Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market (19087 Views)

Us Stocks Pick Alert / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria / how to invest in Nigerian stocks market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by PeaceIlya: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2021
Thank you OP! I got sign up on trove with your link on your profile & YES! I got the GT Bank shares.
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by Hamachi(f): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
$WMT: showing reversal strength, confirms reversal on a move back over $130 and if so likely moves quick to $135. Has really cheap calls, would look in for a swing on a break and hold of $130.
$CRM: held support at 300 MA, has very little resistance up to $220 and then likely fills back to $240 if tech continues to bounce
$WING: bouncing off $110 for potential triple bottom setup, if reversal holds looking for a move back up to $140 as next resistance
$PZZA: bouncing off $80 support, next resistance levels at $85 and then $90 as potential targets on reversal
$FUBO: watching $30 as key resistance and breakout level. On a break and hold above can move towards $35 quick
$WISH: testing breakout level at $17, on a move above has short term upside to $20 and then $24 as potential targets.
$AYX: bounce off long term support at $80, pretty much has no resistance until $100 so could fill up towards that level quick. Increasing volume and looking strong overall for continued reversal
$TAP: cup and handle setup forming over the past year, overall breakout happens on a move above $55 with support at $44. More of a recovery play and would be more safe if market volatility continues. Would look for setup and breakout to play out over the next 2-3 months or so, has cheap options and would ideally look to enter for longer swing at $44-45
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by LauraClasikVibe(f): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
There will always be different ideas about how often to trade, how long to hold a position and when to enter or exit the market. But, there are four main styles and strategies at the core of trading.

1. Scalping is a trading style that involves opening and holding a position for a very short amount of time, from a few seconds to a few minutes at most.

2. Day trading is a style that specifies a trader will open and close all their positions before the markets close each evening. Positions are usually held from anywhere between few seconds to a few hours.

3. Swing trading is a style that focuses on taking a position within a larger move. It involves holding a trade over several days or weeks, in order to take advantage of short- to medium-term market movements.

4. Position trading involves holding a trade for a long period of time, whether this is weeks, months or even years.

Choosing a trading style requires the flexibility to know when a trading style is not working for you, but also requires the consistency to stick with the right trading style even when it is not performing optimally.

2 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by Hamachi(f): 8:47am On Mar 11, 2021
FinTech, is an industry focused around utilising software and modern technology to provide financial services in innovative ways.

It is one of the fastest growing industry that provides a platform to cover a range of approaches in the delivery of financial services that is accessible, easy to use and fraud-free.

Fintech is already solving issues in the financial sector especially with money transfer like adding, sending or requesting money, which is crucial for people and businesses regarding day to day activities and tasks.

Some of the innovations covered by Fintech are:

1. Mobile payments
2. Regtech
3. Cryptocurrency
4. P2P Lending & many more.

Above we have selected some of the top Fintech stocks that are revolutionising the industry.

Do you own any of the stocks above & What are your thoughts on Fintech? Let us know in the comments below.
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by Hamachi(f): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2021
Gamers this post is for you!
-Here are 3 ETFs focusing on all things classic gaming but also the fast rising eSports.
-There are some familiar faces in each of the top holdings but these ETFs cover stocks all over the world.

Regions represented include Activision Blizzard (US) Tencent (China), Nintendo (Japan) and Modern Times Group (Sweden) to name a few.
-My favourite is ESPO, but then I'm long on AMD which biases my decision. I also love Nintendo (although I don't own any stock yet).
-Also that ticker NERD... love it
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by RoyalDiadems: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2021
yazga:
Good evening!

Welcome to the thread that you would learn the ABC of investing in US stock market.

Firstly, we have the following app used in investing in US Stocks

* Choicetrade
* Passfolio
* Bamboo
* Chaka
* Etoro
* Fidelity
* Trove
* Trading212

Choice Trade is good too. But you start with $100 minimum. No commission on Trade. $10 Monthly maintenance fee.

Trading 212 is quite easy to open if you’re based in Nigeria. The tax number is not necessary (Nigerians). They just want to verify your name & address.

In terms of commission, they don’t charge anything at all. Compared to bamboo & the rest, you will be saving a lot of money on commission charges which is top notch, their interface is very understandable and updates real time.

In terms of deposit, unfortunately only gpay works for Nigerians. So you have to sign up google pay on your desktop (can’t download it in Nigerian Apple store). Then you set up your card etc. The gmail account must match the one you used for registration on 212. Deposit is cleared almost immediately. Another good thing with gpay is that you’re using your naira card to pay for dollars. You get charged at bank rate. In additon WalletAfrica comes in handy too

You can use the bank statement from your mobile app provided your house address is stated on it and it matches the one you registered on Trading 212 (Many have used it and was accepted).

PS: Fund your Trading 212 account with your Zenith Bank's card via Google pay. I believe they give the best rate compared to other banks.

And go get a $ dom account for withdrawal (not that you can't withdraw to a naira account, it best to have your money in $$$ and it's good for savings too), preferably a Zenith bank's dom account and it's zero minimum opening balance, (not trying to promote Zenith Bank, it's just that I opened a dom account with them last week and I wasn't required to deposit a minimum amount and I've had a savings account with them since 2019 and it's been a positive experience all through).

PS: On trading 212, only a passport is accepted as id document for residents of countries that aren’t part of the EEA (European Economic Area)

In terms of withdrawal, the money will be sent back to the card that you used on gpay. The withdrawal is done immediately but it can take some days to show in your account, depending on the bank you use. The dollars will be sent based on the bank exchange rate on that day to naira.

Flutterwave and the rest doesn’t work with 212 unfortunately. Only gpay. You can do a bank transfer from your Dom account but that can take days to clear.
Finally, Trading 212, is currently not on boarding any new customers because they are try to build their capacity to accommodate more customers

I use bamboo for now because there’s is more easier for a Nigerian based person. But if you have enough patience, you can try with 212
Trove and Bamboo use Drivewealth while trove is attached to ARM securities in Nigeria which allows for trading in Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) thereby eliminating the issues arising from sending trading request to BUY, SELL or STOP LOSS manually to brokers. It is also to note that upon registration & verification process the bank statement MUST match with the address you used for registration.e.g if your bank statement address states 1, Seun Osewa Str, Nairaland, when registering on the app it MUST be the same as your bank statement address. Choice Trade is good too.
Bamboo and trove have the following features
No minimum start up.
Yes!commission on Trade.
No Monthly maintenance fee.

The US stock market is open Monday - Friday, almost every week of the year. But what are the best times to trade stocks each day? ⏰

We thought we’d pull together this helpful grid, to show based on your country/time zone, what hours are typically the best to trade. Many people don’t realise you can actually trade in the pre-market (depending on the app you using?, which occurs for a few hours before the normal market open.

➡️ The first few minutes, even around 15 minutes at the open are usually volatile, so tread carefully here. Then 2 or 3 hours after the open, is when ‘lunch hours’ occur which is usually a time of lower volume and less squeezes happening. Things normally heat up in the final 2 hours approaching market close. ⁠

➡️ This is why during lunch hours, our trading group chat often goes quiet. If you’ve made a profit in the pre-market or at the open, you should protect those profits at all costs, and not over trade in the slower hours.
NextUp

HOW TO SET STOP LOSS

We have two methods of setting Stop Loss - [Automatic & Manual method]

What is Stop Loss?

-Stop loss is a trading tool designed to minimize the loss one can suffer in a trade by automatically liquidating assets [Close a trade or sell off], once the market reaches a particularly price.

-One can choose to go for the automatic method or use the manual method of stopping losses (I prefer the manual method)

So FOR EXAMPLE we traded $EXPR as stated in this signal above

That is we bought at 0.00000144 or at current market price and went for sell price 1 or 2 •••

And our stop loss is 0.00000137

••• Then after buying, you notice $EXPR is taking too long to hit sell price or the price keeps going down instead of going up, you're adviced to remain patient but if it goes down and goes below 0.00000137, you're advised to sell it off and move to another new stock

And also, you can still remain patient and continue observing because in stock trading here, no matter how low a trade goes, it will always come back up depending on a number of variables.

The only thing is it will take time..

And that's why "PATIENCE & HAVING AN INVESTOR's MINDSET IS IMPORTANT" in trading

So deciding how long you can wait for is up to you, like I'll always tell my students:- "make your own trading decisions and stick with it".

••• But that doesn't mean you should make canceling trades your hobby•••
You need to make sure the buy order has been successfully executed first

STEP 1:- You click on "Limit Order" under the sell column to reveal a dropdown of other options. - If your app uses it (mine doesn't)

STEP 2:- Then select
"Stop-Limit"

STEP 3:- Then you proceed to clear any price you may meet in the part, so you can input a new price.

STEP 4:- Then in the space for "Stop", you need to input a price that is a little above the actual Stop Loss price and that will serve as a price alert/trigger.

i.e for $EXPR, you can fill in 0.00000140 for "Stop(B)" and 0.00000137 for the "Limit(B)". This simply means you've instructed to App to trigger the Stop Loss if the price drops to 0.00000140 and that it should not allow the price go below 0.00000137 before selling it off.

0.00000137 is the actual Stop Loss Attached To the signal, 0.00000140 is what I used as a trigger alert.

STEP 5:- After step 4, you proceed to tap on 100% and then you click sell. Trading is not a get rich quick investment

I hope this helps, thank you for your time.

Thanks for this tips boss.

Please is it possible for me to withdraw my funds after making a deposit without trading?

3 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:49am On Mar 12, 2021
Yes, sorry for the late reply. I was ban by the mod.
RoyalDiadems:

Thanks for this tips boss.

Please is it possible for me to withdraw my funds after making a deposit without trading?
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:51am On Mar 12, 2021
The main three components of successful trading come down to:
•1) Risk Management: if you want to survive in this game long run, you must be great at managing risk before anything else.
•2) Trading System: you need to have a trading system/ edge that works with you and is proven (could take weeks/ months to figure out)
•3) Trading Psychology: you must understand yourself and how your psychology impacts your trading. How you respond to winning trades/ losing trades, to fomo and so on. Also how do you plan to fix it and improve those aspects that cause you to lose money.

In summary Trading system 10%
Trading Psychology 60%
Risk Management 30%

3 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Investors don’t know where the market will be next year, but we do know where it’ll be ten years from here—�

That’s precisely why I have no issue dollar-cost averaging - the price I pay will be averaged out over months, and it will ultimately have little effect in ten years.

Dollar-cost averaging is the opposite of investing all of your money at once. To DCA, you’d spread it out over months. For example, invest $300 a month into an S&P 500 index fund no matter its price.

Some months you’ll overpay, and some months you’ll underpay—it all balances out.

Are you a long-term investor?
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
The Market:
I’m going to be pretty low-key today. A lot going on. These are the main plays I am looking at as well as managing existing plays.
$SPY: hit major resistance when testing all-time highs yesterday in mid $395s, pre-market pulled back to first support at $391 and bouncing off that level now. Can see more downside on a break below $390-391.

We could see a decent size pullback today since the market has gotten overbought after the recent run up, but overall still very bullish. One thing that could be a big risk is if stimulus turns into a sell-the-news event and market sells off without any upcoming catalysts to send it back up. Overall still looks very bullish until something changes.

Swing Plays for Today:
*Reminder: my buy/sell alerts is just what I’m doing and should just be used for ideas. Not every entry/exit will be perfect timing. Long term investments are located only in the PDF version of the Morning Newsletter.

$GOGO: had slightly disappointing earnings, pulled back below major support at $12. Nearing trendline support, looking for bounce and reversal play from the $10’s if it can get there. 30%+ short float

$MMEDF: holding and consolidating at $2.70 support, has immediate upside up to $4 if sector starts to get hot

$DSS: btc/blockchain play curling up for potential reversal. Support at $3, can breakout on a move above $4

$TAP: cup and handle setup forming over the past ~1 year, will look to be averaging in to January 2022 calls pretty heavy with price target of $60+ and potentially higher on breakout. Has short term downside to next support at $44, hasn’t recovered as much as other recovery plays

$ARBKF: still forming bull pennant, can breakout to $5+ if btc gets hot/runs this weekend back to highs.
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
10 Hard Truths That No One Talks About

1. You Make Your Own Luck

"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity" - Oprah Winfrey.

How to create luck:

- Show up daily
- Plan your future
- Follow your passion
- Outwork the competition
- Never settle for mediocrity

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

2. Time Waits For No One

There are only 24 hours in a day.

Optimize your time by:

- Prioritizing your activities
- Planing the day in advance
- Today is the day to change your life

Time is the ultimate currency.

3. Comparison Is The Thief Of Joy

Own what is true for you.

Focus on:

- Your purpose
- Your experience
- Owning your feelings
- Turning your attention inward

The only competition is staring back at you in the mirror

4. Aim For Excellence, Not Perfection

Perfection is the killer of dreams.

Perfection can:

- Cost you time
- Increase anxiety
- Starve your creativity
- Prevent you from taking risks

If you seek perfection, you'll never reach it.

5. Change Is Inevitable

The only certainty in life is change.

How to keep up with change:

- Stay active
- Stay involved
- Stay informed
- Stay educated
- Stay connected
- Stay open-minded

If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.

6. Failure Is Opportunity

Without failure, there cannot be success.

Failure:

- Builds resilience
- Provides answers
- Accelerates growth
- Sparks opportunity
- Makes you stronger
- Redirects your goals

Failure is a stepping stone toward success.

7. Success Doesn't Require a Degree

Education only brings you so far.

Experience is the greatest educator.

What success does require:

- Energy
- Passion
- Attitude
- Discipline
- Confidence
- Consistency
- Being on time

Believe in yourself and others will believe in you too.

8. Mentors are the Ultimate Shortcut

Mentors extract your full potential.

Learn from their:

- Successes
- Failures
- Fears

Use them to:

- Gain advice
- Gain inspiration
- Gain empowerment

Mentors ignite change and leave a lasting impact.

9. No Matter Your Outcome, You'll Always be Judged

How to embrace judgment:

- Let it go
- Find your tribe
- Learn from criticism
- Cut out negative people
- Focus on the long term goal

Don't live to impress others, live to impress yourself.

10. You Are Not Your Past

Learn from your past to build a better future.

Your past:

- Teaches you
- Inspires success
- Shapes your future
- Makes you stronger

Your future needs you - your past does not.

1 Like

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by RoyalDiadems: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
yazga:
Yes, sorry for the late reply. I was ban by the mod.

Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 6:39am On Mar 13, 2021
ADVICE TO NEWBIES

The first question isn't "which stocks can I buy"

The first questions should be...

"how does this work?",

"how can I understand the market?",

"what do I need to know?"

When you get answers to the latter, you can easily find the former

Knowledge costs $1 (figuratively)

The market charges $100 (also figuratively).
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 6:42am On Mar 13, 2021
Being comfortable with a crowd only provides you with the idea that you liked

Being alone and scared is where I need you to get to

You have to be able to be the 1% by the change of your mindset
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
Once you're successful, they call you lucky.

Once you're rich, they call you privileged.

Once you're fit, they say you have good genetics.

Take the criticism as a compliment.

2 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:27am On Mar 15, 2021
EVERYONE needs an emergency fund.

Investing without an emergency fund is like trying to build a house with weak foundations. You’ll build the house faster without solid foundations, but if an emergency pops up, the house will crash, and you’ll need to rebuild it.

At the least, you need $1,000 + 3 months' worth of expenses.

When I say expenses, I mean expenses (the bare necessity). If you want to have three months of living costs, then go for it, but your emergency fund is a worst-case scenario backup plan.

It’s to protect you if an unexpected expense pops up or you lose your job. At the least, you’ll be able to survive for the next three months until you find another job.

Remember, your emergency fund isn’t meant to build wealth. You’re losing money to inflation, but you’re protecting yourself from an emergency that would otherwise cause you to sell your investments (usually at a loss because you’re most likely to lose your job in a recession).

Where should you store your emergency fund? A high yield savings account or a money market fund.
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2021
Never rely on someone—especially the government—to control your money. You need to be in control.

No one cares more about your financial future than you, so it makes no sense to put your trust in an entity like the government, which has a poor track record of managing money.

Learn how to manage money for yourself and stop saying ‘investing is too risky,’ for if you do not, you could retire with nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2021
How To Completely Change Your Life In 6-Months (Become High-Value)

1. Remove negative people
It’s important not to have toxic relationships while you’re trying to fix your life. These people will hold you back & try to ensure that you don’t change. Cut these relationships off before they can do anymore damage. Negative people will try to make you feel like a loser when you don't live up to their values.

But you have your own values

2. Replace bad habits with better ones
You’ll never fix your life if you’re forever a slave to your habits. Instead of trying to remove a bad habit completely, try replacing it with a better one. Example: meditating when you wake up instead of reaching for your phone

3. Commit to your personal growth
If you want to be successful you need to make a commitment to yourself that you won’t stop until you get what you want. Growth is not easy or quick - it’s a long & hard journey, Be prepared for this & commit to success.

4. Learn a high-income skill
The internet has made it possible to make thousands of dollars online EASILY with the right skills
Pick a high-paying skill & stick with it:

> SEO
> Cold Email
> Facebook Ads
Learn how to market yourself & you’re golden!

5. Invest in yourself
An investment into yourself is the smartest investment you can make! Courses & mentors will be your best friend - Never be scared to invest in your knowledge. That $30 course can help you potentially make $1000’s back if you apply it correctly!

6. Be consistent & never give up
Motivation will get you started but it won’t take you very far. You need discipline & consistency to take you across the finish line. There’s going to be days you don’t want to show up. Show up anyway. That’s what sets you apart.

If you enjoyed this read then please consider signing up with my link on my signature t get FREE shares!
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:40am On Mar 15, 2021
� In case of dividend stocks, the excess return that is earned on the stock is declared and shared with the investors and the excess of profits are withdrawn only as dividends whereas in the growth model, the excess return that is earned is re-invested and the profits are materialized only when the same are redeemed or sold
� If the investor is looking for liquidity and cash at periodic intervals, they should opt for dividend investing. If, on the contrary, an investor is looking for growth and wants to stay invested for a long time, they should opt for growth growth stocks and reap the benefits later.
� Both types of investments have their advantages and disadvantages. The investment type depends on the investment horizon and circumstances and the objective of the investment for which the investment has been made.
Whats your investing style ?
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2021
7 REASONS WHY DEGREE/DIPLOMA HOLDERS ARE POOR

I have a very painful truth to dish out to graduates out there:

✓ Your degree or certificate is not the cure to poverty; the cure to poverty is your ability to see and seize opportunities. In this Article, the word P.O.O.R means: Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly

✓ Dear Graduates, if somebody offers you an amazing opportunity, but you are not sure you can do it, say yes then learn how to do it later! Never should you say you don’t know. School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their creativity and ability to solve problems. School rewards caution; life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

✓ Being on top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life. The world is filled with poor graduates but rich opportunists! Kevin Ngo once said, “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want”.

✓ Your certificates and degrees are meant to help you garner the experience and expertise needed to fulfill your dreams; they are not your destination! I have watched pitiably many graduates with degrees and certificates languishing in poverty looking for jobs that don’t even exist while people with keen eyes for opportunities reach the pinnacle of success in the most unlikeliest of ways.

✓ Do you have a graduate or degree holder around you that is poor? I bet you have as they are everywhere! I have a very painful truth to dish out to graduates out there: Your degree or certificate is not the cure to poverty; the cure to poverty is your ability to see and seize opportunities.

✓ BASICALLY, there are seven (7) reasons why degree holders are poor.

1. THEY DON’T THINK BEYOND THEIR CERTIFICATES
Albert Einstein said, “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” Have you ever heard of the creativity term “Think outside the box”? One of the major reasons why most graduates are poor is simply because they can’t see and think beyond their certificates. I have seen engineering students work as bankers. I have seen medical doctors with great skills in web and graphic designs. I have seen lawyers that are very dexterous with finances. The list is endless! The basic truth of life is that the skills that are needed to be much sought after and become more successful in life are not really found within the walls of the classrooms. Your certificate is just a proof that you are teachable, it does not suggest what you are totally capable of doing. You are full of possibilities when you think beyond your degrees and certificates.

2. THEY PRIORITIZE THEIR CERTIFICATES MORE THAN THEIR GIFTS AND TALENTS
I have often advised some of my colleagues, never to leave their gifts dormant while pursuing and hunting for jobs with their certificates. There must be a complementary balance in the pursuit of your passion and in the search for jobs. Everybody is gifted for something, but the winning edge comes from our ability to work on our gifts and bless the world with it. The very best way to develop yourself is in the direction of your natural talents and interest. In order to live a fulfilled and impactful life, we need to work harder on our gift than our job. We need to discover our gift, develop it, and sell it. Don’t bury your TALENT with your certificates.

3. THEIR CERTIFICATES PREPARE THEM FOR A WORLD THAT NO LONGER EXIST
It has been found that most of the skills taught in schools are becoming obsolete in the present world. The world has changed a lot, and so are people’s need! It is imperative to know that the present form of university education does not prepare students for the future. Graduates are becoming endangered species in the face of a changing world. Our archaic methods and approaches of learning are preparing graduates for a world that no longer exist, as we are churning out degree holders every year with certificates that have face value but no intrinsic worth. Most learning institutions are filled up with lecturers and pseudo-educators with lecture notes, methods and approaches that have lost relevance in a changing world.

4. THEY KNOW LESS ABOUT THEMSELVES BUT MORE ABOUT THINGS
Certificates and degrees don’t reveal people to themselves; they at most measure our IQ (Intelligent Quotient). I have often tell people that there is no Recovery without Discovery. A poor man is simply someone that has not not discovered himself.
The more you discover yourself, the more you realize the treasures that are hidden deep within you. We carry inside ourselves latent treasures that can only be unveiled through self-discovery.

5. CERTIFICATES AND DEGREES CAN KILL INITIATIVES
Degrees and certificates can close up your minds to ideas while initiatives open it up. If you are not careful, your degrees and certificates can close up your mind. The purpose of education is to keep your mind perpetually opened towards limitless possibilities! Fred Smith saw an opportunity for overnight delivery of anything anywhere in the USA, and ultra- fast delivery anywhere in the world, FedEx was born. It will be interesting to know that Fred Smith got a grade “C” in a Yale economics class for an idea that the professor belittled as unworkable.
Fred Smith’s company became the first American business to make over ten billion dollars in annual profit. Beginning with just 186 packages delivered the first night, FedEx now delivers in over two hundred countries using over 6,030 aircraft, 46,000 vehicles and 141,000 employees.

6. DEGREES AND CERTIFICATES POSITION YOU TO LOOK FOR JOBS AND NOT FOR OPPORTUNITIES
Our certificates and degrees prepare graduates to look for jobs and not open our eyes to life-changing opportunities. You are not poor because you don’t have a job; you are poor because you are not seeing and seizing opportunities. Being POOR is simply Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly! What keeps people ahead in life is not their education or degrees, it is simply the opportunity that they seized. Jobs may be scarce but not opportunities. As long as there is a problem to be solved, there will always be opportunities. It is a waste of our education, exposure, and experiences if after we graduate from school, all we think about is searching for a job. An enlightened and educated mind should be able to see and seize opportunities.

7. CERTIFICATES AND DEGREES PREPARE PEOPLE TO LOOK FOR SECURITY AND NOT TO TAKE RISKS

We must be willing to make mistakes and take breakthrough risks. Taking risks and learning from mistakes help us in knowing what works and what does not! When Thomas Edison was being questioned by a mischievous journalist on how he felt for having failed for 999 times before getting the idea of the light bulb, his response stunned the whole world when he confidently said, “I have not failed 999 times, I have only learned 999 ways of how not to make a light bulb”.

✓ Many graduates and degree holders are becoming progressively poor because the skills required in the modern world to get rich are not taught in schools and institutions. By 2025, we’ll lose over five million jobs to automation. This means that future jobs will look vastly different by the time many people graduate from the university.

✓ Future jobs will involve KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION/ CREATION and innovation, and people that are only equipped with skills found in the classroom will definitely be a misfit in an ever-changing world. Skills like critical thinking, creativity, people’s skill, STEM skills (e.g Coding), complex problem-solving skills etc. are central to living a more comprehensive and productive life.

✓ In conclusion, my humble and candid advice to graduates and students in institutions is to think wide, deep and outside the box. Take volunteer jobs, and don’t be afraid to navigate fields that are different from your field of learning. Your future career will require you to to future problems. Start by reading as much as you can about anything and everything that interests you. Once you get to college, consider double majoring or minoring in completely different fields. Trust me, it’ll pay off in the long run.
Don’t limit yourself to the classroom.
Do something practical.
Take a leadership position.
Start a business and fail; that’s a better entrepreneurship.
Contest an election and lose. It will teach you something political science will not teach you.
Attend a seminar.
Read books outside the scope of your course.
Think less of becoming an excellent student, but think more of becoming an excellent person.
Don’t make the classroom your world, but make the world your classroom. Step forward and try something extra. Invest in something you believe!
Real financial security and freedom is not in your job, but in your passion, gifts, talents, and your ability to see and seize opportunities.

If you learned something from this be kindly sign up with the link on my signature we both get FREE shares
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2021
Gamers this post is for you!
-
Here are 3 ETFs focusing on all things classic gaming but also the fast rising eSports.
-
There are some familiar faces in each of the top holdings but these ETFs cover stocks all over the world.

Regions represented include Activision Blizzard (US) Tencent (China), Nintendo (Japan) and Modern Times Group (Sweden) to name a few.
-
My favourite is ESPO, but then I'm long on AMD which biases my decision. I also love Nintendo (although I don't own any stock yet).
-
Also that ticker NERD... love it.
-
What's your favourite?
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2021
To get to the next level you have to let go of your old self! We are not designed to be traders. Our minds don’t like anything that has uncertainty and trading has uncertainty written all over it.

•In order to become a successful trader, you must reinvent yourself.
Learn about yourself deeply.

Track your patterns.

Work on them every single day.

1 Like

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2021
U.S. Daylight Saving Time ⏰

Starting today, the U.S. market will open at 2:30 PM and close at 9 PM (WAT). Plan your trades accordingly.

Zenith Bank Dividend drops tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
How to Get Rich

10 Things Rich People Do

1. Build Multiple Income Streams

The average millionaire has 7 income streams.

Income streams could include:

- Primary job
- Partner's job
- Real estate income
- Side hustle income
- Interest and dividends

Don't put your eggs in 1 basket.

Diversify your income today.

2. Use the System in your Favor

66% of millionaires are business owners.

The wealthy use:

- Tax deductions
- Tax advantages
- Personal liability protection

Understand different business structures:

- LLCs
- S Corps.
- Sole proprietorships

Build a lasting empire now.

3. Be a 401k Millionaire

As of 2020, there is a record number of 401k millionaires.

How to be a 401k millionaire:

- Invest early
- Invest consistently
- Use employer matches
- Increase investments with raises

With time and consistency, you can be a 401k millionaire.

4. Pay Yourself First

Use money to make money.

How to pay yourself first:

- Deposit your paycheck
- Automate your investments first
- Any money left over can be spent

Create your wealth before you consume.

You owe it to yourself.

5. Find an Accountability Partner

Find a trusted partner to hold you accountable for your financial goals.

An accountability partner can be:

- Your friend
- Your spouse
- Your partner
- Your mentor
- Your professor

Use your network to your advantage.

6. Invest, Don't Just Save
"Compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world" - Albert Einstein.
Invest in:
- Yourself
- Your network
- Your business
- Your retirement

There is no such thing as the "perfect time" to invest.

Start today to build a better tomorrow.

7. Avoid Debt
Get out of high-interest debt today.

Debt can hurt your:
- Credit score
- Quality of life
- Chances for retirement
- Ability to open a business
- Chances for continuing education

If you hold high-interest debt you are robbing your future self.

8. Don’t Spend Money on Stuff you Don’t Need

Instead of buying:
- Luxury cars
- Luxury clothing
- Lavish vacations

Use your money to:
- Pay off debt
- Invest in yourself
- Invest for retirement

Don't buy stuff to impress people that don't care.

9. Automate Bills & Investments

Why automation works:
- More time
- Less stress
- Consistency

Automation will help you:
- Stick to your plan
- Remain consistent
- Not miss any due dates

When you automate your life, you automate success.

10. Create a Plan of Action

Every dollar has a purpose.
That means:
- Start a budget
- Track your budget
- Review your budget daily
- Discover opportunities to improve

The hardest step is starting. Make a plan today.

Want to make more money?

https://accounts.binance.cc/en/register?ref=71948646
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
The Market:
Futures up about 0.4% up today, market looking to start off the week very bullish boosted by the new stimulus money going into the market.
- One thing to keep an eye on is what the stock market is going run-up on after the stimulus boost. I think there could be a chance that after the initial boost of stimulus, it could turn into a sell-the-news event since there’s no other major catalyst coming up for the overall market. People spooked by rising interest rates and likely no stimulus for a long time could be dangerous for the market if fear starts up again. Just a thought, but something to be aware of.
- SPY looking like we’ll see all-time highs again early this week, major resistance areas to watch: $395.76 (past all time high), and $400 likely to be a big resistance and mental-barrier to get above. Short-term support levels to watch: $393, $391

Earnings im watching this week: $DM, $FCEL, $CRWD, $GEVO, $FIVE, $MP, $ FDX, $NKE, $HEXO

Swing Plays for Today:
*Reminder: my buy/sell alerts is just what I’m doing and should just be used for ideas. Not every entry/exit will be perfect timing.
$API: nearing full confirmed reversal on a move above $68, has 26% short float and if hype comes back around clubhouse this has the potential to take off again. Also Twitter is expected to be releasing voice-chat rooms soon, most likely software supplier will be API so something to watch for as another potential catalyst.

$AUTL: in a long term downtrend and falling wedge, 25%+ short float. If it can break the downtrend, could see a breakout and quick move back to $10.

$GOGO: sold off after earnings (likely an overreaction imo), has 38% short float and can be a quick mover. Liking this dip here nearing trendline support. Target $13, stop loss below $10.7

$RKT: Down back to an interesting area for re-entry. Watching $25 to hold as potential support for reversal

$VISL: cup and handle setup and starting to break above trendline. Full breakout happens on a move over $5 and has upside for a quick move to $8-10 on breakout

$WOOF: confirming reversal after downtrend, has room short term for a quick run back to $25

$MCD: testing falling-wedge breakout, if it can break above and hold can move quick to $220-230. Stop loss below $210

$ROOT: heavily beat down and oversold since having its IPO at ~$30. Imo should get a nice bounce and pop off the $10-11 range for a move back to $13-14 range

$POSH: Valuation almost cut in half since IPO, watching $45-47 range to hold as support for a move back to $60-70 range. Stop loss would be below $45

$JD: had great earnings last week, sold off 20%+ just because they didn’t give guidance. Big overreaction, nearing major support levels here. Stop loss below $80, target move back to $100

$BABA: hasn’t recovered as much as the rest of the market since correction, watching support to hold at $230 and has major support at $226 where stop-loss would be below. Target move back to $250+

Also watching plays mentioned in YT video - $NNOX, $TAP, $ARBKF

- Same thesis on everything not mentioned above
Make sure to trade smart this week!
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
DCA (dollar cost average). That's when you buy the same stock/ETF at intervals, adding up to an amount that you would like to have invested in that particular stock/ETF. Say you want to have $500 worth invested in the $VOO/$SPY, you could buy $125 worth every 2 weeks for two months; or $62.5 worth every week for two months.

That way, you minimise the impact of the volatility of the market on how much it costs you to buy a full position.

Cost Averaging is a time-tested investing strategy. Here, you spread the total amount to be invested across periodic purchases of a target asset. (Say VOO monthly)

It has a compounding effect and is a tool you can use to build wealth over a long period. This is also how you reduce the impact of short-term volatility in the market.

This is the cost average of John’s monthly investment in the Vanguard S&P 500 index (VOO) in 2020.

The average spent was $292.93 for a total contribution of $1,200 valued at $1,406.85. Excluding capital gains and quarterly dividends.

If John was to invest the whole $1,200 in January at $304.81, he would own only 3.94 shares of VOO, but with cost-averaging, he owned 4.16 shares.

John's payday is 23rd of each and he invest $100 into VOO every 23rd. (The price there matches the 23rd of every month in 2020, except it fell to a weekend).

Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future performance
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
By LauraClasikVibe On Mar 10
There will always be different ideas about how often to trade, how long to hold a position and when to enter or exit the market. But, there are four main styles and strategies at the core of trading.

1. Scalping is a trading style that involves opening and holding a position for a very short amount of time, from a few seconds to a few minutes at most.

2. Day trading is a style that specifies a trader will open and close all their positions before the markets close each evening. Positions are usually held from anywhere between few seconds to a few hours.

3. swing trading is a style that focuses on taking a position within a larger move. It involves holding a trade over several days or weeks, in order to take advantage of short- to medium-term market movements.

4. Position trading involves holding a trade for a long period of time, whether this is weeks, months or even years.

Choosing a trading style requires the flexibility to know when a trading style is not working for you, but also requires the consistency to stick with the right trading style even when it is not performing optimally.

4 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by abraolas1: 4:59am On Mar 16, 2021
yazga:
U.S. Daylight Saving Time ⏰

Starting today, the U.S. market will open at 2:30 PM and close at 9 PM (WAT). Plan your trades accordingly.

Zenith Bank Dividend drops tomorrow

Nice Thread .... have been a follower ... just a quick question..... what are the Months that Zenith do pay their Dividends .... and how much is it .... or what's your view about Dividend Stocks in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2021
abraolas1:

Nice Thread .... have been a follower ... just a quick question..... what are the Months that Zenith do pay their Dividends .... and how much is it .... or what's your view about Dividend Stocks in Nigeria
March, it will likely drop this afternoon. aBOUT =N=92b TO BE PAID TODAY
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2021
5 Types of Investment Strategies:

Value Investing.
Income Investing.
Growth Investing.
Small Cap Investing.
Socially Responsible Investing.

What’s your favorite strategy?
Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2021
Taxes can be confusing! Here’s a guide on how & when stock capital gains are taxed.

Stocks owned for less than one year are considered “short term capital gains” when they are sold for a profit. Short term capital gains are taxed as ordinary income based on your current tax filing status and income bracket. Picture these gains being added onto your paycheck from your employer...they are taxed at the exact same rates.

Stocks owned for one year or more are considered “long term capital gains” when they are sold for a profit. Long term capital gains have their own bracket and are taxed at favorable rates. The lower tax rates encourage longer term investing.

The long term capital gains rates in the table in this post reflect tax filers with “Single” status and “Married Filing Jointly”.

Re: My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market by yazga: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2021
Stock Market Acronyms
ROI- return on investment
YOC- yield on cost
ATH- all time high
BTD- buy the dip
WW = worth watching
RR = risk reward
NHOD = new high of day
PH = power hour 3-4pm est
PM = premarket
AH = after hours 4-8pm
TTM - to the moon!
SPAC - special purpose acquisition company
GTD - Good till day
ATL - All time low
FOMO - fear of missing out
CAGR - Compound Annual Growth Rate
DCA, dollar cost averaging
YOY year over year
NHOD- new high of day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Create A Professional Website/blog For Your Business At Affordable Rates / Make Money Online With Sunpower / Do You Know About ARM Investment? Kindly Advice Me Before I Invest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.