Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time (392 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Funny List Of Nigerian Universities & What They Are Known For / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by TheSourcerer: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nobody knows Tomorrow

Even the next Second .

2. No one has died and returned. (Alternate death ,cardiac Death ,brain death ,comma,NDEs )

3. Those who don't do drugs are afraid of drugs , and those who do the drugs are afraid of soberity/reality really.

4. Time is an illusion

5 You cannot prove the existence of the Devil

6 With or without laws , good people would be good people and bad people always be bad ,the code of conducts only show to which extent this bad/evil can go .

7. Your Perception is your reality . Mind over what is.

8. No Matter what , Que Sera Sera

Budaatum

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by budaatum: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:

4. Time is an illusion

Is it now?

I put it to you that if you do not eat for an amount of time denoted as 24 hours as objectively measured by a device called a clock, your belle will send you a message that is not an illusion.

I also put it to you that you would not say time was an illusion if you had lived for as much time as say 45-50 years, or if you asked yourself a simple question like, what was I doing at this time last year and 10 years ago and 20.

TheSourcerer:

If you can give me your definition of "existence", and "the Devil", and proof, I can try. I suggest you open a separate thread.

TheSourcerer:
6 With or without laws , good people would be good people and bad people always be bad ,the code of conducts only show to which extent this bad/evil can go .
This just shows that you do not know or understand the educative purpose of laws. If a law is passed saying everyone must stop eating with their fingers and hands and must now eat with a spoon, more people will learn what spoons are, and the benefits or none of spoon use will be discussed, debated, disputed, argued against and agreed upon and we will at least all be better informed about spoons.

Now substitute spoons for love one another, or thou shalt not kill, or thou shat not steal, and consider.

TheSourcerer:
7. Your Perception is your reality . Mind over what is.
No it is not. I may perceive an imaginary ₦1b in my bank account but in no way does that constitute reality even in my own mind as I would quickly find when I try to purchase a ₦50 loaf of bread out of it. The word you'd use to describe my perceived imaginary ₦1b in my bank account if you were selling the bread is not "reality" but "deluded", after yelling "ole, barawu, were, thief"!

Perception of food will not quench your real hunger.
Re: Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by budaatum: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Are you aware that Time, Kronos, was once a God? He was married to Rhea, by whom he became the father of Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. Cheiron is also called a son of Cronus.

https://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanKronos.html#:~:text=KRONOS%20(Cronus)%20was%20the%20King,Ouranos%20(Uranus%2C%20Sky).

Re: Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by TheSourcerer: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
budaatum:
Are you aware that Time, Kronos, was once a God? He was married to Rhea, by whom he became the father of Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. Cheiron is also called a son of Cronus.

https://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanKronos.html#:~:text=KRONOS%20(Cronus)%20was%20the%20King,Ouranos%20(Uranus%2C%20Sky).
yes and Zeus rescued his siblings from Kronos,Zeus married Hera his sister . oh and Kronos , he was a Titan , he gave birth to gods . who gave birth to the despised demi gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by Dtruthspeaker: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
TheSourcerer:

I can show the Proof of this one for we have seen him .. and her.

His name is...

And her name was..

Let me check their names tomorrow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts Known Along The Passage Of Time by budaatum: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
TheSourcerer:
yes and Zeus rescued his siblings from Kronos,Zeus married Hera his sister . oh and Kronos , he was a Titan , he gave birth to gods . who gave birth to the despised demi gods

Funny, isn't it. Especially if one ignorantly considers it literally and not as the mythology it actually is so one sees how the idea of gods evolve.

Damn! I miss my Robert Graves all of a sudden.

Downloadable here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Coeasu Holds National Conference, Seeks Good Future For Teaching, Teachers / Black Eid-el-fitri In Ondo Varsity As Students Kill Self / Ondo State School Of Nursing Form, Akure 2021/2022 Is Still On Sales. Call The A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.