Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How Do You Feel When This Happens? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Feel When This Happens? (389 Views)

You Left Your Husband Because He Was Cheating. Then This Happens (pix) / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Teleprompter(f): 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2021
How do you feel when you are not served food at a party?

I find it so annoying but many people say that it is not a big deal to them and they know that food does not always go round in a party.

Why should food not go round any way? Why invite people to your party just to starve them ? I always eat before attending a party but that does not mean I should not be offered food when other people around me are being offered.

In fact, it upsets me to my stomach because I have more than enough food at home but for the effort of dressing up and setting out, I should be just as honoured with a meal to say the least. I hardly attend parties empty handed. I go with a gift or cash and I would usually also spray money on the dance floor.

I write this boldly because I am by no means hungry but it is unfair to me to be seeing food pass by and smelling the aroma and all I can do is hope in vain...

I attended a friend's father's funeral recently despite my friend being outside the country. I went to honour my friend in the company of our other friends. She said "Just ask of my sister and she would attend to you guys"
The sister claimed there was no more food even though we arrived early. Others took it in good faith but I was pissed.

A colleague recently got married out of town and we contributed money for fuel while one of us made a car available. I chose not to go for fear that I would leave my city and go far away from home and then be given "swallow" but the soup may never arrive or I get a plate of rice and no water nor juice to wash it down. I dare not even assume that there would be special treatment for colleagues as small chips or desserts because many times, it's the ones close to the celebrant that suffer for the lack of organization or low budget. I sent a gift anyway.

As a result of past experiences, i only attend parties where i trust the host to behave properly or I am a host myself.

For the records, I don't identify as a glutton despite the long piece on getring served or not. I just like due process.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Yeyeboi05(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2021
Omo[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by sissoko89: 12:00am On Feb 24, 2021
Copied
Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2021
The hurt will help deepen your friendship
Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2021
I don't attend parties...I hate crowds. And if it's unavoidable I load my car with grubs and goodies. Plus my drink. I no fit dey shout bros see me here. That's not how I was brought up.

But once upon a time every weekend na to go all the halls for Akure find party wey thick. Fully dressed students with chingbain for pocket. We dey even wear their colour code. If you no serve me food bros I fit break ya head. But not possible in Akure. Them dey use food stuff person.

I bless God for the upgrade. Na when money dey you go remember home training

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 24, 2021
If I go to a party, I go to show solidarity or support, not for food. I have food at home. A drink is ok; even if it's just cold water.

I'm not even such a big fan of eating outside my home. I only do it when I have to.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Liposure: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2021
Anyway, Food is not my problem. I can always order for indomie and egg from the roadside aboki. But notwithstanding, it can be disappointing having come all the way only for you to return on an empty stomach. Meanwhile, the future is united.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Bola146(f): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2021
I don't go to parties. I hardly attend, If I travel to attend party and no food, I'll walk outside to buy gala and drink. I'll only spend like 2 hours in a party and be on my way home. If I eat or not, I don't care. I can just buy drink, I'm okay till I get home.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by thorpido(m): 8:38am On Feb 24, 2021
It's a lack of proper organisation basically.
Most people who are well organised know they have to take care of groups within the party and they prepare that way.
There are always party crashers so food will never go round except there is 'abundance' but people who are invited should be taken care of.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens? by Teleprompter(f): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2021
Even the people here take getting food with levity.

It's a good trait but I just don't get it. Why should there be party crashers at your party? If you can not prevent it then why should the real guests be made to suffer for your lack of planning ?

The effort to get dressed and honour your invite should be reciprocated...that is the responsible thing to do.

If you envisage that there would be crashers, provide for them or prevent them.

Some would invite you and treat you so well, check on you regularly and try their best to see that you get everything on offer ( even souvenirs)
While some would see you seated with nothing in front of you and ask " Aren't you eating anything? " and I'm wondering ... Well, the right question should be " Have you been served? And are you okay? Is there anything else that I can get for you?

(1) (Reply)

Benue Nairalanders Identify Yourselves / 48-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl After 18 Years Of Marriage / How To Know If You Have An Incubus Or Succubus Demon Attached To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.