Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres (8871 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu / Enugu State Inaugurates New Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centers / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by OEPHIUS(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Enugu govt to commence operations of its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres

…Advertises posts of General Managers

To actualize its policy on skills acquisition and youth empowerment, the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, has called for applications from qualified candidates for appointments as General Managers of the newly established State Tech Hub and Youth Innovation Centres in Enugu Urban and Obollo Afor, Udenu Local Government Area.

A statement by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prof. Simon Uchenna Ortuanya, disclosed that the advertisement for the posts of General Managers was in keeping with the state government’s commitment to the immediate commencement of the two Technology Hubs and Youth Innovation Centres.

Prof. Ortuanya explained that “the General Managers shall be the Chief Executive Officers responsible for the day to day administration of the Enugu State Technology Hubs and Youth Innovation Centres”.

The SSG added that their duties also include managing the business of training youths in the centres; coordinating and directing the Departmental Heads; supervising staff matters and carrying out such other functions as may be delegated to them from time to time by the Supervising Ministry.

He pointed out that a candidate eligible for appointment as General Manager of the centre must possess “a good Honours Degree or its equivalent in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Administration, Management and other related disciplines from a recognized University or other institution of higher learning”.

Prof. Ortuanya who maintained that interested candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years cognate experience in the relevant industry, revealed that “possession of a Master’s degree or post-graduate certificate will be an added advantage”.

The SSG therefore asked qualified and interested candidates to submit in sealed envelopes, their typewritten applications with ten (10) copies of relevant credentials, Curriculum Vitae (CV), two (2) recent photographs, names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the candidate’s present employer, to the Permanent Secretary (General Administration), Office of the Secretary to the State Government, Abuja Building, Government House, Enugu, on or before March 12, 2021.

The statement noted that the sealed envelopes should be marked “Post of General Manager, Enugu State Technology Hub and Innovation Centre” on the top left corner, indicating the preferred centre (Enugu Urban or Obollo Afor).

It highlighted that each referee is to forward a confidential report on the applicant directly to the address above, stating that “the conditions of service are as obtainable in the state’s Public Service System” as “the successful candidates will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the post of General Manager”.

Recall that Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration last year commenced massive construction and renovation of facilities at the centres, a worthwhile venture which the Commissioner for Science and Technology, Hon. Obi Kama, said was initiated by the governor to bring technology-driven innovations down to the grassroots for digital economy.

Hon. Kama disclosed that the target “is to turn Enugu into a Tech tourism state within the next three years by bringing in the best Tech solutions and innovations through localization and consequently increase the state Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by at least 15 percent”.

He added that “the hub also targets to create more than 1,500 small scale tech businesses in the region; employing more than 10,000 youths within the short space of time”, revealing that “the centres will be equipped with computer sets, solar power source, 100 KVA Generator, internet access, training tools and consumables”.

The Commissioner further disclosed that the services to be rendered at the Tech Hub centres for the benefit of the people of Enugu State, especially the youth, include, computer training programmes, solar skills acquisition training, computer coding, web site designs, graphic designs, confectionaries and hands-on technical skills training, among others.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!
#amokelouis
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1381421032201458&id=100010007227700

5 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by NwaNimo1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2021

22 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by lekki1444: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
sad
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Easybela(f): 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nice one coming from 042 while "Hopeless Hope Ozodingba" is busy destroying IMO state

15 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by iceberylin(m): 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nigeria is Finished, imagine the kind of project a State Govt commissioned?
I bet there is no more than 50 laptops there embarassed

If you want to build a Tech Center you do it right or forget it.

This building can’t house 100 people and it’s for a state

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by BCYemz(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
Come back after a month and look at the state of that place. You’ll be like shocked na the same place!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
My dear state making us proud.
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Juicethekid: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Makuka msimba Makuka kakatuka
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by wizkar2003: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Juicethekid: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
nakodii:
b
bastard
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by WINDSOW(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2021
Modern cyber café
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Sheriman(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
We need more of this centre in Nigeria not establishing new glorified secondary school calling it a University up and down

3 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Omo5ato: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
This is a nice initiative
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Uchasa(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Wonderful development!
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Patient29: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
Social media panache Governor. I'm sure Nairaland is on his payroll. Always in the news for mushroom projects!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
Good governance.

Enugu State is Truly in the hands of God.

042 all da way.

God bless Enugu State.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by igbohausayoruba: 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
All Eastern Governors no fit get sense for this earth... Umahi Apart.... stupid fools... I feel kanu should channel his grievances to the Eastern government .... if Dem deh on same track with ebonyi ... nobody for deh complain.... quote me I no go answer u cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by LAXconfidential(m): 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
iceberylin:
Nigeria is Finished, imagine the kind of project a State Govt commissioned?
I bet there is no more than 50 laptops there embarassed

If you want to build a Tech Center you do it right or forget it.

Took the words right outta my mouth!!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Edusouls(m): 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
What would people really be doing there? Because I just see it as some sort of small cyber cafe

2 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by phransix2: 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
042 has been relatively peaceful recently...
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Techgonzo: 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
As a tech guy myself, I must say this: I'M REALLY ASHAMED OF THIS COUNTRY!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by Yxxx: 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
IMM
Re: Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres by iceberylin(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
LAXconfidential:

Took the words right outta my mouth!!
Some people are impressed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed, Dissolves Cabinet / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians / Orumba Group In Enugu Endorses Maduka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.