Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise (1783 Views)

NLC: We'll Hold Buhari To His Promise Not To Remove Fuel Subsidy / Why I Shouldn't Be Voted In The Next Elections - GEJ / Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by dasa: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
GEJ, is just the man we need. As many celebrate PDP loses, lets not forget the man that made this free and fair process possible, GEJ.

He could have interfered and created a process that will make rigging possible, but he didnt.

This is another reason why he has my vote.

GEJ for president, fashola for governor.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by jason123: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
@OP
IT IS JEGA NOT GEJ!!!! Last week, you were all shouting Jega now you are shhouting GEJ Abegi!
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Ayandaseyi(m): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
Noting is free and fair,
bomb blast here and there,even no one want to vote
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Ayandaseyi(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
Noting is free and fair,
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Ayandaseyi(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Noting is free and fair,
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by efisher(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
As I said when there was a failure, both have the credit,

JEGA: 80% of the credit for conducting the process.
GEJ: 20% of the credit for providing all the resources and support.

Now nobody should dare accuse GEJ of being behind the sabotage. He has proven that he wants a free and fair process. angry
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
You mean CPC, and the USA did not impose Jega on us We should no longer believe all that grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by jason123: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You mean CPC, and the USA did not impose Jega on us??? We should no longer believe all that grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

grin grin grin good one kobo
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Rhino5dm: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
I fancy your memory.

Kobojunkie:

You mean CPC, and the USA did not impose Jega on us We should no longer believe all that grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

But we can't rule out the fact that GEJ made it possible for INEC to have access alll the funds needed for this election. GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDIT.

Even though, I wont be suprise if the PDP cabals try to arm twist him.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Obiagu1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jonathan is the man we need.
He stood by his words, 2011 must be free and fair,
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by marvix(m): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2011
One more reason to vote Goodluck next week
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by jason123: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
Obiagu1:

Jonathan is the man we need.
He stood by his words, 2011 must be free and fair,
marvix:

One more reason to vote Goodluck next week

HABA!!! This is hypocritical!

jason123:

@OP
IT IS JEGA NOT GEJ!!!! Last week, you were all shouting Jega now you are shhouting GEJ Abegi!
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Obiagu1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
jason123:

HABA!!! This is hypocritical!

How is it hypocritical? Jonathan mandated Jega to conduct free and fair elections and Jega almost ruined it.
Jega has almost zero credit for this, if Jonathan does not want a free and fair election, he would interfere.
Give credit to whom credit is due!

Jonathan is the man of the people. My humble vote to him cool
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Rossikk(m): 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
Of course Jonathan deserves multiple praise and commendation for ensuring free and fair elections during his term in office.

Congrats Mr President, and thanks for justifying the confidence reposed in you by Nigerians.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by onyengbu: 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
I dont even understand some people.
So because SOME people blamed Jega last week, everyone must now accept that every credit must go to Jega.

Nairaland is not nigeria, you guys should just learn that.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by dasa: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2011
from the begining, GEJ encouraged people to participate by promising and reminding them that there vote will count. in OBJs time, we knew it will be rigged from his statements like ''it is a do or die affair''.

Lets leave sentiments aside, GEJ cares about the people and he has shown it over and over.
Some say he is weak. what has all the strong men achieved for us so far? strong men like IBB, OBJ, BUHARI, ABACHA. nothing at all.

speaking of Buhari, It annoys me so much when people talk about buhari like he is a saint.

this is a man who staged a coup against an elected government and set the stage for people like IBB and Abacha to come in. He even played a major part in the abacha Government.

For the first time, we have a leader who listens and responds promptly.

On the issue of corruption, some say he cannot fight it. well, if i were him, i will wait till i win the election. i will use all those so called corrupt people during my campaign. these people can mobilise and are more experienced in the electoral process.
After i win, i start cutting ties  and jailing them. i believe that is his plan.

Some say Buhari, will fight corruption,  i doubt it. another new batch of thieves will come in and eat. he will start like OBJ did, then return to status quo shortly after.

Vote wisely, dont vote a strong man, vote a listening man.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Obiagu1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
dasa:

from the begining, GEJ encouraged people to participate by promising and reminding them that there vote will count. in OBJs time, we knew it will be rigged from his statements like ''it is a do or die affair''.

Lets leave sentiments aside, GEJ cares about the people and he has shown it over and over.
Some say he is weak. what has all the strong men achieved for us so far? strong men like IBB, OBJ, BUHARI, ABACHA. nothing at all.

speaking of Buhari, It annoys me so much when people talk about buhari like he is a saint.

this is a man who staged a coup against an elected government and set the stage for people like IBB and Abacha to come in. He even played a major part in the abacha Government.

On the issue of corruption, some say he cannot fight it. well, if i were him, i will wait till i win the election. i will use all those so called corrupt people during my campaign. these people can mobilise and are more experienced in the electoral process.
After i win, i start cutting ties and jailing them. i believe that is his plan.

Some say Buhari, will fight corruption,  i doubt it. another new batch of thieves will come in and eat. he will start like OBJ did, then return to status quo shortly after.

Thank you.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Rossikk(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
dasa said:

After i win, i start cutting ties and jailing them. i believe that is his plan.

Some say Buhari, will fight corruption, i doubt it. another new batch of thieves will come in and eat. he will start like OBJ did, then return to status quo shortly after.

God bless you.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by texazzpete(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
dasa:

After i win, i start cutting ties  and jailing them. i believe that is his plan.

Some say Buhari, will fight corruption,  i doubt it. another new batch of thieves will come in and eat. he will start like OBJ did, then return to status quo shortly after.

Can't you empty barrels tell us the merits of GEJ without viciously attacking his opponents?

If GEJ is to receive the benefit of anything that happens in Nigeria, why are you not blaming him for the insecurity in places like Jos?
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by marvix(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
@texxa, if Buhari becomes president Jos would immediately become secured or what do u want us 2 believe? if u point to jos as a failure what abt his achievement in d ND, as a VP GEJ went into a militants camp with only an aide camp who had a pistol without soldiers just to negotiate peace, incase u don't get d whole pic clearly Buhari contributed to this crisis wen he decided to build refinery in Kaduna while the oil is being produced in Bayelsa, I pray u tell me wat was Goodlucks contribution to d crisis in Jos?
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by bodejohn(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
It is very petty to see the results coming in as the commitment of the presidency to credible elections. What we are witnessing is the collective will of Nigerians to reject the ruling party. I voted in my ward, the first time since 1997, I also saw youths who collected money from PDP and voted according to their consience. All these didn't happen by luck. GEJ and his co travellers dare not interfer in the process lest they have an Egypt or Tunisia on the hands.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by dasa: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Bodejohn, if he interferes, nothing will happen. we are not like the arabs. we want to be alive and see the end. All i am saying is that he set the stage for this to happen.

H e is not perfect, he makes mistakes like all of us, but when he does, he tries to remedy it.

I personally dont like PDP, but if we allow our hate for PDP cost us a sincere leader, na we go still suffer am.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by marvix(m): 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dasa u are on point, some people who won elections 2day on other platforms are d core pdp membas who brought all d mess we are talkin abt 2day and many of them will be decampin back once d elections are over its time we wisen up I chose an individual and dat individual is Goodluck!!!
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by hakanai(m): 12:07am On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ and JEGA kept what? promise!!! undecided
Guys PDP,GEJ,Cabal<eliet and what ever have no choice the people run the show now.Even he likes it or not people are more ready and alert.
If they had there way, they would have done a bad one.Looking at the Nigerian situation.they are left with no choice but credible polls period, else hell breaks lose. undecided shocked wink
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Rossikk(m): 12:23am On Apr 10, 2011
halka naid said:

GEJ and JEGA kept what? promise!!!
Guys PDP,GEJ,Cabal<eliet and what ever have no choice the people run the show now.Even he likes it or not people are more ready and alert.
If they had there way, they would have done a bad one.Looking at the Nigerian situation.they are left with no choice but credible polls period, else hell breaks lose.

Iddiot. When Abacha/IBB/Buhari were rounding you up and executing dissenters, making the rest to shut up and flee into exile, where were you? Not crouching under your table?

Just shut up your trap, or if you must open it, be civil enough to commend the federal govt for moving Nigeria forward in its political evolution.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by EkoIle1: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2011
You want us to off thank them pata because the public officials we pay to do their job are actually doing their job for a change,

This is ridiculous, only in the shallow and silly minds of GEJish gremlins.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

[size=13pt]You want us to off thank them pata because the public officials we pay to do their job are actually doing their job for a change, 
[/size]

This from you , the same you who denied this for years and years on here   shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Beaf: 12:38am On Apr 10, 2011
bodejohn:

It is very petty to see the results coming in as the commitment of the presidency to credible elections. What we are witnessing is the collective will of Nigerians to reject the ruling party. I voted in my ward, the first time since 1997, I also saw youths who collected money from PDP and voted according to their consience. All these didn't happen by luck. GEJ and his co travellers dare not interfer in the process lest they have an Egypt or Tunisia on the hands.

Crap.

If GEJ had it in mind to rig, there is nothing you would have been able to do about it. If he had wanted to continue with the primitive politics of old (ethnic bigotry, zoning etc) and decided to rig to enforce his will, the simple fact is three quarters of the country would have found reason to side with him; being the President, he has unquestioning support from the army (any dissenters would have been ruthlessly purged).

None of the above happened as was the tradition in the past. You might hate GEJ for ethnic, or other petty or bitter reasons, but give the man his due for making our politics more honest and representative, as well as raising the political class of the country. Checkout the foreign media, very positive things are being said of Nigeria, instead of the usual tales of death and 419.

Welldone GEJ, welldone Jega; despite the cowardly bombs, you have been true to your word.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Basseti: 12:41am On Apr 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

You want us to off thank them pata because the public officials we pay to do their job are actually doing their job for a change,  

Shh!!!!!!!

In Nigeria is all about the law of relativity.

In Nigeria we thank PHCN for giving us light.
In Nigeria we thank the garbage men for coming to our streets.
In Nigeria we thank the Govt for any road thats being renovated.
In Nigeria we thank the INEC chairman for at least coming out and apologizing for the postponed elections.

In Nigeria its all about , AT LEAST dem try. Cos we all know it coulda been worse. So abeg no hating
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Basseti: 12:43am On Apr 10, 2011
Beaf:

Crap.

If GEJ had it in mind to rig, there is nothing you would have been able to do about it. If he had wanted to continue with the primitive politics of old (ethnic

The jury is still out on that one, my man.

Its either GEJ is very honest or very helpless and one can argue each point genuinely.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by oderemo(m): 12:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Its either GEJ is very honest or very helpless and one can argue each point genuinely
gbam .gbam.
i hate the pdp, but credit when its due. GEJ AND JEGA are at least doing smething right for a change,
unlike the she - goat obj and mr iwu that would have openly conduct a crooked election and collate result at aso rock and use state nta to announce resul t.
and damn the result.
Re: Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise by Dave6: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2011
I commend our President GEJ, the INEC Chairman and Nigerians for this successful exercise (NASS). As for next week, its GEJ 100%!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahoada Inferno: Princewill Empathizes With Amaechi And Rivers People, Tasks FG / Picture Of Flood In Adamawa-yola / ALUU Becomes A Word In The Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.