings are happening...

To them it's just a game to undermine whoever..

The dislodged ex service chiefs are more like being relieved untimely...

If there are no infiltration in Nigeria army, Boko haram, bandits and killer herdsmen would have been a thing of the past but...............
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by Scentofawoman: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Monogamy:
He may not have been responsive to some of the insecurities in the country, but I think his integrity still stand based on other issues he and his government have been handling well

The recent kidnappings in North is just a chess game between some military officers, some cabinet members of the FG and state politicians of where the kidnappings are happening...

To them it's just a game to undermine whoever..

The dislodged ex service chiefs are more like being relieved untimely...

If there are no infiltration in Nigeria army, Boko haram, bandits and killer herdsmen would have been a thing of the past but...............

But those lopsided appointments....aaaarrrrrrgh!!! They get on my nerves.
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by 400billionman: 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2021
Tribal Bigot speaking grammar.

That is if hunger allows you see 2023.

Anybody comparing Jonathan with Buhary is mentally unstable.
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by lx3as(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
From just the below write up, you should be able to conclude who Buhari is:

... The heads of Finance ministry, the Financial regulatory bodies, Financial revenue generating agencies, enforcement, taxations, etc. are concentrated in one zone of the country. Ministry offinance, NNPC, Custom, NPA, FIRS, AMCON, NDIC, EFCC, etc,

Don't let us even talk about Justice, the
military and others. The southern politicians
and appointees are very myopic, Unconcerned
and selfish. They don't even know that they
are to represent the people and their interests.
The states house of assemblies should be
able to object to these if federal
representatives will do nothing about this
rubbish; there is nothing like federal character,
it's a deception to put Southerners in
perpetual backseats and backwardness.

Just look at the composition of the National
Security Council; 9 out of 11 members are
from the North. We're having these security
problems because the south and their inputs
are taking for granted. A former governor of
Ogun state, Gen. Olofinmoyin(Rtd.) raised this
recently....
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by ShackWes(f): 3:34am On Feb 22, 2021
If I slap you ehn?

Integrity my yansh
Re: Is Buhari Really A Man Of Integrity by seunlayi(m): 3:37am On Feb 22, 2021
he was never a man of integrity. A coupist, later packages but Tinubu and co and even at that, all the happenings around him lacks integrity from his campaign to his over 5½yrs in office.

12% intergrity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Relationship With Buhari Still Very Cordial- Oshiomhole / Fulani Carry Your Cows And Malnourished Self And Leave The South West / BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo To Receive COVID-19 Vaccines Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.