Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences (108597 Views)

Must It Be In A Mortuary? / Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by searay(m): 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
I am with my cousin now who is a Mortician. He said that there is power. And that a lot of issues has been happening but based on new ways of doing things that they don't knock any more before entering the morgue.
He said that the job is not for the faint hearted. He said that to be candid with me, he has acquired "powers" too. He also said that those that normally give them issues are those occultic guys. He refused to discussed further. But he said that there are some jobs that you will need the assistance of other morticians from other places.
He again told me that it is more than injecting the Chemical into the dead body.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
I'm done reading all these baseless and senseless hearsay stories. I'm out of here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by 1Sharon(f): 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

So you are saying that they all had THE SAME DREAM, THE SAME NIGHT about their dad visiting them because they were all worried about THE SAME THING? how exactly? I don't think the narrator of this experience gave that much details for you to arrive at that conclusion.

I have been worried about a lot of things all my life, and I don't remember all of them reflecting in my dreams.

Why shouldn't siblings ALL worry about their fathers mortality?
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by 1Sharon(f): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
duro4chang:
Hmmm. I have heard stories like this several times but how come that not all dead people appear to living people? How come that not every body has seen ghost? I am advanced in age all I have been hearing is somebody saw somebody saw, I have never seen.
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Felabarmudia: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
DeClan01:

Exact thing happened to my uncle who lost his son. He his based in Ibadan but frequents lagos to stock his business. On that faithful day, he said he suddenly saw the boy in the market and was like this is my son, he called on him and he disappeared only to get home and hear of his death. Infact he rushed home ealier than he should that day cause of what he saw. But the boy didn't make it.
Something similar happened in ikotun during end sars.a young girl was hit by stray bullet her mum was not informed yet.she saw her daughter ran beside her....a day later she was called upon to come and carry her daughter's corpse.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
smoke9910:

Bro, we all believe in science but there are things science can not explain. I have had experiences in my life that if I told pple you'll think I'm being delusional but it's the truth and my senses were alert at that moment. The spiritual is real, whether we believe it or not doesn't matter. Some stories here might be false but that doesn't mean other supernatural things don't happen. Life itself is a mystery.

I dont know if supernatural things are real but i believe in our subconscious mind playing with our reality.

There are many times, people have watched horror movies and couldn't sleep at night. Every sound they hear make them in fear mood, even some experience hallucination after experiencing trauma or watching gore videos.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by JohnBullMySon: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
funny, I used to be like you too until I started questioning everything I was very superstitious to the core Thank God I'm free of all those nonsense!! I don't answer my name at night, I don't like cats especially black, If I experience dejavu I start praying when rain want to fall and the wind is too much I start praying I believe everything thrown at me, There was a point I believed I was jazzed my family was jazzed there was a point I believe there was a witch in My family, guy I was really F*cked up I never knew I could be able to snap out of that Delusion I just hope you'd be free too and see things for what they actually are. I realized that every supernatural thing that happens is either a lie or has a logical Explanation, I don't think there's any Thing that will make me go back to how I was and surprisingly, Ever since I threw that Nonsense away I started progressing I realized it was me all along and my belief that has been holding me down I'm getting better every damn day every year I'm in my peak. smiley
typical indomie generation. always deceiving themselves to think that believing in the supernatural is being backward. Even mark Zuckerberg stopped being an atheist after he got wiser in his late 30s, not being overly superstitious and employing logic to approach life is cool, but jumping around saying that supernatural things don't exist at all is pure childishness and foolishness.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by 1Sharon(f): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
klashe:

Don't derail from the point I made. Y'all pushing everything on Africans/Nigerians.

Your stupid comment showed you use Americans as a yardstick,

'if America's also believe therefore it must be real'
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Humanoid01(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
1Sharon:

Why shouldn't siblings ALL worry about their fathers mortality?
I think the question should be "why should ALL siblings see their dad tell them the same thing in their dreams the same night that he died?"

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Xantel(f): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
It's true
My own mother was always coming to the house every evening till night before she was finally laid to rest.
I used to hear her footsteps, especially when the house is calm.
Though I didn't see her physically but in my dreams she was always coming to me.
Even the day she died, after feeding her went to drop plate in the kitchen, the wind that left the house barking all the doors in the house, even fell what I was holding in my hands it was terrible. There are many things one can't say here about my mother,
There was a day, he woke my brother from noon sleep to tell the elders that the way they're planning her burial is not what she wanted, my brother woke up, saw elders with my dad and he told them see what my mother wants, they believed him

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by meobizy(f): 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Story story.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by kingxsamz(m): 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Acidosis:

You're funny. Do you even need any ghost stories to believe in the supernatural? Even science has tried to give us enough pointers to many issues of life.

You haven't heard the condition called "Parasomnias" or at least sleep walking? Some Parasomnias will make you sleep in your room at 11pm in Ojodu Berger and by 4am in the morning, you may find yourself inside your car at Lekki phase 1 unknown to you, how you got there.

If dem show you video, you go talk say na kidnap.

Please scientifically tell us how that relates to dead bodies waking up to eat, bath, and have meetings inside the morgue, oh wise one. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Clinghton: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
I think it's evil spirits manipulating dead bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by yongg: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Lol stale. Who doesn't know all these. The first 3 are just postulates. The last 2 are just your brain playing tricks on you.

The only one I've had experience in here is that last one deja vu. There were times I had them in dreams on steriods. If it's a trick then it can be effective... I am saying this because there were times I would just walk normally... May probably have past the same place a thousand times but one day I pass through that spot and all the angles, the actors, animals, sounds sef align... One time I was able to predict an event that would happen next... like a car of certain color passing after this alignment...

Sometimes the prediction didn't happen immediately but after a while... Everytime the alignment happened my hair would stand, scary stuff.

I think the mind does the inputting of the experience during dreams... It may store and replay the stored info in the subscious dreams overtime... Next it would wait for the physical body to experience the alignment.

And I feel my deja vu experience is very mild... Imagine people with advanced and consistent dejavu... Hmm

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by kingxsamz(m): 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
maishai01:

There used to be a series on tv where some investigators capture on camera some paranormal activity . .can't remember the name now. Very creepy.

Lol, that's why it's a tv series. So you don't know those things are acted to look real?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by DigitB: 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
All these kids on NL sef...

Mumu boy

falcon01:
dude that's a lie!!! it's all bogus, the Human Mind plays trick.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Emmynation(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
In my opinion, man without a spirit is like any other animal
But for a spirit entity to manifest physically, there has to be a legal ground.

I have experience's of spirits,but I don't base on them,

God is real,so is the devil....it depends on the one we chose to elect and follow.

Concerning the topic........know this: IN THE MORTUARY,SHIT HAPPENS

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by aminusodiq(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
ok next time try putting a CCTV and watch what happens ok??
falcon01, I used to be like you, I'm so rigid that I don't believe in anything. But two scenarios changed my idiologies totally and ever since then, I no longer don't the supernatural. there is another realm, either you believe or not, the rehlm exists.

firstly, there was a woman who was very close to my mom. my mom was her one and only frnd. she was way older than her though. one night, we were just in the sitting room and we started hearing sounds, voices in the kitchen and other rooms . me and my mom wen to the kitchen to check, we found nothing but a scattered kitchen and bedroom... only to receive a call from the woman husband that she just died.

Secondly, there was a very young girl who was a neighbor, she was around 3-4years old then, she was literally stayed with us, you'll think she was part of my siblings.

One day, this kid got burnt while her dad was trying to pour kerosene inside their lantern. she got burnt mysteriously. she suffered a first degree burn and was rushed to the hospital, we were home seriously praying for her.
few hours later, we heard a very loud bang on roof (pan). we all rushed out to see what happened, we found nothing, but the sound was just too loud, we asked our neighbors if they heard the sound, but they said no. only to be called few minutes later that the kid just died.

that's not mere coincidence, it's real... u may search on YouTube for supernatural occurrences... of they weren't real, they wouldn't be documented. there is an iota of truth in every rumor, there is another realm, you just don't know yet

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by kingxsamz(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
typical indomie generation. always deceiving themselves to think that believing in the supernatural is being backward. Even mark Zuckerberg stopped being an atheist after he got wiser in his late 30s, not being overly superstitious and employing logic to approach life is cool, but jumping around saying that supernatural things don't exist at all is pure childishness and foolishness.

One question. If one doesn't acknowledge the existence of all these spiritual mumbo jumbo, what negative impact does it impose in the person's life? You wey believe these things now, how has it added to your life positively and how has it impacted Nigeria as a whole since most people believe it? Answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by samwheel(m): 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
bruh it was like been free but still in prison, the only thing I fear Now is physical conflict that is if you are stronger faster richer and better than me then I'll stay on my lane. Omoh it feels good to know you are in control of your life, if you waste it na your wahala!

True.
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by nedekid: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
luminouz:

I never really went to a mortuary before so I can't say much on them. I have heard the 'knock door before you entered' part though.

One time I was in U.I anatomy library, next door was a morgue. I laughed when one night, all the ladies ran out,claiming that they heard one noise from the morgue. Prolly a rat because one of the library asbestos was lost,leaving an open space for sound to carry through.

The dead/ghosts are real though so I don't doubt that some would manifest inside a repository like a morgue
I use to stay very close to anatomy during my student days in ui, close to the morgue. Ie on Amina way. Those days we use to have a laugh on new medical students cause they will lock them in unexpectedly, even switch off the lights to panic and get them used to cadavers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by yommen: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
dude that's a lie!!! it's all bogus, the Human Mind plays trick.

May be you visit a mortuary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by JohnBullMySon: 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

One question. If one doesn't acknowledge the existence of all these spiritual mumbo jumbo, what negative impact does it impose in the person's life? You wey believe these things now, how has it added to your life positively and how has it impacted Nigeria as a whole since most people believe it? Answer.
there's no need dragging this further, you can either believe or disregard an issue, but whatever really exists, exists and will always exist. irrespective of anyone's belief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by 1Sharon(f): 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

I think the question should be "why should ALL siblings see their dad tell them the same thing in their dreams the same night that he died?"

And so? This means nothing
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by optimusprime2(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
funny, I used to be like you too until I started questioning everything I was very superstitious to the core Thank God I'm free of all those nonsense!! I don't answer my name at night, I don't like cats especially black, If I experience dejavu I start praying when rain want to fall and the wind is too much I start praying I believe everything thrown at me, There was a point I believed I was jazzed my family was jazzed there was a point I believe there was a witch in My family, guy I was really F*cked up I never knew I could be able to snap out of that Delusion I just hope you'd be free too and see things for what they actually are. I realized that every supernatural thing that happens is either a lie or has a logical Explanation, I don't think there's any Thing that will make me go back to how I was and surprisingly, Ever since I threw that Nonsense away I started progressing I realized it was me all along and my belief that has been holding me down I'm getting better every damn day every year I'm in my peak. smiley

Brov, even Science has a name for these kinda phenomenon "Paranormal"... since there's a clear definition for these occurrences, then its actually blatant ignorance, if one acts the slate like they don't occur.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Humanoid01(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
1Sharon:

And so? This means nothing
It does, you should give it a thought.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Felabarmudia: 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
Obzerfapex:
from this your comment I can see you are fustrated with life....seek help bro
When my grand ma had her first baby her late mother came to congratulate her she stood my the door and said oku ewu omo,olorun awo etc
Her mother in-law was sleeping beside the bed my grand ma was sleeping.she heard everything....
That's just one of the stories she told me about her late mother.(she died giving birth)
Something's will remain mystery till the end of time.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by kingxsamz(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
there's no need dragging this further, you can either believe or disregard an issue, but whatever really exists, exists and will always exist. irrespective of anyone's belief.

Lmao... cheesy But you called it stupidity and foolishness for one not to believe that dead bodies bath, eat and drink in the morgue.
Since you're not the foolish one here, kindly tell us how your found knowledge of the spiritual has improved your life and that of your fellow Nigerians, since most of them believe.
You're the one who called it 'stupidity and foolishness' not to believe In such. So answer. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by 1Sharon(f): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
aminusodiq:
falcon01, I used to be like you, I'm so rigid that I don't believe in anything. But two scenarios changed my idiologies totally and ever since then, I no longer don't the supernatural. there is another realm, either you believe or not, the rehlm exists.

firstly, there was a woman who was very close to my mom. my mom was her one and only frnd. she was way older than her though. one night, we were just in the sitting room and we started hearing sounds, voices in the kitchen and other rooms . me and my mom wen to the kitchen to check, we found nothing but a scattered kitchen and bedroom... only to receive a call from the woman husband that she just died.

Secondly, there was a very young girl who was a neighbor, she was around 3-4years old then, she was literally stayed with us, you'll think she was part of my siblings.

One day, this kid got burnt while her dad was trying to pour kerosene inside their lantern. she got burnt mysteriously. she suffered a first degree burn and was rushed to the hospital, we were home seriously praying for her.
few hours later, we heard a very loud bang on roof (pan). we all rushed out to see what happened, we found nothing, but the sound was just too loud, we asked our neighbors if they heard the sound, but they said no. only to be called few minutes later that the kid just died.

that's not mere coincidence, it's real... u may search on YouTube for supernatural occurrences... of they weren't real, they wouldn't be documented. there is an iota of truth in every rumor, there is another realm, you just don't know yet

He never asked for this long story, he said install CCTV in your workplace.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Juliearth(f): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Henrodah:
I remember when I lost my dad in the 90s , and we took him to Benin city(den of principalities then) And it was time for my mum to bath naked in a stream by 1am in the night. The elders (Odionwere) told me to keep my eyes shut and cover my ears, that its time for the spirits to roam. I was barely 10years old and I grew up in the north and a Christian home, so these events sounded strange to me, but what struck me to this very moment as an adult, was when the elders that were allowed to not close their eyes , started talking about what they saw( mind you they didn't know I could understand Bini wella) , they said they saw a woman with one leg, and her baby on her back hopping, also they saw my dad and he told them who was responsible for his illness that led to his death and other things a 10year old shouldn't have heard . My point is this world is more spiritual than even physical. For those that feel western corpse don't disturb, try and see this movie 'Autopsy of Jane doe' its a movie but it changed my mindset about oyinbo dead bodies.

Oh lordy lord! that movie!!
Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Hahjascho(m): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
The brain can always trigger you into fear response.... which people generally accept as truth automatically.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences by Lagoon0: 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
falcon01:
you guys are really Something else grin which kinda Lies be this? how dead body go buy food for what?? which body him want feed?? the one that's dead?
even though I dont believe this stuffs, I still won't enter mortuary alone cause the Human Imagination can play Nonsense Mind games!
Bro ill also knock. Not because I'm scared but I don't want story. I've walked around cemetery in the night.
I've slept on grave overnight several times at ijebu remo. I have this believe that let the spirit come outside make we reason. No be me kill so why I go dey fear you undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Policewoman, Nkeiru Nwode, Got Admirers Talking / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.