Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,595 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success (493 Views)

How To Make Money From Reading Books / My Marlians Cult Daughter Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out / Why Reading Under Stress And Tension Can Reduce Your Chance Of Passing Ican Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
At a very young age we are all told that the only way for us to succeed is to read our
books; that if we read well enough our success is guaranteed. Well i think that
supposition is partially wrong and i want to
convince people that reading books alone is
not a sure path to success.

Thes videos explain some major flaws in the
popular supposition that reading alone guarantees success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpUfq-tyqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W7Xbvgu2Jo

1 Like

Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by budaatum: 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
Fair enough, I guess. Don't learn, for that is the meaning of "read your book", which can also be done in various other ways like earning a skill or trade.

Do know that I did not watch the videos because I am reading my books. You remain ignorant please and count your success.
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
There are two sides to a coin. When it comes
to learning; reading is one side of the coin, the other side is Application. I mean that one should not acquire knowledge for knowledge
sake because knowlege is meant to be used.
I am not against reading in particular infact i
love reading; I am against reading books and
not applying the knowledge you gain in real
life situations.
In essence; acquired knowledge is potential
power; Applied Knowledge is real power.
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by budaatum: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ayo13945:
There are two sides to a coin. When it comes
to learning; reading is one side of the coin, the other side is Application. I mean that one should not acquire knowledge for knowledge
sake because knowlege is meant to be used.
I am not againt reading in particular infact i
love reading; I am against reading books and
not applying the knowledge you gain in real
life situations.
In essence acquired knowledge is potential
power; Applied Knowledge is real power.

Exactly. Reading is like data accumulation. You still need to derive knowledge by understanding what you read, then you learn to apply it.

Still, nothing singlehandedly guarantees success. You must do the work to succeed.
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
The guy in the video is an entrepreneur
named Dan Lok in the video he was quoted as
saying "I DON'T READ BOOKS I USE THEM".
He attributes a major part of his succes to
this principle. Anytime he sees a good book
he will ask himself "HOW CAN I USE IT ?".
I think that should be the mentality of every
one before reading; ask yourself how can i
use the knowledge contained in this book.

One of the greatest flaws of the current
educational system is that they teach us how
to acquire knowledge; but not how to use it.

In essence; if one is to become successful
one must not only work for knowledge (which
is what Reading is); one must also learn how
to make knowledge work for them (which is
what Application is).
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by budaatum: 12:03am On Feb 23, 2021
Those who appreciate knowledge will avoid your thread because of the title.

Consider changing it.
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by budaatum: 2:30am On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by femi4: 8:15am On Feb 23, 2021
Knowledge and its application are not the same
Re: Why Reading Books Doesn't Guarantee You Success by dimugonabo: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2021
Reading and practicing greatly increases your chances of success.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa-ibom-state-teachers-shortlisted-candidates-2021 / Unilag Releases Cut Off Mark!!!! / NUC Upgrades Bachelor Of Physiotherapy To Doctor Of Physiotherapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.