Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Open Letter To Our Political Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Our Political Leaders (217 Views)

Where Is Amaechi As Rivers Political Leaders Take Sides In Wike, Fubara Rift? / As An Igbo Man, I'm Deeply Worried About Our Political Naivety / Do Our Political Parties Have Ideologies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Our Political Leaders by AICconnect1: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
Dear Political Leaders,

Aic Abaja...✍️

While we may be busy revalidating our membership cards against 2023, which seem to matter the most over some pressing national issues, we should not forget the killings that have gone unabated in the country for the past first six weeks into the new year. This has recently summed up to 1,525 lives so wasted and still counting.

Also, as the flames of violence and insecurity flicker and extra judicial killings toll up, the recent release from National Bureau of Statistics(NBS) is yet another heartbreak--Nigeria is getting poorer.

However, despite the street shows and gala nights on the media where you guys are lauded, eulogized and worshipped as demigods for your miraged benevolence and infrastructural strides we are really getting the obvious toll on our daily standard of living . Food inflation has been at its peak, GDP per personal income has drastically gone down and Human development index, HDI is retrogressing.

Truth be told, I would have loved to campaign for you guys come 2023, but it will be an onerous task for me to sell lies to the public. Inasmuch as I love politics and quality leadership my conscience is my greatest asset, and I wouldn't want it dented. We can only support a functional government and not a dysfunctional one

And lastly, for the good of our dear country let's refocus on the welfare of Nigerians and focus less on 2023.

God save Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

N1.6 Billion Fraud: EFCC Quizzes Delta Assembly Speaker, Clerk / Exchange Rate And Balance Of Payment In Nigeria / Can This Happen In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.