Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line (25750 Views)

FEC Approves ₦‎454 Billion For Kano-niger Republic Rail, Others / Jonathan's Government Awarded $1.96bn Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line In 2013 / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by nobilie: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2021
Forget the lies.
Niger is supposed to finance that rail project if its so important to Nigeria.
That project is only important for two reasons
1) Niger's import is done via Benin and mainly Nigerian ports. The hurdles in moving heavy shipment via road from Apapa is a challenge for them. With the rail, they can now move heavy duty shipment via rail after taking delivery from apapa port.
2) The north is getting ready for a possible civil uprising/war. Making it easy to move soldiers and arms from Niger to southern Nigerian in a short time. They are planning well ahead but God will disappoint them.
Have you noticed that all we call leaders have gone dumb out of fear. This govt is not only threatening people with our security but also with headsmen attack.
They think 2023 will not come, it is by the corner.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by omoluka: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2021
jarawa:

https://dailytrust.com/untold-story-of-nigeria-niger-republic-rail-line
Easy access to southern Nigeria for Islamic terrorists in the Sahel region of north - west Africa

4 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Ikpeazukerosene: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2021
tsephanyah:
They will now shout our "Oil money" Our. But human history shows the strongest takes what they like.
Our economic policy, I repeat, is determined solely by the interests of the Northern people. From this principle we shall never depart. If the rest of the world says: "War," I can only say: "Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel."

Look at this illiterate blockhead. If bandits catch you like a wild squirrel, does your father have money to pay?

In a few years, you will work hard on your groundnuts plantations get money to pay bandits. Even to ride okada in the South, you won't be allowed.

5 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Neowanskywalker: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2021
No nid to curse una wey vote apc. People wey go murder una dey kum from niger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by ElValiente(m): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2021
jarawa:

https://dailytrust.com/untold-story-of-nigeria-niger-republic-rail-line
Lol Lagos to maradi jumped to Kano to maradi. It has always been fulatrouble first. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Jasmine360(f): 7:56am On Feb 24, 2021
Mouth Oduor is a chronic condition caused by certain food or poor hygiene where the awful smell is perceived from the mouth while speaking.

The Question often asked _How Do I Get Rid of Chronic Mouth Odour Without Spending Too Much Money On Treatments That Don't WORK?

Treating Bad Breath Requires Careful Examination & Cleansing Of Your Body System From Inside to Get To The ROOT Of The PROBLEM...

Chronic bad breath is experienced by a large number of people around the world with the most common sign being a sour, bitter or metallic taste in the mouth.This bitter or metallic taste is often a result of a dry mouth which is very common in people taking any form of chronic/daily medication but of course you could also not be drinking sufficient water to keep your body hydrated.

I understand how it feels to suffer from chronic bad breath because I have treated over 680 patients and counting...I share your pains and burden but the story is about to change forever...

Learn more here www.nutripotherbals.com/solution

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Greenback: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2021
@ foolishbuhari hope you see what I'm saying...
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Bansempire: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2021
blackmantis:
Charity begins at home.....link Lagos Abuja PH first.
or better still we need a rail way to transport our petroleum products, we can all tell how dangerous those tankers are but that's not going to happen coz alot of our lawmakers and top politicians own those tankers.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Resurrection212: 7:59am On Feb 24, 2021
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Foolishbuhari: 7:59am On Feb 24, 2021
Greenback:
@ foolishbuhari hope you see what I'm saying...

grin seen loud and clear Bro
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Greenback: 7:59am On Feb 24, 2021
nobilie:
Forget the lies.
1) Niger's import is done via Benin and mainly Nigerian ports. The hurdles in moving heavy shipment via road from Apapa is a challenge for them. With the rail, they can now move heavy duty shipment via rail after taking delivery from apapa port.
2) The north is getting ready for a possible civil uprising/war. Making it easy to move soldiers and arms from Niger to southern Nigerian in a short time. They are planning well ahead but God will disappoint them.
Have you noticed that all we call leaders have gone dumb out of fear. This govt is not only threatening people with our security but also with headsmen attack.
Please we should "codedly" spread this message...

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2021
Daily trust, the northern news paper.

Very funny guys

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by mywells: 8:02am On Feb 24, 2021
They are telling us indirectly that they wants to make Niger republic 37 States of Nigeria as simple as that,I can see Niger running affairs of this country,I read a report recently that Benin republic would be among Nigeria states.
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by mrmachine: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2021
Dailytrust is owned by northerners so I don't expect that they won't support the wastage.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Doubleoh7: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2021
So I want to believe this explanation they have attempted to give to waterdown this decision. But please can they also explain how be it that the GMB administration is not just constructing a rail line to Niger, but that the rail line will terminate 25km into Niger Republic. And at the end Nigerians that do not even have enough, are daily being pushed more into the poverty pit will pay for a 25km stretch of rail lines constructed in Niger Republic. Wonderful indeed

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2021
Essentially the line would be used to take advantage of the need of Niger to import and export products

All in all Nigeria benefits

The next thing to do is a Port to Lagos line or a Port to Kano line. Urgently

2 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Shenky(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2021
Zico5:
There is no explanation that will make a meaning to sensible Nigerians. We all know this is a gimmick and an attempt to infiltrate Nigeria by Niger Republic thereby making it appendage of Nigeria. Niger Republic is a desert with few or nothing coming out of it except smuggling of rice which the citizens there engage at the detriment of Nigeria. If there should be such project, it should be between Nigeria-Benin-Ghana cos that's where some resources that are beneficial to this country are coming from. I pray nothing is done on the project before 2023 so that incoming government can cancel the nonsense. Buhari will surely pay for all the pain being inflicted on the masses.

Mehn is really not a must for you to comment if you don’t have any reasonable thing to write.. if you say Niger republic does not have any resources beneficial to this country, then what about their crude oil and refined product they export to other countries through the Nigerian borders

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by IgboWarlord(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2021
tsephanyah:
They will now shout our "Oil money" Our. But human history shows the strongest takes what they like.
Our economic policy, I repeat, is determined solely by the interests of the Northern people. From this principle we shall never depart. If the rest of the world says: "War," I can only say: "Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel."

Chai!!!..Ur zombieism no get part two....I'm sorry for you...

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by sparko1(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2021
Neddstark:

Go and tell USAID that began the initiative that it is bullshit. As you get sense pass all of them.

Young man it was bullshit at the time, it’s stupid now! No amount of time can amplify the significance. There’s nothing feasible, or economically viable in Niger republic.

3 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2021
nobilie:
Forget the lies.

1. Nigerien goods are imported in Lagos and pass through Nigeria. Benin hardly figures

The article says as much

2. Rail lines don't help much in time of civil war. Assuming a hypothetical war with the North, the line stands to be cut off or bombed easily

Transporting soldiers does not necessarily need a rail line.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Shenky(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2021
Macphenson:
This is absolute bullshit, cross River is closer to North than Lagos, why use that route.

Let the vegetable dullard keep fooling himself.

That’s because Lagos has more economic importance than cross rivers at the moment, they export their products through the Lagos port

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by harjay1986: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2021
Zico5:
There is no explanation that will make a meaning to sensible Nigerians. We all know this is a gimmick and an attempt to infiltrate Nigeria by Niger Republic thereby making it appendage of Nigeria. Niger Republic is a desert with few or nothing coming out of it except smuggling of rice which the citizens there engage at the detriment of Nigeria. If there should be such project, it should be between Nigeria-Benin-Ghana cos that's where some resources that are beneficial to this country are coming from. I pray nothing is done on the project before 2023 so that incoming government can cancel the nonsense. Buhari will surely pay for all the pain being inflicted on the masses.

You are wrong Sir, in a sane clime what they are doing is right except if they have hiden agenda, normally Niger ship their goods mainly through Nigeria Port or Port,Novo... Ghana has no goods to ship from our port likewise Benin, because the two has their own port, but remember, for a Country to be peaceful her nearby neighborh must be peaceful too

2 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2021
sparko1:

Young man it was bullshit at the time, it’s stupid now! No amount of time can amplify the significance. There’s nothing feasible, or economically viable in Niger republic.

Except the fact that they are dependent on our ports for imports and exports which the line is being built to take advantage of.

And by the way, if yoy read the article, the feasibility studies were done under the GEJ administration. USAID also thinks the line would be useful.

Get your senator to fight for a line from Port Harcourt to Kano and Niger to take advantage too
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by Shenky(m): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2021
law001:
Why not stop at the border and let Niger Republic do their own bit?

They have neighboring countries they also export from mostly Ghana. So is more like an incentive for them to patronize is more through our freight services in movement of their goods and products
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by CalmElder(m): 8:18am On Feb 24, 2021
tsephanyah:

After 2023, the neighbour will leave you lot to bravely face the monster (boko haram) you created when you insisted on introducing Sharia.
Middle belt and southern soldiers will remain at home to defend against those that target women, the young and the old, then flee like cowards when real men appear.
They will be given the Malian treatment, it could even be a child's play.
Remember, middle beltans withstood the fulanis man to man before buhari, but these too, shall pass.
I regret the failure of Orkars coup in '.92

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by slimmax: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2021
Come 2023 anybody in the yeast that votes for a candidate other than an easterner , OYo is your case. The Jubril conspiracy is real
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by hayoholla(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2021
It's a good project to tbh, but history has shown Nigerian givernment to be dishonest, selfish and dangerous all the same, no thanks to the cronies in the government. They have heightened the paranoia and lowered the trust the people have in them. Even if it is a project that will benefit the people, their will always be a clause or a portion of the project that leaves door open for looting and corruption, that will entirely mess up the integrity of the project. That's the nature of the average Nigerian politician for you. My concern for this project, is that, in it's proposal, it fails to address how the issue of adequate security for the investment that will not allow banditry, kidnapping, all elements of terrorism, since those regions are hotbeds of terrorist activities. It's a good idea tbh, but security of those regions need to be addressed first. Any nation's that fails to take her security serious, has already sabotaged her future, tell me how such economy will prosper?

3 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2021
Mike213:
The railway to niger rep is because they wan to bring in unregistered voters during elections
Maradi To Nigeria Is Twenty somethings Kilometers why do they Need Rail to come for election.

I think even by foot they can do it.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by tsephanyah(f): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2021
CalmElder:

After 2023, the neighbour will leave you lot to bravely face the monster (boko haram) you created when you insisted on introducing Sharia.
Middle belt and southern soldiers will remain at home to defend against those that target women, the young and the old, then flee like cowards when real men appear.
They will be given the Malian treatment, it could even be a child's play.
Remember, middle beltans withstood the fulanis man to man before buhari, but these too, shall pass.
I regret the failure of Orkars coup in '.92
middle belt? What middle belt?
Re: Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line by tiredoflife(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2021
tsephanyah:

so if its not our oil
how are these loans gotten and how do we pay back

the truth is that our oil is what is used for these loans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph / Tinubu Is Desperate For Keys To The Nation’s Treasury - PDP / Fayose And NUPENG Officials Meet Aregbesola To Settle Ekiti Fuel Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.