Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

How Do I Get My Laptop Connected To The Internet Anywhere - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Get My Laptop Connected To The Internet Anywhere (1943 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Browse Free With Airtel Sim Card Again Connected To Your Pc! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Laptop Connected To The Internet Anywhere by opad(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2006
Is there a service in Nigeria thats connect ones laptop to the internet anywhere in nigeria, cos i`ll be studying soon
at Ado-ekiti, Could Starcomms or Reltel work there?
Re: How Do I Get My Laptop Connected To The Internet Anywhere by samo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hello Opad.
You can use MTN internet sim cards (which is what I am using now to type this message from my laptop) The Internet sim card cost N13,690 you would need a Phone that is GPRS enabled (I am using motorola L6) and connecting via the blue tooth function alternatively instead of using a phone, you can use the MTN GPRS modem which is about N24,000 - N28,000. With the MTN sim card you can browse 24hrs. You get to pay N13,500 monthly

Alternatively you can use GLO direct, I am not so sure of their rates but I think you get the Internet sim for N12,000 and their GPRS modemfor N25,000. It only works with laptops unlike MTN which you can use for desktop. Glo helps you configure and installs while with MTN you would do it on your own. You pay a N12,00/month fee for 24hrs.

With any of them, you get to browse any where you have a Glo or MTN conncetion. I hope that was helpful

(1) (Reply)

Free Rapidshare Premium Account! / Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem / Complete Management Of Wireless Hotspots (lan 2, Radius) For Hotels, Cafes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.