Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) (42831 Views)

Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by redeff06: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
BREAKING! BREAKING!! BREAKING!!!

HOW TO HANDLE MONEY TRANSFERRED INTO WRONG ACCOUNT CASE

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER[/i]

Please read careful and learn.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]

324 Likes 115 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by gaby(m): 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
Informative....even though the cbn fraud desk will take eons or never even respond to your mails.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by LionTiger(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
God bless you too. Thanks alot

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 25, 2023
I heard the bank doesn't have the power to freeze their customer's money without court order.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Apus: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2023
Phamo0:
I heard the bank doesn't have the power to freeze their customer's money without court order.

They can.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Sucre6: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2023
Phamo0:

They can temporarily freeze the account and demand that you go get bankers order to permanently place it on permanent freeze until the issue is resolved and your money is transferred back

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by overdrive(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2023
Ok
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by TUANKU(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Apus:

They can.
Not in this case. Your only hope is if the person has funds in the account else it will take Insha Allah.
You report the culprit to the police, the police arrest him/her, culprit negotiates a bail with the police behind your back by paying them off with a portion of the same funds in contention.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Rickmann: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]

Wow..nice one.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
So what if i an lying against the person.

10 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by redeff06: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
9182736455O1999:
So what if i an lying against the person.

That can't be possible, because you will be asked to provide your debit alert.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

That can't be possible, because you will be asked to provide your debit alert.
What if after doing a successful legal transaction with someone i barely know and after that, i went to report it as fraud?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
IT DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT DEFRAUDED O!!
JUST WEIGH THE OPTION,because YOU WILL PAY MONEYS TO EFFECT ARREST OF THE CRIMINAL AND WAIT TILL CBN FEEDBACK. angry

angryNAIJABANKS THEMSELVES ARE STYLISHLY COMPLICIT IN DEFRUADING CUSTOMERS,OTHERWISE THE SOCALLED BANKERS COMMITTEE SHOULD HAVE HAD A SERIOUS JOINT FRAUD BURSTING DESK TO STOP ALL THESE NONSENSE WITHOUT HAVING CUSTOMERS TO GO THRU THAT AGONY.

THE BEST THING IS TO BE VIGILANT ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT,YOUR MOBILE NUMBER,APPS,ATM CARD TOKEN ,MONITOR BALANCE MOVEMENT AND DEMAND MONTHLY STATEMENT ALWAYS. angry MOST IMPORTANTLY CHANGE YOUR BANK WITH POROUS CYBERSURITY,SOME DONT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS ANYMORE. undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by SultanOfAbia: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Very good and insightful thread.

More inputs from dem MANNA.....

The first thing you need to do in case of an incorrect money transfer is to inform the bank. You can do this by quickly calling up the customer care number and providing them with all the details of the transaction.
They will provide you with a request or complaint number...

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Flapp478(m): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmmm. I don't pray for anyone to send funds to the wrong acc. The process of recovering the money may be too daunting.

How do I seek for help here? I can't study due to hunger. No parents to call. The few good relatives can't help at the moment. Am I just alone in dis world? Why am I in such situation? God!

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Sucre6:

They can temporarily freeze the account and demand that you go get bankers order to permanently place it on permanent freeze until the issue is resolved and your money is transferred back
Apt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by nurey(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Believe this at your own peril, CBN, EFCC, ICPC, CPC, NPF are all bunch of ineffective parastaltals.

I was hacked by a bank staff, my funds withdrawn, I contacted all of them via mail, twitter, facebook and none came to my rescue.

I even paid police to help fish out the scammer till today police dey tell me the bank (UBA) hasn't given them the guys details.

If not the fear of God, I want to trace the guy and ensure he doesn't scam another person again but alas dem go say I took laws into my own hands.

UBA is a fraudulent bank, trascact with them at your own detriment.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by ecolime(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Phamo0:
Yes, you are correct. Court order is needed.

The reason is that the deal could be a legitimate one and not fraudulent as submitted by the complainer.

5 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by yesloaded: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
9182736455O1999:

What if after doing a successful legal transaction with someone i barely know and after that, i went to report it as fraud?

You will have to provide evidence that you got scammed, if no evidence then your case will be sorry

Successful transaction will definitely have records so you can't try that with successful transactions

Above all, why do you want to report payment for a successful business transaction as a fraud?

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Treshmike(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
I'm sure the poster has not experienced it.
This thing no the work.
CBN won't even reply.
The bank will just freeze the wrong account if you give them a court order and that's all.
You will now wait for the person to credit the account which may not even happen.
Make no mistake in this country.

7 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
embarassed
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Ruthless70: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]

This process na long thing bro naso 15k take go like that I called n called, na story end im

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Bahamas95(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice one, OP thanks. cool

I don screenshot everything, na to forward am to family & friends.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by ibrocool(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
This is very informative and if put into practice by Nigerians, fraudsters will reduce in this country. I hope the bank managers will follow it up and do the necessity till the matter get solved.

But hell no, this country is very corrupt. We have seen it during scarcity of cash. Bank managers are also corrupt. They will collect bribe from the fraudsters and dump your case.

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by flexyrule(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Mods. Please move this to the jokes section.

It is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle, than for you to retrieve money transfered to a scammer's account.

If money was transfered to a wrong account, the bank might reachout to the account holder, and request that he transfer the money back to you, or give them the instruction to reverse funds.

But in the case of a fraud. You will end up realising how useless our financial institutions, courts and law enforcement agencies are.

They will ask you to pay this and pay that, till you become frustrated and give up on the chase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Adeleketj: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
This is Wrong information

The proper channel to report an erroneous transaction is your own bank if you go to the beneficiary bank you're just wasting you time energy and money.

Your own bank will contact the beneficiary bank themselves NOT YOU

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
What if bank have charged from the amount?

What if the person report to the customer care online only to receive respond from a fake bank customer care and get scammed, thinking bank have debited the money for him/her?

What if loan apps auto debit the money?
Hopefully not...
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by LtChisom: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
shocked
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by tuoyoojo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Very important information

This is why I joined nairaland back then

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gideon Ime Charlie, Lekki Groundnut Seller Who Earns N1,500 Per Month / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.