Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo (33976 Views)

Anambra: PDP Disqualifies, Ozigbo, Others, Clears Uba, Odua, Ekwunife / Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Kesington Adebutu Becomes Odole Odua, Obasanjo And Others Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2021
theFilmtric:

I know its nonsense grin cheesy

Can you give me the wikipedia link? grin

You think if I saw wikipedia I would not post it??
You guys always wanna hold something
Your delusion is second to none
Do you know even Ogun has commercial quantity of oil untapped??

Abeg shift

theFilmtricsay

You're saying thrash! I think you should check the meaning of "commercial quantity". The oil in Lagos,Ogun,Anambra,Enugu and Benue are not in commercial quantity, stop deceiving yourself
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

You're saying thrash! I think you should check the meaning of "commercial quantity". The oil in Lagos,Ogun,Anambra,Enugu and Benue are not in commercial quantity, stop deceiving yourself
cheesy grin cheesy
He wants to cry embarassed shocked
Stop throwing tantrums
And use my siggy grin

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Aniocha North is occupied majorly by Olukumi followed by Enuani.
How 4 villages and 4 still under contention became the majority in a local Government of 23 villages speak enough of how good you are in mathematics.
23 - 8(including those under contention) = 15

Now how 8 became the majority over 15 baffles me.
Maybe this is how you people managed to become one of the "majority" in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 11:40am On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

How 4 villages and 4 still under contention became the majority in a local Government of 23 villages speak enough of how good you are in mathematics.
yen yen yen
A village can have 200 people
A village can also have 5000 people
Majority means population not villages
How good are you in reasoning?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

This is the most hillarous comment I've seen in years. For this comment, I'm 100% sure you've never been to Delta State talkess of Anioma. The Olukunmis may have Yoruba ancestry but they have lost the language, popular names Olukunmis answer are Nduka,Chika,Kachikwu,e.t.c, these are obviously Igbo names. However, they are trying to teach their people Yoruba so they can identify with their lost ancestry.
Olukunmis speak Igbo as their main language,you can't expect a small community that migrated from Yoruba land and surrounded by thousands of Igbo villages to retain their language and culture. The only trace of Yoruba culture the Olukunmis have is the oral tradition that says they are from Owo in Ondo State, they don't even call themselves Olukunmis, they call themselves "Odinani",an Igbo word too.
If you doubt me, conduct a trip to Aniocha.

They speak Olukumi as the first language according to the king.

Besides, I have been to Delta state several times.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 11:50am On Feb 26, 2021
theFilmtric:

yen yen yen
A village can have 200 people
A village can also have 5000 people
Majority means population not villages
How good are you in reasoning?

theFilmtricsay
LOL. When did you do the population?
If Olukumi are even half of the population you imagined by the virtue of their Yoruba DNA, the whole world would have heard their voices.
No be una wey Sabi shout again?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 11:52am On Feb 26, 2021
theFilmtric:
cheesy grin cheesy He wants to cry embarassed shocked Stop throwing tantrums And use my siggy grin
theFilmtricsay
Check this out: https://thingstoknow.com.ng/oil-producing-states-of-nigeria/
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2021
forgiveness:

They speak Olukumi as the first language according to the king.

Besides, I have been to Delta state several times.

They are trying to learn Yoruba because their Igbo neighbors assimilated them into everything Igbo. You can hardly see an Olukunmi man answering a Yoruba name, they answer Igbo names and equally call God "Chukwu".
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2021
theFilmtric:
yen yen yen A village can have 200 people A village can also have 5000 people Majority means population not villages How good are you in reasoning?
theFilmtricsay
Olukunmis have the smallest population in Aniocha North.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 11:59am On Feb 26, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

Check this out: https://thingstoknow.com.ng/oil-producing-states-of-nigeria/
lol cheesy
1. Its a Nigerian blog with hundreds of ads as usual
2. It is not an authority in things like this its just a fun site “things to know” cheesy
3. The website stated its source which isn't working
4. It took you a really long time to dig out this o

Now compare my website with your blog. grin
Now see another Nigerian “blog”
Contents
1. Akwa Ibom State
2. Delta State
3. Rivers State
4. Bayelsa State
5. Ondo State
6. Edo State
7. Imo State
8. Abia State
9. Lagos State

https://nigerianinfopedia.com.ng/oil-producing-states-in-nigeria/

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

23 - 8(including those under contention) = 15

Now how 8 became the majority over 15 baffles me.
Maybe this is how you people managed to become one of the "majority" in Nigeria

Are the remaining 15 the same clan?
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Rubbish!

Where did you get that junk from??
Lagos has no oil fact and the spot that oil is found in ondo belongs to the ijaws in ondo fact.
You cannot deceive me with any junk coming from Lagos ibadan brown envelope media.
you're wrong. Is mostly the ilaje part of Ondo state that produce most of the oils.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

They are trying to learn Yoruba because their Igbo neighbors assimilated them into everything Igbo. You can hardly see an Olukunmi man answering a Yoruba name, they answer Igbo names and equally call God "Chukwu".

They speak both.

However, who is teaching them Yoruba?
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Enuani + 1 in contention with Bini
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

The blog alone shows the article is fake! Olukunmis don't speak Yoruba, they speak an Unadulterated Northern Igbo dialect similar to that of Anambra and Enugu, however they know they migrated from Yoruba land.

Blog is fake because you believe so.

Pure undiluted fact. The king is yet to debunk is quotes.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

Enuani + 2 in contention with Bini

Kkkk. You quickly added that. Which are the two? Please, mention them.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Kkkk. You quickly added that. Which are the two? Please, mention them.
Mistake. It is 1. Iselle uku
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

Mistake. It is 1. Iselle uku

Correct. Anyway, I don't want to argue about it. You were correct.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2021
jneutron4000:
are you actually telling the Yorubas to learn how to accommodate As far as Nigeria is concerned Yorubas are the most accommodating ethnic group in Nigeria but people wants to start taking us for granted. Ijaws want to start telling us how to rule our state, ijaws mostly migrated to the waterside of Yoruba land and there are even some Ijaws that have migrated to some part of Ajase water side in Benin Republic which is a part of Yoruba land. We have no problem for anyone to come stay in our land provided they MUST respect us and accept what we want simple.
the belief by the same yorubas that Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe is false...
The only tribe that is not accommodating in Nigeria is Fulani...
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by ariesbull: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

The way the guy is telling him to his face that they do as they like with the oil in his backyard made me laugh. Then I remembered that most Yoruba billionaires are oil magnate while the few millionaires in Ijaw nation are politicians.
The thing is funny.
Whether the ijaw like it or not. They are the ones that lost the war not Igbo nation.

Exactly....

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by PHijo(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

The way the guy is telling him to his face that they do as they like with the oil in his backyard made me laugh. Then I remembered that most Yoruba billionaires are oil magnate while the few millionaires in Ijaw nation are politicians.
The thing is funny.
Whether the ijaw like it or not. They are the ones that lost the war not Igbo nation.

No, it is the Igbo nation that lost, you lost control over Ijaw oil.
Under the defunct eastern region it was under the control of the Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2021
PHijo:

No, it is the Igbo nation that lost, you lost control over Ijaw oil.
Under the defunct eastern region it was under the control of the Igbo.

And do you now have it?
Lol. "I lost control of what was not mine and was never in existence under my rule"
You make me laugh. Under Eastern region, ijaw though then doesn't produce as much oil as now enjoyed all the goodies eastern region has to offer. Even Adaka Boro was switching jobs like sim card then.
At a point he got bored with jobs and took a scholarship (without writing any exam) to study at UNN were he became SUG governor after three attempts
Then quit again.
My dear you lost the war not us. Orient petroleum answers to Anambra state directly. The same with those in Imo and Abia. Two refineries are being built in Imo but what have you?
A polluted environment with a village as capital.
You lost not us

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by PHijo(m): 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

And do you now have it?
Lol. "I lost control of what was not mine and was never in existence under my rule"
You make me laugh. Under Eastern region, ijaw though then doesn't produce as much oil as now enjoyed all the goodies eastern region has to offer. Even Adaka Boro was switching jobs like sim card then.
At a point he got bored with jobs and took a scholarship (without writing any exam) to study at UNN were he became SUG governor after three attempts
Then quit again.
My dear you lost the war not us. Orient petroleum answers to Anambra state directly. The same with those in Imo and Abia. Two refineries are being built in Imo but what have you?
A polluted environment with a village as capital.
You lost not us

Adaka Boro the Igbo didn't allow to be SUG in Nsukka because he was Ijaw. That was what triggered his activism. The same Igbos who forced out professor Eyo Ita for an Igbo to take over the premiership of the region.

Even fishermen were not allowed to fish peace. Their nets and canoes would ceased and they forced to pay exorbitant taxes aimed at ruining their business.
You Igbos uprooted all the fixed telephone lines in Okrika. All the infrastructures we had before the defunct eastern region was created you Igbo destroyed.

Chief Dappa Biriye of the grand Bonny kingdom left the NCNC because of Igbo bigotry. All his attempts to get a separate Ijaw region was scuttled by the Igbo. After independence Chief Dappa Biriye formed alliance with other groups that happened to be victims of unbridled Igbo bigotry. That led to the form of the COR movement which stands for Cross river, Ogoja and Rivers movement.

Biriye had established the Niger Delta Congress to counter NCNC. It was because of the Igbos Southern Cameroon left Nigeria.

Two refineries being built by Fulanis! Nigeria has stolen so much from us, it doesn't matter what we have we will still take what is rightfully ours.

The pollution is caused by unitary system your brother Aguiyi-Ironsi created. That the Yoruba and Fulani are enjoying now does not absolve you blame neither does it mean we won't square it out with them.

Our environment is impacted by Nigeria's activities. Despite the pollution it is more fertile than yours. You that Nigeria has not polluted your land, you still can't stay there.

Your place is erosion impacted, lake Chad drying up, flood is on the increase and you by destroying our environment you are punishing us? The damage is even worse for you!
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BastardWike: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

LOL. When did you do the population?
If Olukumi are even half of the population you imagined by the virtue of their Yoruba DNA, the whole world would have heard their voices.
No be una wey Sabi shout again?

You have time to be arguing with him. The Olukumi or whatever they call themselves are no longer Yorubas, they've become subsumed into the surrounding Igbo communities. Considering that there is no boundary or contigous link between them and Yorubas of the SW, it is safe to conclude that they were settlers that must have arrived as farm workers or refuge seekers.

It's either they jettison their Yoruba vestiges and integrate with the Igbo owners of those lands or they relocate to Yorubaland. The choice is theirs.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BKayy: 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2021
PHijo:

Adaka Boro the Igbo didn't allow to be SUG in Nsukka because he was Ijaw. That was what triggered his activism. The same Igbos who forced out professor Eyo Ita for an Igbo to take over the premiership of the region.

Even fishermen were not allowed to fish peace. Their nets and canoes would ceased and they forced to pay exorbitant taxes aimed at ruining their business.
You Igbos uprooted all the fixed telephone lines in Okrika. All the infrastructures we had before the defunct eastern region was created you Igbo destroyed.

Chief Dappa Biriye of the grand Bonny kingdom left the NCNC because of Igbo bigotry. All his attempts to get a separate Ijaw region was scuttled by the Igbo. After independence Chief Dappa Biriye formed alliance with other groups that happened to be victims of unbridled Igbo bigotry. That led to the form of the COR movement which stands for Cross river, Ogoja and Rivers movement.

Biriye had established the Niger Delta Congress to counter NCNC. It was because of the Igbos Southern Cameroon left Nigeria.

Two refineries being built by Fulanis! Nigeria has stolen so much from us, it doesn't matter what we have we will still take what is rightfully ours.

The pollution is caused by unitary system your brother Aguiyi-Ironsi created. That the Yoruba and Fulani are enjoying now does not absolve you blame neither does it mean we won't square it out with them.

Our environment is impacted by Nigeria's activities. Despite the pollution it is more fertile than yours. You that Nigeria has not polluted your land, you still can't stay there.

Your place is erosion impacted, lake Chad drying up, flood is on the increase and you by destroying our environment you are punishing us? The damage is even worse for you!
You have a penchant for lies.
"Igbo didn't allow Adaka Boro become SUG president"
Who then allowed him to become the president after the third attempt?
You shameless minority think you can blackmail people into handing what you didn't deserve to you.
Adaka Boro started running for president when he was in 100 level (who does that apart from a fool with the entitlement mentality) . Then when he lost, he blamed it on his minority status. When he gained popularity in 300 level and won we didn't hear his voice.
This is exactly what you people are fund of. Always blaming your incompetence on your status.
As for the rest of the gibberish you typed, they were all false.
By the way how are you faring in your Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by DannyG8(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Givaxy:

Which ijaw. You guys are minority and inconsequential. Odi treatment awaits you. Do anyhow see anyhow
how old are you you sound like a kid

anyway have you eaten today

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by DannyG8(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
Givaxy:

Ode which Fulani is controlling like cow. Did the yorubas tell you they are controlling them. Arin din omo
wake up if you are sleeping kwara is like a fulani state controlled by fulani , Yoruba have no saying in kwara state we heard , we see and we believe
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by PHijo(m): 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
BKayy:

You have a penchant for lies.
"Igbo didn't allow Adaka Boro become SUG president"
Who then allowed him to become the president after the third attempt?
You shameless minority think you can blackmail people into handing what you didn't deserve to you.
Adaka Boro started running for president when he was in 100 level (who does that apart from a fool with the entitlement mentality) . Then when he lost, he blamed it on his minority status. When he gained popularity in 300 level and won we didn't hear his voice.
This is exactly what you people are fund of. Always blaming your incompetence on your status.
As for the rest of the gibberish you typed, they were all false.
By the way how are you faring in your Nigeria?

If he contested in 100 level he was smart! It shows how hardworking he is, he started hitting from the start.

When he won the SUG election you Igbo didn't allow him assume office.

At least the Igbos are reaping the evil seeds they sowed in the defunct eastern region. Seeing that alone is a testimony!
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2021
forgiveness:

They speak both.

However, who is teaching them Yoruba?

They don't speak both my brother. Most of them who live in Lagos took it upon themselves to learn Yoruba so as to retain their culture, conduct a trip to that place and see if I'm lying.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Owajigarrisson(m): 7:55am On Feb 27, 2021
forgiveness:

Those are 15 communities whose ancestry are traced to Asaba and Oko in Anambra State, the Olukunmis have 8 villages and have their ancestry traced to Owo.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by forgiveness: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

They don't speak both my brother. Most of them who live in Lagos took it upon themselves to learn Yoruba so as to retain their culture, conduct a trip to that place and see if I'm lying.

They didn't learn it from Lagos. They speak Olukumi which is totally different from Lagos Yoruba though it's still a dialect of Yoruba.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nsiba: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2021
meccuno:
you are the same people who say igbos want to dominate minorities and are intolerant but you people are worse .

I just de wonder wonder

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Greater Lagos LBIC Estate (Pictures) / Drug Barons Assassinating NDLEA Operatives, Says Marwa / Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Suspected Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.