Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year (25655 Views)

Iyabo Ojo Wins ₦250,000 As Best Dressed Female At The 14th Headies Award / Headies: Wizkid, Davido And Others Wins But See Who Is Boss Of All / Davido Wins Artiste Of The Year At Headies 2018 Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:05am On Feb 22, 2021
michaelpop50:

Be realistic, wizkid time done pass bro. Last year he didn't drop any powerful song. Pay attention to this year, he won't drop any powerful song too. He done complete 10 years, he nor fit hot again.

But he old glory go still fetch am award for maybe two more years.

We all have our individual preferences. But saying "being realistic"... I believe there were processes before the awards were given, and this clearly removes the issue of individual biases or sentiments since the awards were not given on the account of an individual alone. You may not like his personality or his kind of music, but you can't deny him of his well deserved award and recognition.

Only last year amongst other tracks; he did Blessed ft D. Marley, Ginger ft Burna B, No stress, Smile ft H.E.R, Opo ft 2baba and still counting. Yet you say im time don pass?

With all the challenges of last year (COVID-19 year).
How many artists can boast of 8 good tracks last year?

Personally, Wizkid is among the few artists in Nigeria I can play their songs over and over again. His voice alone just like 2baba is enough for me..... good music nor be d one wey dem play for club or beer parlor pass. There is more to music than "ice on my wrist...."

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Goodnigga: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2021
DeMonk:
Wizkid vs Davido be like Messi vs Ronaldo both are great but I pick Wizkid over Davido anyway. Dude is talented in a unique way.
talented with wack songs
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Ihatethemods: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
Well deserved.

Meanwhile, Watch full highlight of the 2021 Headies Award, see all the winners for the different categories and their mind blowing performances, all in HD Quality . Watch below �

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4w1qawLOnM
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
Patriotic9ja:

We all have our individual preferences. But saying "being realistic"... I believe there were processes before the awards were given, and this clearly removes the issue of individual biases or sentiments since the awards were not given on the account of an individual alone. You may not like his personality or his kind of music, but you can't deny him of his well deserved award and recognition.

Only last year amongst other tracks; he did Blessed ft D. Marley, Ginger ft Burna B, No stress, Smile ft H.E.R, Opo ft 2baba and still counting. Yet you say im time don pass?

With all the challenges of last year (COVID-19 year).
How many artists can boast of 8 good tracks last year?

Personally, Wizkid is among the few artists in Nigeria I can play their songs over and over again. His voice alone just like 2baba is enough for me..... good music nor be d one wey dem play for club or beer parlor pass. There is more to music than "ice on my wrist...."

All the sons you mentioned, na only ginger hot. Fans una too dey ignorant sha. Observe this year, you go see say wizkid nor go still hot. Burna boy songs for rhis year go hot pass he own

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by ManOfCompetence(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
rocknation62:
I listen to good music,I don’t beef,I’m a BIG fan of Davido but Burna Deserves it. The award Davido Won of recent (GOLD RECORD)Pass Headies no African Artist Don win am before not even FELA.
which award is Gold record you will just be typing trash....One of davido's song was certified gold in the US ....based on the number of streams it has acquired...get your facts straight

3 Likes

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Acidiously: 9:51am On Feb 22, 2021
post=99304444:

STARBOY dey for you, for you, for you you you.

A song glorifying fraud and fraudsters is what you called content filled?
A song shouting if you see EFCC, run away,
If you see Maga, steal his or her money.
A song shouting run am run am run am.

Naija youths, which way forward for una
Sigh

Danceable? Yes, 100%
Content filled? content kee am dere!

Lol cheesy.
It used to be Yahooze back then.
Now it's Cashapp!!
Orisirisi something.

Crime doesn't pay!
Please be useful to yourself and tune to radio BIAFRA because your tormentor general mazi Nnamdi Kanu is currently live on air giving your likes lecture
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Kaymansion(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2021
Congratulations Wizkid but wait oo what about Davido also known as papa Ifeanyi
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by rocknation62(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

which award is Gold record you will just be typing trash....One of davido's song was certified gold in the US ....based on the number of streams it has acquired...get your facts straight

If e no be award Abeg Wetin e be? You wey no dey type trash Weather it’s one of his songs,album or whatsoever,which person don break that record for Africa? Get your fact right man
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by emmyrate1(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2021
Coldie:
If we were to be sincere wizkid doesn't deserve that award, it's Burna boy who does.

Wetin wizkid sing last year?

His only song that made sense ginger ft burna boy no reach any of the songs for burna boy twice as tall album
don't forget he got the best selling album last year
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by tunize(m): 10:23am On Feb 22, 2021
post=99304444:

Sigh

Danceable? Yes, 100%

Lol cheesy.
Now it's Cashapp!!
Orisirisi something.

Crime doesn't pay!
Its like that guy nor know the meaning of content based
So if you get sure client lock am, if e nor get money live am or na vision 2020 ppl are so funny well his opinion.
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by kushercain: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2021
rocknation62:
I listen to good music,I don’t beef,I’m a BIG fan of Davido but Burna Deserves it. The award Davido Won of recent (GOLD RECORD)Pass Headies no African Artist Don win am before not even FELA.

Look at this ewu!! He say na gold award. I assume you're talking of the gold certification his song got by the RIAA a couple of days back? For your information Wizkid has more songs certified gold even Burna has more song certified than David.
Educate your self and stop hating greatness. STARBOY dey for youuuu grin

3 Likes

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by temi1290: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2021
Coldie:
If we were to be sincere wizkid doesn't deserve that award, it's Burna boy who does.

His only song that made sense ginger ft burna boy no reach any of the songs for burna boy twice as tall album

You can imagine, even Mayor deserves it than Wizkid
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Coronavirus84: 10:46am On Feb 22, 2021
lekki1444:
I throway salute oooooo my Aguda brethrens. united we stand divided we fall.
My brother. We move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Starberg(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2021
post=99304444:

Sigh

Danceable? Yes, 100%

Lol cheesy.
Now it's Cashapp!!
Orisirisi something.

Crime doesn't pay!

Guy watin I do you now? Sebi Omalay don win. Make I relax now
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by RealEzee(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2021
Coldie:

Davido has the highest number of fans in the Nigerian music industry.

Population dae him side and people like the guy well well
by what stats if I may ask? Hope you're not implying IG followers cos that's not a guarantee as it shows that the likes of Wizkid's MIL and Burna TAT are faring well in streams on various platforms as compared to David's ABT,hence having more IG followers isn't a yardstick or rather some sort of assurance,no stress.

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by lugo99(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2021
silence is golden... machala for Grammy. no cap

2 Likes

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by RealEzee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
michaelpop50:

He is declining. His music is not playing everywhere like before. Pay attention. It happened like this to 2face, Psquare and 9ice. Observe this year too
the stats prove you wrong, Wizkid music and mass appeal isn't declining, rather its going global, check charts, check volume on streaming platform all over, wizkid is doing just great .

It debuted at no 15 at UK Albums Charts with over 4000 album equivalents unit, and no. 80 on the US Billboard 200.
The album also scored the biggest debut ever by an album on Youtube NG which is the highest total views by an artsite in a week. Making a reentry into the chart, after it peaked at #2 and has now spent 8 non-consecutive weeks on the chart, it is the only charting African album on the chart.

Source:https://tooxclusive.com/wizkids-made-in-lagos-makes-return-to-billboard-world-albums-charts/

A check on the Apple Music as of February 10, showed Wizkid’s most-streamed albums as follows:
Superstar – 18, 583, 677,
Soundman Vol. 1 – 24, 342, 667,
Ayo – 35, 373, 936,
Made In Lagos – 100, 394, 571,
Sounds From The Other Side – 111, 720, 574.
Source :https://m.guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/wizkids-made-in-lagos-hits-100-million-streams-in-103-days/

It became the first African album to debut on the Spotify Global Album chart, and within the top ten at that. The album surpassed 100 million streams across five platforms nine days after release, a huge milestone for an Afro-pop artist.
Source :Google

Are you still sure Wizkid music is on a decline? grin

2 Likes

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2021
RealEzee:
the stats prove you wrong, Wizkid music and mass appeal isn't declining, rather its going global, check charts, check volume on streaming platform all over, wizkid is doing just great .

It debuted at no 15 at UK Albums Charts with over 4000 album equivalents unit, and no. 80 on the US Billboard 200.
The album also scored the biggest debut ever by an album on Youtube NG which is the highest total views by an artsite in a week. Making a reentry into the chart, after it peaked at #2 and has now spent 8 non-consecutive weeks on the chart, it is the only charting African album on the chart.

Source:https://tooxclusive.com/wizkids-made-in-lagos-makes-return-to-billboard-world-albums-charts/

A check on the Apple Music as of February 10, showed Wizkid’s most-streamed albums as follows:
Ayo – 35, 373, 936,
Source :https://m.guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/wizkids-made-in-lagos-hits-100-million-streams-in-103-days/

It became the first African album to debut on the Spotify Global Album chart, and within the top ten at that. The album surpassed 100 million streams across five platforms nine days after release, a huge milestone for an Afro-pop artist.

All this na old glory bro. His decline started in 2020. Start your observation from 2020 till now and henceforth. The last hit song when wizkid release na Joro.

You see this music business? Once you complete 10 years, you go start a gradual decline. Wizkid completed 10 years in 2019.
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by RealEzee(m): 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
michaelpop50:

All this na old glory bro. His decline started in 2020. Start your observation from 2020 till now and henceforth. The last hit song when wizkid release na Joro.

You see this music business? Once you complete 10 years, you go start a gradual decline. Wizkid completed 10 years in 2019.
do you read at all? All those excerpts are about MIL
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
RealEzee:
do you read at all? All those excerpts are about MIL

Nor worry, you go realize yourself before Christmas. I don't need to read all you wrote.
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Coldie(m): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
RealEzee:
by what stats if I may ask? Hope you're not implying IG followers cos that's not a guarantee as it shows that the likes of Wizkid's MIL and Burna TAT are faring well in streams on various platforms as compared to David's ABT,hence having more IG followers isn't a yardstick or rather some sort of assurance,no stress.
How do u get your stats, faring well in which streams abeg
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by JastSiryin(m): 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2021
rocknation62:
Don't ever mention FELA together with any present Nigerian contemporary artiste. It's even a much bigger crime to make comparisons

. Are you kidding me? Are you comparing an artiste who dishes out forgettable songs to FELA? Who the Bleep cares about gold record?

How many foreign artistes have come to Nigeria just to meet with davido? Paul McCartney of "The Beatles" came to see FELA. Do you know who The Beatles were?

I've got nothing but love for Davido but he aint at that level. The bar is really low now as far as gaining recognition is concerned. Most of today's artiste are average
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by RealEzee(m): 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Coldie:

How do u get your stats, faring well in which streams abeg
go and check iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and other streaming platforms, dude even did a YouTube original concert live and got great reception, Google is there to help out, I posted an excerpt in reply to a fellow NLer on this same thread look it up, its not hard.

Wizkid still got mass appeal and he's doing it global now.

Wizkid MIL is faring great, leave sentiments aside.
You can prove me wrong with stats if you can ur hands on any let's have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Realhommie(m): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2021
michaelpop50:

All the sons you mentioned, na only ginger hot. Fans una too dey ignorant sha. Observe this year, you go see say wizkid nor go still hot. Burna boy songs for rhis year go hot pass he own
Only Ginger hot to you. Stop belittling someone's efforts because they're not your preference.

Have you checked the numbers Wizzy's songs and MIL album is doing? The international reviews and and all? Na only Nigerians with their biased judgement think say Wizzy time don pass, dude is getting even bigger and more successful.

When you say "Hot", that's relative. Everybody get how him take like him sound. Make all of una rest abeg.

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Realhommie:
Only Ginger hot to you. Stop belittling someone's efforts because they're not your preference.

Have you checked the numbers Wizzy's songs and MIL album is doing? The international reviews and and all? Na only Nigerians with their biased judgement think say Wizzy time don pass, dude is getting even bigger and more successful.

When you say "Hot", that's relative. Everybody get how him take like him sound. Make all of una rest abeg.

Nor worry, I done save your username. I go mention you in December when the year done end.
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Realhommie(m): 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
RealEzee:

Ayo – 35, 373, 936,

Lol.. No mind some people wey go just open mouth waaaaa dey yarn dust. People who think someone's efforts ain't worth it just coz he's faring better than their favs, hehehehe.

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Realhommie(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
michaelpop50:

Nor worry, I done save your username. I go mention you in December when the year done end.
Continue to dey wait for hit song you hear... E get why Wizzy is all the celebrities fav, go and ask. Hehehehe.

1 Like

Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Temysteve(m): 1:15pm On Feb 22, 2021
Coldie:

Just shut up and go to bed.
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Temysteve(m): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tillatalk:
Davido sings better than wizkid

Headies and joro na 5&6

Modified :my main man burna no even win single award.burna you are bigger than headies Wu dey epp sef

Shout out to fireboy you deserve it bruh I'm one of your biggest fans
he was not bigger when he won the award 2 yrs ago shey, hypocrisy everywhere
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by rocknation62(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
kushercain:

Look at this ewu!! He say na gold award. I assume you're talking of the gold certification his song got by the RIAA a couple of days back? For your information Wizkid has more songs certified gold even Burna has more song certified than David.
Educate your self and stop hating greatness. STARBOY dey for youuuu grin

Which ever it is Gold Certification or whatsoever. Thanks for the correction but O.B.O is still dishing out good music compared to wizkid. No hating bro,wizkid is just living in past glory. He no get hit Abeg
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by rocknation62(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
JastSiryin:
Don't ever mention FELA together with any present Nigerian contemporary artiste. It's even a much bigger crime to make comparisons

. Are you kidding me? Are you comparing an artiste who dishes out forgettable songs to FELA? Who the Bleep cares about gold record?

How many foreign artistes have come to Nigeria just to meet with davido? Paul McCartney of "The Beatles" came to see FELA. Do you know who The Beatles were?

I've got nothing but love for Davido but he aint at that level. The bar is really low now as far as gaining recognition is concerned. Most of today's artiste are average

Which yeye crime dey dere? Fine FELA did absolutely well during his time & till date his music is still everywhere in the world. The fact still remains nobody in Africa I repeat not even FELA beats that. Let stop hating bro,dis dude is doing fine
Re: 14th Headies: Wizkid Wins Artiste Of The Year by Athemisia: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
timibare:
To be honest he doesn't deserve it....with those funny lyrics she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say she tell me say Ina Ina Ina ina Ina Ina Ina ina Ina Ina Ina ina Ina Ina Ina ina Ina Ina Ina ina

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Thin Tall Tony And His Children / Purity Okojie 6th Birthday: Mercy Johnson Celebrates Daughter / Mercy Johnson And Prince Odi Okojie Celebrate Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.