Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen (404 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by gabbasin: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
My friend mistakenly transfer money to a wrong account while trying to send money to his suppliers last November.
Fortunately for him, he was able to get the contact of the account holder but not before the guy has withdrawn substantial part of the money. After realising his mistake, my friend contacted his bank and his bank in turn contacted the "beneficiary in error's" bank. A lien was placed on the the recipent's account.
My friend contacted the guy (recipient ) and he promised to
fund his own account to pay off my friend his money. the withdraw substantial part of the money the very day it was mistakenly transferred to him). And this guy true to his promise fund his account to the tune of the amount my friend sent to him in error, and confirm this to my friend.
The problem now is this guy's bank refuses to reverse this money to my friend even when my friend's bank said they have contacted the guy's bank to reverse the money. my friend even beg the guy to go to his bank to write them that the money should be reversed which the guy did (this guy does not have access to this money as since a complaint of error transfer was made on his account, his bank has removed the remaining amount in his account and his balance was in the negative till he fund his account to the amount wrongfully credited to him). this guy's account is in positive now but his bank has not reversed the money to my friend 2 weeks after the guy fully fund his account.
Since November my friends business is down because he can't get goods from his suppliers and his money is hanging in banking bureaucracy.
please house, what steps can he take to have his money reversed to him?
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by Officialgarri: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
He should stop going to the customer care, rather, he should request to see the bank manager grin
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by killerdragon(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
tell the guy to transfer the money back instead.

if he doesn't then walk into any police station. go to their fraud unit and obtain a form to fill then take it to the bank

after go to twitter, facebook and instagram and make your complaint so everyone can see

i guarantee 3 days the bank go send the money grin grin grin
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by Mide3367: 12:27am On Feb 24, 2021
Nigeria banks are useless. All of them angry
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by Shellsploit: 12:30am On Feb 24, 2021
:oLalasticlala sef
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 24, 2021
Go to Twitter , complain to the bank , tag CBN.

sit back,relax and watch the bank wriggle like earthworm inside salt. Max 24 hrs you're good
Re: Please Help, A Friend Mistakenly Sent Money To Wrong, Now This Happen by Dayoebe(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Create a thread on this on twitter. Tag efcc, cbn, and the bank in question.

Sit back and relax, they will call you themself.

Though Nigeria is a lawless state, Buh something like this is still possible to do

(1) (Reply)

FCMB Introduces Paperless And Cardless Transactions At Branches, Atms And POS / Please Are These Recharge Card Dealers' Sites Genuine Or Scam / No Code: Build a startup Platform Just Like Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.