Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years (31494 Views)

Migos Rapper Takeoff Dead At 28, Shot In Houston Texas / {full Download} Daft Punk Random Access Memories Album. / Psquare Splits As Peter Okoye Announced New Stage Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by premiumdomains: 8:42am On Feb 23, 2021
zeemahn:

Abel doesn't need Grammy, Grammy needs Abel. I can't find the appropriate words with enough descriptive power to express how legendry The Weeknd is.

Imagine Beyonce packing many Grammy that same year. Who hear her song?

Honestly the weeknd is one of the G.O.A.T.S.....Guy is amazing !
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Wunna: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2021
deepwater:

Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers
Deepwaters... Sounds like the moniker is inspired by a really deep hole... I hope it is still tight and slippery tho
What do i know? embarassed
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by drmikeadams(m): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2021
Khayceeofficial:
*ucking loved these guys...

Their collaboration with pharell Williams was kitty back then.

grin grin

Loose ur self to dance....
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by iamademorlar(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2021
zeemahn:
Those who listen to The Weeknd will definitely know Daft Punk. Guy Manuel and Gassafalstein. They did Starboy, I feel it coming, Lost in the fire, Odd look etc with The Weeknd. They also played a huge role in "My Dear Melancholy" Album where they produced some sick beats in Hurt You and I Was Never There.

Wondered why they were not involved in his last album - After Hours. A rift between the duo probably prevented them from reaching a deal with The Weeknd.

The Weeknd + Daft Punk has always been a match made in heaven. Hopefully, collaborations with Gassafalstein will still be a thing in the future because he has been the guy working more closely with The Weeknd to produce most of those hit tracks.

You so on point
My favorite from the EP 'my dear melancholy is
I was never there
The last verse is really deep
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by virago(f): 9:57am On Feb 23, 2021
FvckMynd44:

Their collaborations with the Weeknd has almost 2 billion views on YouTube. That guy no sabi

It's not only by views , some artist don't have as much views but are good as well
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by virago(f): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2021
deepwater:

U ARE STILL A BABY

As a full grown adult female with kids, i was in attendance of the Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers concert at Charing Cross Road (Go figure out when that happened son undecided)

like i said, YOU ARE STILL A BABY

Just so you know, the song - Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers has about half a billion views on Youtube!

If you never came across DAFT PUNK in your entire life, YOU ARE STILL A BABY....

A fool at 40 is a fool for ever!

For a group that was formed in 1993 they are relatively new , what would you say about groups like Duran Duran , A-ha , Alphaville and Chumbawamba , I guess you're the kid here.
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Malawian(m): 11:00am On Feb 23, 2021
Honestly, never heard of them until i saw the news few days ago.
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by FvckMynd44: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2021
zeemahn:

Abel doesn't need Grammy, Grammy needs Abel. I can't find the appropriate words with enough descriptive power to express how legendry The Weeknd is.

Imagine Beyonce packing many Grammy that same year. Who hear her song?

Grammys na big shit na. Even Yummy get nomination. That yeye song grin
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Mitsurugi(m): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2021
deepwater:

U ARE STILL A BABY

As a full grown adult female with kids, i was in attendance of the Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers concert at Charing Cross Road (Go figure out when that happened son undecided)

like i said, YOU ARE STILL A BABY

Just so you know, the song - Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers has about half a billion views on Youtube!

If you never came across DAFT PUNK in your entire life, YOU ARE STILL A BABY....

A fool at 40 is a fool for ever!

So I'm a fool because I've never heard of daft punk? And you have the nerve to call people babies. I won't sink low to insult a daft punk like you, for you're obviously a sad person whose father slept with as a child. Have a nice day. grin
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Ishilove: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
zeemahn:
Those who listen to The Weeknd will definitely know Daft Punk. Guy Manuel and Gassafalstein. They did Starboy, I feel it coming, Lost in the fire, Odd look etc with The Weeknd. They also played a huge role in "My Dear Melancholy" Album where they produced some sick beats in Hurt You and I Was Never There.

Wondered why they were not involved in his last album - After Hours. A rift between the duo probably prevented them from reaching a deal with The Weeknd.

The Weeknd + Daft Punk has always been a match made in heaven. Hopefully, collaborations with Gassafalstein will still be a thing in the future because he has been the guy working more closely with The Weeknd to produce most of those hit tracks.
Their collaboration with The Weeknd made me a fan.

1 Like

Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by IgboWarlord(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
We up all night to get Lucky..We up all night to get lucky...Chai!!!Dem were the days ooo...That song was the bomb mehn...DaftPunk na kings of electro music..Their jam with the Weeknd was smashing too..
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Mryacks: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
Dexterfire:
Legendary electronic music duo, Daft Punk have finally split after 28 years of working together.

https://www.ign.com/articles/daft-punk-legendary-dj-duo-break-up

cc: laslasticala, airmark

Legends! 30 years ain't easy with any sort of partnership.
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2021
ihatebuhari:
So nice. Got so excited last time I saw em downtown LA
u have good back, have checked
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
tellwisdom:
Are they fulanis?
no, herdsmen
Re: Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years by blackjack21(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Seems like most peeps just got to know them due to collaborations with pharrell Williams of the Neptunes or weekend... they did the song " one more time" bk in ard 07 08 ...then stronger bk in early 2000, was still a kid then but I loved watching their videos cos it was animation, so it was like I was watching a cartoon song as a kid bk then ...most of their songs were animated then...

A DJ on my street was playing a nice beat I want and ask him about it, that was how I found their "got lucky" track. after watching the video I fell in love with their costumes also. plus their beat energise me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What does Gongo Aso mean? / Wiz Khalifa – Something New Ft Ty Dolla Sign Download (luvmp) / Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.