Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Understanding Snakes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Understanding Snakes (400 Views)

Snakes Living In DELSU Student's Room / Snakes Take Over Auchi Polytechnic, Student Runs Out Unclad From Bathroom / Know The Differences Between Poisonous And Non Poisonous Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Snakes by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2021
Another lecture on Snakes..
What do you do when you see a snake??
Snakes are very shy creatures, also scared of humans. If you see a snake close to you, you should stand dead still, do not move your body at all. Any movement will make it feel you trying to attack and it might strike back .. If you see it from a distance, you can move away, do not come too close. If you try to kill it, it can strike and snakes strike with so much speed..
Some snakes have binocular visons (means they can see you from far) example is the boomslang. I heard some snakes can also sensor heat.

How do you know if a snake is around? They always hiss with their tongue, they have a distinctive odour.

How to prevent snakes: Spray Cinnamon oil around your homes, dark areas. It also helps in Chasing scorpions away. They hate the smell .. Snakes also hate the smell of gas, petrol, kerosene.

Don't always panic when you see a snake. If you stay still, they stare for a while then slither away. Snakes won't harm you intentionally.
Re: Understanding Snakes by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ya they are shy. Leave them alone
Re: Understanding Snakes by istina: 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
Better to kill a Viper than allow it go because, the return of the mamba is usually deadlier than first encounter
Re: Understanding Snakes by x123xlolls(m): 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2021
I wiil never stay still on seeing it.....
I will RUN
Re: Understanding Snakes by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 24, 2021
istina:
Better to kill a Viper than allow it go because, the return of the mamba is usually deadlier than first encounter
thats a lie. If you let it go. You can go call a snake catcher or use those protective measures to keep it away. If you attempt killing it, it will strike. So stay still, let it slither away then go call snake catchers
Re: Understanding Snakes by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 24, 2021
x123xlolls:
I wiil never stay still on seeing it.....

I will RUN
depending on the distance. If it is very close to you. Please don't move at all.. Snakes can strike at heavy speed.
Re: Understanding Snakes by Fixey: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
You are an ungrateful soul

Before you speak about death, go to YouTube and search life in he'll and life after death and watch the videos. Good luck
Re: Understanding Snakes by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wow! I just learnt something today!!.. Please dont kill your self

(1) (Reply)

. / Prince Adewale Adesina Set To Sponsor 500 Free JAMB Forms,to Organise Free CBT / K.o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.