Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan (1033 Views)

I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / Plane Carrying Coronavirus Supplies To Japan Crashes & Explodes, Eight Dead / Planned Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 6:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,
I need your advice badly to make an important decision.
Please your input will be highly appreciated.

I applied for a visa to travel to Japan in 2019 but it wasn't successful, so I forgot about it and focused on other stuff I was doing before that.

At the moment I have very good prospects and I'm very hopeful that my business would hit pay dirt very soon. I'm quite confident about that.

Now, sometime last year, a senior friend and brother who I respect asked me to send him my passport to be used in processing a Japanese visa for me. Incidentally, he was also involved in the first travel arrangements that failed.
Although I wasn't too keen on the idea by this time because I had my sights set on the project I was working on, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful to someone who was going out of his way to help; so I sent my passport thinking it wasn't going to click like the others.

But it worked out this time, I just received word today that the visa is out, in fact, I've received the soft copy via email.
Sadly, the visa was issued in the "AS TEMPORARY VISITOR" category which means that I cannot stay beyond 90 days, or work during the period.
It is purely a tourist/business visa.
When I expressed my reservations about this to my benefactor, he simply said that I should use the visa to get to Japan first, and find my way from there.
I'm not an immigration expert but I know enough to understand that I'll have to live like a fugitive if I violate the conditions of my visa, not to mention the risk of incarceration and deportation.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a pessimist or a coward, I guess I'm just trying to put my best feet forward, and minimise risks.

This has left me with mixed feelings and utter confusion.
I need good advise please.

So my questions to the "been to's" in the house are:
1. What are my chances of staying beyond my visitors visa and having it regularised into a work visa?

2. What are the risks of overstaying my visa?

3. Do I have great opportunities and prospects in Japan?

4. What skill set do I need to be employable in Japan?

Please kindly treat as urgent and important.

Thanks for your time and attention.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Danielomisco(m): 6:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Bro Japaaaaaaaaaa to Japann!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by uchman(m): 5:01am On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry:
Hello Nairalanders,

I applied for a visa to travel to Japan in 2019 but it wasn't successful, so I forgot about it and focused on other stuff I was doing before that.

At the moment I have very good prospects and I'm very hopeful that my business would hit pay dirt very soon. I'm quite confident about that.

Now, sometime last year, a senior friend and brother who I respect asked me to send him my passport to be used in processing a Japanese visa for me. Incidentally, he was also involved in the first travel arrangements that failed.
Although I wasn't too keen on the idea by this time because I had my sights set on the project I was working on, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful to someone who was going out of his way to help; so I sent my passport thinking it wasn't going to click like the others.

But it worked out this time, I just received word today that the visa is out, in fact, I've received the soft copy via email.
Sadly, the visa was issued in the "AS TEMPORARY VISITOR" category which means that I cannot stay beyond 90 days, or work during the period.
When I expressed my reservations about this to my benefactor, he simply said that I should use the visa to get to Japan first, and find my way from there.
I'm not an immigration expert but I know enough to understand that I'll have to live like a fugitive if I violate the conditions of my visa, not to mention the risk of incarceration and deportation.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a pessimist or a coward, I guess I'm just trying to put my best feet forward, and minimise risks.

1. What are my chances of staying beyond my visitors visa and having it regularised into a work visa?

Japan embassy issuing visa?
You can deal on used Automobile parts and you wont regret it...
Please tell me the process you took to get your Visa and documents submitted.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by pocohantas(f): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2021
I hope this thread makes it to FP.

Any young Nigerian who wants to leave this country LEGALLY should be encouraged by all and sundry. At the rate Buhari is going, I suspect he plans to trap all of us inside here, so run before he locks the gate.

In the next few years, only these Nigerians would be remaining inside Nigeria;
1)People who do not have the wherewithal.
2)People who have tried and have been unsuccessful.
3)The upper middle class. These ones don’t see the need to go start afresh somewhere else, they survive well here and can easily lock themselves out of 60% of Nigeria’s problem, while traveling around the world.
4)The rich who majority benefit from the state of this country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Bodyodour: 8:38am On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry:
Hello Nairalanders,

1)I don't know

2) deportation and ban, I guess.

3) yes, but you need to learn their language.

4) IT skills. And if you have your TEFL certification plus 12 years proof of learning via English, you can get an English teaching job. This requirements is only for non native English teachers
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Sterope(f): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry

Don't go!
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Queenslander(f): 9:07am On Feb 23, 2021
If you ask me, I think you should go. Test and see first, Cause this country is hopeless..
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Mindlog: 9:13am On Feb 23, 2021
Nigeria as it is presently today, is depression inducing. Anyone who have the opportunity to legally relocate to another Country with better prospects should not delay with the move.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2021
uchman:

Japan embassy issuing visa?
You can deal on used Automobile parts and you wont regret it...
Please tell me the process you took to get your Visa and documents submitted.

Tnx for your advice bro.
I noticed you sent me a mail. Unfortunately I can’t access that now, so perhaps you could drop me your whatsapp number and I will hit you up.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2021
Bodyodour:

1)I don't know

2) deportation and ban, I guess.

3) yes, but you need to learn their language.

4) IT skills. And if you have your TEFL certification plus 12 years proof of learning via English, you can get an English teaching job. This requirements is only for non native English teachers
Many thanks for your feedback.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2021
pocohantas:
I hope this thread makes it to FP.

Any young Nigerian who wants to leave this country LEGALLY should be encouraged by all and sundry. At the rate Buhari is going, I suspect he plans to trap all of us inside here, so run before he locks the gate.

In the next few years, only these Nigerians would be remaining inside Nigeria;
1)People who do not have the wherewithal.
2)People who have tried and have been unsuccessful.
3)The upper middle class. These ones don’t see the need to go start afresh somewhere else, they survive well here and can easily lock themselves out of 60% of Nigeria’s problem, while traveling around the world.
4)The rich who majority benefit from the state of this country.

Succinct as always. Gracias!
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2021
Danielomisco:
Bro Japaaaaaaaaaa to Japann!
Your enthusiasm is making me giddy.
Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:34am On Feb 23, 2021
Sterope:
Freemasonry

Don't go!
You kept it really brief. Please more details will be appreciated.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2021
Queenslander:
If you ask me, I think you should go. Test and see first, Cause this country is hopeless..
You have a really valid point.
Tnx.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2021
Mindlog:
Nigeria as it is presently today, is depression inducing. Anyone who have the opportunity to legally relocate to another Country with better prospects should not delay with the move.
I thank you.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Nicoswit(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2021
You can go to check out the place but never try to overstay your visa, you will regret it
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Sterope(f): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2021
Your future in japan is too uncertain. Don't fall for luck BS. It is too big a risk imo.

You definitely don't want to live like a fugitive or a prisoner for a good number of years. You can't move around freely. Friends and employers will take advantage of your illegal status, you will feel like shit. You will be forced to move around with people without questionable morals because of survival.

Freemasonry:

You kept it really brief. Please more details will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Opperwezen(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2021
If your plan is to stay there illegally or overstay your visa you would fail woefully at it! Since Japan is a very homogeneous society a black illegal immigrant would never go unnoticed.

I would advise you go there and test the waters during the duration of your visa, if it fits then you can plan a second trip or extend your stay.

Speaking the host's country's language would open countless doors for you, learn it!

Mind you if you get deported you wont be allowed back into Japan for another 5 to 10 years.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 10:56am On Feb 23, 2021
For those who tried to reach out to me via email, I regret that I cannot access the email at the moment.
But I’m grateful for the effort you’ve made and would welcome the opportunity to interact.
You can either mail me instead at this address:
profitwithinternet@gmail.com or drop your whatsapp number.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by rafosky1: 11:05am On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry:
Hello Nairalanders,

My advice is simple.

Make sure you have something here to fall back to if things do not work out over there. Life itself is an adventure so go out there and see things for yourself. Our destinies do not lay on the same part. The grass is not always greener on the other side does not apply to everyone.

Those questions you have asked can only be answered better by someone who knows the system over there. I dont. But i know you are a hustler so i tell you, go and see Tokyo. There is a world of possibilities out there. Goodluck and bon voyage!

4 Likes

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Danielomisco(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry:

Your enthusiasm is making me giddy.
Thanks bro.
welcme baba

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
If the Visa is a short stay, do according to the Visa terms (remember you're in another man's land). Japan have different category of Visa and each with their requirements and duration.

1. Anyone can overstay, it's their choice but, there each country with her consequences.

2. For Overstayers

stipulates that any overstayer may be
put into custody, deported from Japan
and will be rejected to enter in Japan
for at least 5 years after the date of
deportation.

3. S T E M ( science, technology, engineering and Mathematics ) are good field.

4. Good technical and engineering skills would help.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by TheBill(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
Freemasonry:
For those who tried to reach out to me via email, I regret that I cannot access the email at the moment.
But I’m grateful for the effort you’ve made and would welcome the opportunity to interact.
You can either mail me instead at this address:
profitwithinternet@gmail.com or drop your whatsapp number.

Hi Freemasonry
Please, Add me up on +2348132138153
I need some details from you..
thanks
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
Japan has opportunities, dont relent cus God will make a way!
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Alexbaby12(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
Is better you go and have experience..
I think you w'd survive if you manage to enroll in language school over there, they'd help in either changing the visa status or give you guideline on what to do.
Secondly, stepping your feet their the first time, and having obeyed their visa dictates, w'd give you a good opportunity to secure another type of Visa for longer stay, that's if you must return at the exustion of this present visa...
Please go, do not allow this opportunity to pass you by..good luck.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
Nicoswit:
You can go to check out the place but never try to overstay your visa, you will regret it
Thank you for your advice.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
rafosky1:

My advice is simple.

Make sure you have something here to fall back to if things do not work out over there. Life itself is an adventure so go out there and see things for yourself. Our destinies do not lay on the same part. The grass is not always greener on the other side does not apply to everyone.

Those questions you have asked can only be answered better by someone who knows the system over there. I dont. But i know you are a hustler so i tell you, go and see Tokyo. There is a world of possibilities out there. Goodluck and bon voyage!
Much appreciated bro. Gracias!
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
If the Visa is a short stay, do according to the Visa terms (remember you're in another man's land). Japan have different category of Visa and each with their requirements and duration.

1. Anyone can overstay, it's their choice but, there each country with her consequences.

2. For Overstayers

stipulates that any overstayer may be
put into custody, deported from Japan
and will be rejected to enter in Japan
for at least 5 years after the date of
deportation.

3. S T E M ( science, technology, engineering and Mathematics ) are good field.

4. Good technical and engineering skills would help.
Thanks a lot.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ninisun:
Japan has opportunities, dont relent cus God will make a way!
Thanks.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by Freemasonry: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
Alexbaby12:
Is better you go and have experience..
I think you w'd survive if you manage to enroll in language school over there, they'd help in either changing the visa status or give you guideline on what to do.
Secondly, stepping your feet their the first time, and having obeyed their visa dictates, w'd give you a good opportunity to secure another type of Visa for longer stay, that's if you must return at the exustion of this present visa...
Please go, do not allow this opportunity to pass you by..good luck.
I appreciate your insight, thanks.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan by blackboy(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
Japan is a great country. One of the best in the world.
When you get there do your findings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Squandered My Money In Dubai / How Can I Get A UK Visa As An Unemployed Nigerian ? / Is It Advisable To Travel With Full Tank In Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.